2500:2500 coorded map, your thoughts please?

Join Discord

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Hi guys.

I feel that my mapping skills are now good enough too create a HUGE map as i've always wanted to create an absolutely huge custom map where all leveling places, main towns, conquest walls will be unique/custom.

I was just wondering if you people would actually like too see this in a server someday.

And before you guys start saying this will be too big to play in, it'll basically be a new mir2 world with teleport stones to make it easier to access towns etc. I've started this already and i wont show screenies till its at least 25% made.

So just comment here guys...

P.S i didnt know whether to put this thread in general chat or mir map section, so i shoved it here, do change if it's in the wrong section. :P

/kizza

Reactions: Omen_lom

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Nice, Yeh jam started a map like this before he nearly finished it too i think its about on here somehwere shame it didnt get finished as it was looking fairly good.

I for one would use this map if your going to be releasing this after you complete it?

/Zen2

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
This sounds like my server, so i best say what a top idear :)

lif

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Cheers for comments guys. I will most likely give this to everyone as mir servers need some decent maps.

Zen2 - Yea, i've seen Jams map, pretty decent :D Although mine is 3times bigger, it'll probably take a 2weeks + too perfect it.

/kizza

Last edited:

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
KEY:
Red Dot = Entrance
Grey Dot = LevelingCave (Groups can help)
Grey Dot + Small red dot on it = Hard leveling cave (Group required)

Dark Blue Dot = Guild leveling caves (requires a guild to actually hunt the mobs there)
Dark Blue Dot + Small red dot on it =
Hard Guild leveling caves (requires a guild to actually hunt the mobs there)
Dark Greed Dot = Allied Guild leveling caves (requires more than 1 guild to hunt here)
Dark Green Dot + Small red dot on it = Hard Allied Guild leveling caves (requires more than 1 good guild to hunt here)
Pink Dot = Conquest Wall owner (gets an extra gold/exp hunting cave for owning the wall)

BTW this is only the plan of the map, not the map :P Please comment as im working on map now.

/kizza

Last edited:

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Looks good nice to see you have it all planned out.

Good luck, Will be nice to see some screenies once you get a little way through it.

/Zen2

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
lmao love the plan, and it sounds like a fantasic idea.

You should save different copies as you go along :), so you can edit it to make different versions.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
lmao love the plan, and it sounds like a fantasic idea.

You should save different copies as you go along :), so you can edit it to make different versions.

Great Idea. May also make copies where people can make there own versions O.o

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Won't this cause huge lagg with the amount of spawns going on in map...

Also why not make like 2-3 provinces and just make several links.. isnt hard to make it so maps are same either side of ent.

Also its soo much easier to work on a smaller map compared to large one.

Final thingy what map edit are you using? Shortys only goes to 999:999 dont it?

Edit: I also got a copy of Jams map 1/2 finished... if any1 wants it.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Won't this cause huge lagg with the amount of spawns going on in map...

Also why not make like 2-3 provinces and just make several links.. isnt hard to make it so maps are same either side of ent.

Also its soo much easier to work on a smaller map compared to large one.

Final thingy what map edit are you using? Shortys only goes to 999:999 dont it?

Edit: I also got a copy of Jams map 1/2 finished... if any1 wants it.

Well i think its shorties, but i got mine when i downloaded oldskool client. If your daft enough to try making a big map, then try putting it in:P (i've also made 1000:1000 coord one with shorties so it goes over 999:999)

Anyways, I wont be putting many spawns in the actually province as theres only caves there, So lag wont be a problem.

The big problem is having to travel, the map size when its completed will be like 50MB plus.. CRAZY. And the minimap will be like 100MB. :O Also problem with the minimap will be sizing it down to actually fit the mir minimap screen,

EDIT - Feck sake, your right Smavid. It only works up to 1000:1000 -.- the map loads up too 2500:2500 coords but doesnt place objects down after you go over 1000:1000 e.g 1200:2000 cant place anything. :(

/kizza

Last edited:

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
lol u/l bud :P 1000x1000 is big enough anyway. ^^

go for that.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Yea, What a total bloody shame!

Anyways i'll just split the big province into 3 and link them.. Not hard, as Smavid said.

DW guys you'll still see a big world from me.. In about like 2-4weeks as i have some **** 350word exam too memorise for an A* in german, woop.

Anyways pictures of first section in a day or too.

/kizza

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
OMG IDEA!!!!!

Why not make 3 700-800 maps? and link them all nicely? Ill do a paint diagram.

-edit nm pc wont lemme upload webs too ****.

Last edited:

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
I'd say 1000:1000 each XD but thats me, And sure mate would love to see another sexy paint picture. Ty

/kizza

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
I think im going to kinda split it into 3 so that theres the main town with some leveling spots, conquest wall with a level spot and other stuff and a like endgame area where all the tough caves are.

/kizza

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
wouldnt one whole map lagg because of to many mob's, player etc? i can remember when euro did this with BW,WW used to take ages to enter in beta

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
wouldnt one whole map lagg because of to many mob's, player etc? i can remember when euro did this with BW,WW used to take ages to enter in beta

No, it wont lagg because the only mobs that'll be around the province will be near the town. E.g Hens. All the custom mobs will be in custom caves which are not the same map as the province, meaning no lagg..

/kizza