Alcoholic Drinks

Join Discord

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
I've had a couple of shots of proper absinth a few years back, cost over 100 quid a bottle.

Potent stuff but not enough to kill you :p

And the hallucination is bull**** imo, i felt strange but then i'd expect that from the strength of the stuff.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Hallucination? Never had that happen to me off it. We bought a bottle in Greece for 132 euros. So about £100. Wasn't even a big bottle either. ><

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
i halusinated when i touched it, but tht was after a **** load of other cans and spirits so i think it all just concoted some weird ass **** inside me lol

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Nothing has ever made me hallucinate in my life and I've took quite alot of rubbish, don't think I'd like it either tbh.

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
Cheeky Vimto probs a fav of mine i norm get pitchers its 4 bottles of vk blue and 4 shots of port and because it tastes like vimto you just keep drinking it.

Whats that stuff you can buy in barracuda its like 80% they dont sell it anymore was a few years back in a little shot bottle

Worst ive had was something stupid like 90 summat % a polish friend from work brewed it.

And has anyone every had ganjarum? Now that will make u hallucinate

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Cheeky vimto is disgusting. Doesn't take like vimto at all imo.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Steve, if you wanna insult me, at least spell my name with a capital. Have some manners.

Vannaroth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2004
London/Aberystwyth
I smell summat, oh yes its call bull****.

I'm sorry Farphit, but thats bull.

If you did try Absynthe, then you can tell me exactly what happened. Cause I'll tell you this now, your alive and walking.

It is apart from the UK version fo Absynthe, I think but can't remember its around 40%-50%. But tesco don't sell it anymore, or didn't do last time I was in there.

Uhh, I've had absynthe straight. The illegal 80% stuff, I mean. A mate brought it back from Malta or somewhere in a Powerade bottle, and kept the original one as a souvenir. I only had it in half shots at a time, granted, but it can be done if you want to get utterly fu‪cked.

Last edited:

mapadale

seriously, why wld i lie about it? it was a clear absynth which i drank when i was 17. was at a m8s house and she found it in the cubboard. i had about 2 swigs out of it and was just too harsh to drink anymore. like i said, it tasted like pure wood spirit. not something id try again in a hurry.

the absynth sold nowadays is nothing compared to that.
Then uve not had Abs, cause abs has always been green and always will be. Its the plant that is used that gives it its colour.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Did you all no that True absinthe is gold not green and it was 95% the green one is just a weaker version if you no where to go you can buy gold absinthe how ever its like £180 a bottle only 750ml

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Did you all no that True absinthe is gold not green and it was 95% the green one is just a weaker version if you no where to go you can buy gold absinthe how ever its like £180 a bottle only 750ml

It's green...

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
A supposedly narcotic spirit which originated in the 17th century and became popular during the turn of the century in Europe and further popularized by famous artists and writers.

Absinthe has an opaque green color with a licorice aroma and a high alcohol content, typically containing anise, artemesia pontica, melissa, fennel, hyssop and lemonbalm; some immitation absinthes contain the original controversial ingredient wormwood, which contains the neurotoxin thujone.

Immitation absinthes, despite manufacturers claims, have only a general similarity with absinthes drank a century ago. The historically romanticized drink was Pernod Fils, a French Absinthe, which contained wormwood, and the exact recipe of which was never known. However, in 2004 It was painstakingly resurrected by microbiologist Ted Breaux, who owned two original bottles, and formed a private company selling limited batches of the real thing.
"After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world."
- Oscar Wilde

Thanks Oscar!

mapadale

A supposedly narcotic spirit which originated in the 17th century and became popular during the turn of the century in Europe and further popularized by famous artists and writers.

Absinthe has an opaque green color with a licorice aroma and a high alcohol content, typically containing anise, artemesia pontica, melissa, fennel, hyssop and lemonbalm; some immitation absinthes contain the original controversial ingredient wormwood, which contains the neurotoxin thujone.

Immitation absinthes, despite manufacturers claims, have only a general similarity with absinthes drank a century ago. The historically romanticized drink was Pernod Fils, a French Absinthe, which contained wormwood, and the exact recipe of which was never known. However, in 2004 It was painstakingly resurrected by microbiologist Ted Breaux, who owned two original bottles, and formed a private company selling limited batches of the real thing.
"After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world."
- Oscar Wilde

Thanks Oscar!
Thank you Prai.

So those of you that say you've had a clear or gold one are so full of s**t, its not Abs and never has been Abs.

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
just googled everclear and it sounds lethal haha, 95% :O lmao, i highly doubt il come across that in the uk :P

Its illegal in some states here in the US. Tastes like rubbing alcohol. 95% is pretty bad, lol. It clearly says on the bottle that your not suppose to do shots of it, just mix it with non-alcoholic drinks...I didn't listen.

Zero

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2008
Hmmmm GREEN FAIRY, no I wonder why its been called that if its ture absinthe is gold.

Absinthe is traditionally a distilled, highly alcoholic (45%-75% ABV), anise-flavored spirit derived from herbs, including the flowers and leaves of the herb Artemisia absinthium, also called "wormwood". Absinthe is typically of a natural green color but is also produced in both clear and artificially colored styles. It is often called "the Green Fairy".

The first clear evidence of absinthe in the modern sense of a distilled spirit containing green anise and fennel, however, dates to the 18th century. According to legend, absinthe began as an all-purpose patent remedy created by Dr. Pierre Ordinaire, a French doctor living in Couvet, Switzerland, around 1792 (the exact date varies by account).