Affinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
Re: Legend Of Mir Affinity

maybe a bug or a mistake,

Bug cave kill 5 EvilTongs,

Go BBD kill EvilTongs there, and they count to the quest for a different cave

Is this suppose to be like this ?

BLaPP

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 8, 2013

yeah its exactly the same :D

server had about 50users on 4-5 days ago dropped right down again.

wonder y

Makes me laugh , try discussing balance or potential ideas , or constructive criticism with Azzi , he throws his toys out the pram , always to busy to get anything actually done regarding updates, however as soon as people start recalling donations he's there instantly writing stupid un necessary posts regarding terms and conditions and all that bollocks , all while watching his active users drop daily.

But nah let's make sure everyone knows the terms and conditions and all the small print behind the donations , that will make us look like good GMs

Gangsta

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 30, 2004

Makes me laugh , try discussing balance or potential ideas , or constructive criticism with Azzi , he throws his toys out the pram , always to busy to get anything actually done regarding updates, however as soon as people start recalling donations he's there instantly writing stupid un necessary posts regarding terms and conditions and all that bollocks , all while watching his active users drop daily.

But nah let's make sure everyone knows the terms and conditions and all the small print behind the donations , that will make us look like good GMs

Been waiting for someone like you to pop up :D you've hit the nail on the head there

This is spot on haven't seen many comments on here apart from when I started telling him what I thought

Also another reason this server will never last and be successful

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK

Haha this community will never change. So much hate. Why can't people just play the game and enjoy it for how it was made by the creators? Or if you aren't enjoying it for how it was made then just move on to a different game or server. I'd say one of the main reason Mir servers have such a short life span is because the creators are being told by so many player how the game should be. Poor server creators are being pulled all over the place by players perspective of how it should be. Then when it doesn't go their way they throw hate at it.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

There seems to be a significant lack of information for some of the 'features' here. I don't know if they are standard on other servers or what, but the information given on here or the website does not help in any way in understanding them properly.

Glyphs and Souls: I've amounted a good 100 of these, and still no idea how to actually use them properly. There is a Weapon awakening npc with 4 slots in bichon weapon shop... what goes in them.... Can they be used elsewhere?

Boss scroll... went into the basement and just get ista killed by something off my screen...

Ancient sword / marbles... again no clue what I'm supposed to do with them, and no indication anywhere to enlighten me.

lvl 40 ring quest telling me to go kill a lvl 50+ group boss?

Crafting zone, great. Tells you what you need(but no indication of where to get the materials) but not what the resulting item is, besides a name, show the stats maybe?

It's been a long time since i played Mir, maybe this information is common place these days, but there needs to be some way to discover these things in game, and this is just from 2 days on this server.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

He can say all he wants to about terms, he dont own the game or images. if i recall a payment, sent as paying for goods and it dont ment what its ment to, its a no winner for him.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

And can you elaborate on what you mean by lvl 60 is the soft cap?

As there is already someone at 60, and a goo bunch late 50's

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

And can you elaborate on what you mean by lvl 60 is the soft cap?

As there is already someone at 60, and a goo bunch late 50's

Know fk all about this server specifically, but soft cap is a term usually relating to a designed (by game devs) system stopping players from progressing (upwards).

- A hard cap is enforced stop on progression (think level 110 on WoW, or lvl 99 on Final Fantasy 7). Any 'max level' feature in a game is a 'hard cap' (99% of the time)

-In mir you quite often get soft caps. Soft caps are usually features that are implemented to hinder upwards progression, whilst not preventing it. A common example is setting the soft cap to xys level (lets say 60). Up until 60, levelling is smooth and progressive, allowing the player to realistically improve purely through level.

When you hit 60, the soft cap comes in. You can still level, but it is usually no longer then primary method of progressing. It may take 10x as long to level to 61 for example, but you can. The developers simply intend for 'end game' to be based around level 60

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

I seriously have no idea why everyone still calls them donations, they are pretty much micro-transactions.

Also when it comes to forums and the internet in general, you need to be able to take any and all of peoples opinions on board without taking them personally.

I appreciate anyone who hosts a server, as its their own time they are putting into the server to provide some nostalgia and enjoyment from the game. HOWEVER, if you put any option to buy anything in your game for real cash, you need to show some customer service and not respond like an ass (not actually referencing anything here) as once people start paying, they are customers.
If people are paying into your server, there is a baseline of commitment expected from the server owner(s) - stable server, updates, bug fixes and a good attitude to both good and bad opinions.

(this is kinda referencing the arguments that are going on in this post... i guess)

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK

If people are paying into your server, there is a baseline of commitment expected from the server owner(s) - stable server, updates, bug fixes and a good attitude to both good and bad opinions.

From what I've seen, this server has been having bug fixes and updates quite regularly (compared to a few other servers).

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

I seriously have no idea why everyone still calls them donations, they are pretty much micro-transactions.

Also when it comes to forums and the internet in general, you need to be able to take any and all of peoples opinions on board without taking them personally.

I appreciate anyone who hosts a server, as its their own time they are putting into the server to provide some nostalgia and enjoyment from the game. HOWEVER, if you put any option to buy anything in your game for real cash, you need to show some customer service and not respond like an ass (not actually referencing anything here) as once people start paying, they are customers.

(this is kinda referencing the arguments that are going on in this post... i guess)

I've only ever replied to people with decency. Not being funny but it works both ways, I always try to treat my players with respect (Even if the toxic ones don't think so). But thats simply because they don't like every update, I mean You cant please everyone. When players are just sat there (I mean one or two players) demanding you do this and demanding you do that. Then accusing you of whatever, and slating the server. What are you supposed to do? Just let them continue being toxic and lets be honest completely pointlessly ranting in X chat? I've always asked people Post me the bugs or suggestions you find, we will look into them and implement if we feel it is something that is needed in the server.

I am commited to my server as I always have been. If players want to rage at me so be it, but I'll continue updating and working on the server because thats what I want to do.

Think of this situation

Two players demanding and whatever else for this and that to be done (They must feel they have 100% say in what happens with the server because they donate). Whereas the rest of the community doesn't want that and it doesn't look good in balance terms. What would you do in your shoes? You wouldn't do it would you?

So yeah everything scaled from something like the above ^ Then they were being completely toxic and throwing accusations in discord. So i banned them, as its a place for discussions on bugs, suggestions etc so that I have a clear idea of what needs looking at (So i have it all in one place) Not for constant spam and people raging because of this or that. Thats not fair. Not on the players trying to help with suggestions and not fair on the Updates/Other players as i have to continuously deal with the people raging in chat. So instead they were banned from the Discord let me make this clear, it was just the discord they were banned from. So then they decided to recall their paypal payments and wanted to continue to play. So they were then banned in-game until the issue was resolved (A note was left on their account to contact a admin) So instead they took to posting on here to try and make the server look bad. I mean is that not throwing the rattle out of the pram? Like i said i listen to everyones opinions but it doesn't always mean i will do everything every player in game says, because the server would get out of control then lets be honest.

Anyway - I've been away the past couple of days as moving rooms so updates have been a little thin, but I am going to be working hard over the next couple of days to get plenty done and ingame so look forward to the upcoming stuff :)

---------- Post Merged at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:28 PM ----------

There seems to be a significant lack of information for some of the 'features' here. I don't know if they are standard on other servers or what, but the information given on here or the website does not help in any way in understanding them properly.

Glyphs and Souls: I've amounted a good 100 of these, and still no idea how to actually use them properly. There is a Weapon awakening npc with 4 slots in bichon weapon shop... what goes in them.... Can they be used elsewhere?

Boss scroll... went into the basement and just get ista killed by something off my screen...

Ancient sword / marbles... again no clue what I'm supposed to do with them, and no indication anywhere to enlighten me.

lvl 40 ring quest telling me to go kill a lvl 50+ group boss?

Crafting zone, great. Tells you what you need(but no indication of where to get the materials) but not what the resulting item is, besides a name, show the stats maybe?

It's been a long time since i played Mir, maybe this information is common place these days, but there needs to be some way to discover these things in game, and this is just from 2 days on this server.

Glyphs and souls are for awakening in the weapon shop as you said - They need to match the rarity of the item E.g. a Common Awakening soul and Bravery glyph go with a common weapon. You only need to use the first two slots to awaken your item. Its 100% Rate of working but the cost goes up the more you awaken it

Boss scroll - It could be that a level 50+ had spawned somethign in there (I'll try and make level related rooms for the next update)

- Ancient swords are going to be used in a later patch, Marbles are for crafting at the end of the crafting questline in the crafting village.

Level 40 ring, I'm guessing you mean OKS ? (The one which you walk to is level 40-50) Whereas the one that is on the teleporter is 50+

Crafting zone - Yeap i can look into that for sure.

I'll speak with Cybac about the website guide and see how its coming along for you.

---------- Post Merged at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Know fk all about this server specifically, but soft cap is a term usually relating to a designed (by game devs) system stopping players from progressing (upwards).

- A hard cap is enforced stop on progression (think level 110 on WoW, or lvl 99 on Final Fantasy 7). Any 'max level' feature in a game is a 'hard cap' (99% of the time)

-In mir you quite often get soft caps. Soft caps are usually features that are implemented to hinder upwards progression, whilst not preventing it. A common example is setting the soft cap to xys level (lets say 60). Up until 60, levelling is smooth and progressive, allowing the player to realistically improve purely through level.

When you hit 60, the soft cap comes in. You can still level, but it is usually no longer then primary method of progressing. It may take 10x as long to level to 61 for example, but you can. The developers simply intend for 'end game' to be based around level 60

This is more of a temporary cap until the next large update comes with more caves (Which will be in the next week or two)

Last edited:
Reactions: Violent

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

This is more of a temporary cap until the next large update comes with more caves (Which will be in the next week or two)

So it's a temporary hard cap then, as opposed to a genuine soft cap?

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

So it's a temporary hard cap then, as opposed to a genuine soft cap?

Well kind of - a bit of both really as the tables won't change, just the new monsters will give the EXP to compare with the new tables to ensure leveling is normalised

Gangsta

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 30, 2004

I've only ever replied to people with decency. Not being funny but it works both ways, I always try to treat my players with respect (Even if the toxic ones don't think so). But thats simply because they don't like every update, I mean You cant please everyone. When players are just sat there (I mean one or two players) demanding you do this and demanding you do that. Then accusing you of whatever, and slating the server. What are you supposed to do? Just let them continue being toxic and lets be honest completely pointlessly ranting in X chat? I've always asked people Post me the bugs or suggestions you find, we will look into them and implement if we feel it is something that is needed in the server.

I am commited to my server as I always have been. If players want to rage at me so be it, but I'll continue updating and working on the server because thats what I want to do.

Think of this situation

Two players demanding and whatever else for this and that to be done (They must feel they have 100% say in what happens with the server because they donate). Whereas the rest of the community doesn't want that and it doesn't look good in balance terms. What would you do in your shoes? You wouldn't do it would you?

So yeah everything scaled from something like the above ^ Then they were being completely toxic and throwing accusations in discord. So i banned them, as its a place for discussions on bugs, suggestions etc so that I have a clear idea of what needs looking at (So i have it all in one place) Not for constant spam and people raging because of this or that. Thats not fair. Not on the players trying to help with suggestions and not fair on the Updates/Other players as i have to continuously deal with the people raging in chat. So instead they were banned from the Discord let me make this clear, it was just the discord they were banned from. So then they decided to recall their paypal payments and wanted to continue to play. So they were then banned in-game until the issue was resolved (A note was left on their account to contact a admin) So instead they took to posting on here to try and make the server look bad. I mean is that not throwing the rattle out of the pram? Like i said i listen to everyones opinions but it doesn't always mean i will do everything every player in game says, because the server would get out of control then lets be honest.

---------- Post Merged at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Me and my m8 were the players who got banned so lets set a few things straight

Updates were getting chucked in with no test and it can be proven that you didn't test nothing because 1 evening a few players moaned about MagicResist and within 20mins of that being mentioned the server magically crashed and it took affect, this is what pissed me off from time to time you were quick enough to listen to certain players and not others.

Being completely toxic?? we were writing to you for 5-6 hours with no reply yet you were private messaging other players.

You've clearly got stuff to hide and are ashamed of how you handle things because you wouldn't of deleted 8 comments from your ******** post of my m8 speaking the truth, if its utter shite why not leave it on the post for people to make there own decision.

The thing that made me quit and I will repeat myself 1000x is the fact that there were 4-6 players from Themafia who were 52+ caining the exp because the exp tables were ruined and not even done correctly non of them mentioned this to you which in my eyes is bug exploiting. you have level 48-52s doing 15% an hour and level 53/54/55/56/57/58 doing exactly the same correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it meant to get harder.. you've only just implemented a soft cap once all this got bought up.

We never recalled our payments and wanted to continue so don't big yourself up we quit then recalled our payments, server has been a sham since day dot you took Affinty V1.0 down and waited a few months and released V2.0 without checking anything.

a few bugs still in game that are beyond a joke is the quests.... kill 10 mobs that gives 10k exp each and the quest gives you 10k what a load of crap that is and this is on 99% of the quests

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

Think of this situation

Me and my m8 were the players who got banned so lets set a few things straight

Updates were getting chucked in with no test and it can be proven that you didn't test nothing because 1 evening a few players moaned about MagicResist and within 20mins of that being mentioned the server magically crashed and it took affect, this is what pissed me off from time to time you were quick enough to listen to certain players and not others.

Being completely toxic?? we were writing to you for 5-6 hours with no reply yet you were private messaging other players.

You've clearly got stuff to hide and are ashamed of how you handle things because you wouldn't of deleted 8 comments from your ******** post of my m8 speaking the truth, if its utter shite why not leave it on the post for people to make there own decision.

The thing that made me quit and I will repeat myself 1000x is the fact that there were 4-6 players from Themafia who were 52+ caining the exp because the exp tables were ruined and not even done correctly non of them mentioned this to you which in my eyes is bug exploiting. you have level 48-52s doing 15% an hour and level 53/54/55/56/57/58 doing exactly the same correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it meant to get harder.. you've only just implemented a soft cap once all this got bought up.

We never recalled our payments and wanted to continue so don't big yourself up we quit then recalled our payments, server has been a sham since day dot you took Affinty V1.0 down and waited a few months and released V2.0 without checking anything.

a few bugs still in game that are beyond a joke is the quests.... kill 10 mobs that gives 10k exp each and the quest gives you 10k what a load of crap that is and this is on 99% of the quests

I actually said about that being a live test and it would slowly increase as I could change it ingame.

I replied to pms, and replied in discord chat once everything died down from peoples discussions as i always have. As I can't keep up with the 3 word lines and 8 lines to complete one sentence that you guys decide to do, why not put it all into one message instead of pressing enter every couple of words.

I haven't got anything to hide, I wasn't the one who did anything on ********, that was again Cybac. He banned you from the ******** page, didn't delete anything you were just removed from that page aswell.

Thats already been explained and that it wasnt tables at fault, don't keep going to a matter thats been resolved.

You recalled your payments, don't even try getting around that one I mean even in the earlier posts you were saying that you recalled your payments. We have the proof from paypal... And you've just said it yourself, if you decided to quit in the 5 minutes from when you were banned from discord to when you recalled payments and accounts banned then sure lets call that you quitting. Either way your accounts were locked due to recalling payments. As i clearly stated above.

Quests will be undergoing re-development once i had finished clearing up some cave changes for the lower levels. Otherwise they would just need changing again, its along my list of things to do for the next updates in the next couple of weeks.

"We never recalled our payments and wanted to continue so don't big yourself up we quit then recalled our payments" you never recalled your payments but wanted to play but you quit and recalled... Makes sense.

If you quit and didn't want to play, why are you still here?

Last edited:

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015

Shrooms give to much exp
Isles quests still bugged, cant get many rep points to start the 3k quests
Isles story line quest the sailor we killed needs reseting as cant finish quests, stu sorted this last server
Faction npc that gives quests is under another npc needs movin over
54+ kit needs to drop bit more with how gems break easy enough :p
Subs all through underbelly drop poo
Main boss in underbelly kathuun keeps rs'in when killin subs, ended up with 5 bosses there
Alpha tigers could do with a orange dot on map
Underbelly rowk 1 shots 2.5k hp
Isles caves, done loads lvling there only had 1 item from any of the mobs
Isles cash quests from sz, give 250k fold and seem long to do
Isles Asscendancy font for a quest says it needs activating but when click it wont do nothing
55+ instances would be good
Isles could do with a repair clothes npc
Isles quest to find iron, cant seem to do it, also one of the quests from the ent village says collect ingredients, 1 them ain't dropping

Gt- could do with stores, some the caves on it like ape cave n more dont work

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

Shrooms give to much exp
Isles quests still bugged, cant get many rep points to start the 3k quests
Isles story line quest the sailor we killed needs reseting as cant finish quests, stu sorted this last server
Faction npc that gives quests is under another npc needs movin over
54+ kit needs to drop bit more with how gems break easy enough :p
Subs all through underbelly drop poo
Main boss in underbelly kathuun keeps rs'in when killin subs, ended up with 5 bosses there
Alpha tigers could do with a orange dot on map
Underbelly rowk 1 shots 2.5k hp
Isles caves, done loads lvling there only had 1 item from any of the mobs
Isles cash quests from sz, give 250k fold and seem long to do
Isles Asscendancy font for a quest says it needs activating but when click it wont do nothing
55+ instances would be good
Isles could do with a repair clothes npc
Isles quest to find iron, cant seem to do it, also one of the quests from the ent village says collect ingredients, 1 them ain't dropping

Gt- could do with stores, some the caves on it like ape cave n more dont work

Noted and will look into it for evaluation for the next update

Thankyou for the feedback