Advice?

Join Discord

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Hey all just need some advice.

Just wrote my car off becuase some one decided to pull a handbrake turn after a set of traffic lights. I was working so im covered 3rd party with dominos but the guys not taking liability cars totaly ****ed and ive been driving for three months -.-

I went through the lights and the guy slowed down and pulled up on the pavement then decided to swing round with the handbrake on into the middle of the road leaving me no where to go apart from into the side of him at about 25/30.

Not sure what todo..

Last edited:

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Let me get this right:

You were at some Traffic Lights with a person in front of you, the lights turned green and you all set off. The guy in front slowed don and mounted the Pavement at which point you got upto 30MPH. The guy in front of you was doing a U Turn (lost probably) and was under the impression he had enough of a gap to turn around without getting crashed into.

You crashed into Him at 25/30MPH not long after the lights - from an outside view, it was 100% Your fault not his. Was it not your job to make sure you had enough stopping distance to make sure you never hit him?

Oh and how do you know he handbrake turned the car by the way? Do you have hard proof of this?

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
if he did the U Turn at the acutall trafic light's and beyond about 200yards then i would say it was his. what will happen next is phone your insurance and exsplain to them and take him to court

/ancient

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Let me get this right:

You were at some Traffic Lights with a person in front of you, the lights turned green and you all set off. The guy in front slowed don and mounted the Pavement at which point you got upto 30MPH. The guy in front of you was doing a U Turn (lost probably) and was under the impression he had enough of a gap to turn around without getting crashed into.

You crashed into Him at 25/30MPH not long after the lights - from an outside view, it was 100% Your fault not his. Was it not your job to make sure you had enough stopping distance to make sure you never hit him?

Oh and how do you know he handbrake turned the car by the way? Do you have hard proof of this?

No not at all the lights were green with my travelling through them at 25/30 with him slowing and pulling onto a big pavemented area were cars are allowed to stop for pickups only. By the time i was at his backend with him being to the left of me with him doing about 15-20 his back wheels locked and smoke coming from the front wheels (like a burn out) spinning the front out into the middle of the road.

There was no way he could of done a U-Turn becuase cars were oncoming with thier lights being red since ours were green (was a big cross junction thing.) He said he was pulling into Dominos (my work as i was working) but where he was at the point recquired him todo a u turn to come back on himself.

There were witnesses and details have been exchanged the way you explain it makes it my fault yes but thats not how it happened i didnt set off from the lights as they were already green i might have been going abit fast through the lights as if they would of changed i might not have been able to stop but police did show up take statements and draw what happened.

I was on the clock so covered by dominos 3rd party.

Last edited:

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
something like this happened to me, but i braked and let the granny go off with an evil eye.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
LMAO mental.
Sorry to hear it Carl. I think i know roughly where it happened actually >.<

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
its a tricky situation, what you should of done if he was saying it wasnt his fault, and you were 100% sure it was, you should of rang the police, and brought them out.. since its over and ya there is witnesses, but its going to be hard to track them down, and get a proper version out of it all now.

something like this happened to me a year ago. and i left it for a while, and then went to insurance company, it was determined it was my fault, as i hit into him. ect, but if i would of rang the gardai(irish police) and we would of given our stories and they would see how the crash happened, it would of been his fault.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
theres certain ways for police to examine the scenes skid marks where he has hand braked, and you have skidded from hitting the brakes if you even had chance to do so. plus then theres where you hit his car, by this i mean if you hit his indicator police can examine wether the indicator was on or not, if it wasnt on the bulb would just brake and if it was on the bulb would be burnt out or whatever.

but im with kadama, i wouldve gone nuts, reversed and probably driven into the drivers door.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
The police already showed up the other guy rang them. Spoke to dominos today and there was a CCTV camera outside the shop and it caught everything i'll be getting a copy and sending it to my insurance company.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
tbh id just like to say owned. hell only get a slap on the wrist for it as the justice system in this country is retarded.

any chance you could upload the video onto the net so we can see it too lol.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
lol none of the above. but nor would i get out the car and start having a go at them nevermind beatin em up.

wots the point?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
ok ur driving in ur car and have an accident with a car which has 2 parents and a young child in. no1's hurt and there isn't much damage to the car either.

the guy gets out of the car and beats the **** out of you for endangering his kid.

fair or not?

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
completely diffrent situation to what this thread was made for, im talking based on the situation in hand. moron.