amd 4000+ or amd3800+

Davyv

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2004
South Wales
basically which shuld i get, the 3800+ is dual core, but the perfformance rating is less than the 4000+, but if its a dual core wuldnt it b quite faster? wa u rekon

RightGuard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2005
Also, what will you be doing mainly?

I game a lot, but I also have a lot running in the background.. and I never close anything, I ended up getting the 4800+ dual core (best one on market atm). But the 4000+ single core would have actually performed better in BF2, and it's a hella cheaper, and not even the best in it's class.

But dual core is brilliant, I can open ANY game and not have to worry about my background tasks, being able to affiliate my two cores to different applications is also another awesome feature.

You've got to balance the pros and con, and make a decision based on what you do the most.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
basicly, do u run more then one task at a time, (big tasks) or would u stop loads things to play a game normaly? if you would like to do quite afew things at once, im guessing the dual core? (correct me if im wrong) but if u want just the speed in one place for the amd4000+?

plus the 4800+ dual core is abit extreme aint it? :P much that set u bk? cos you'll be pissed soon when a better one comes out, 3 cores or somet lol. then yours is ''crap'' :P

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Dual core is the future and it's already showing it's strength now in games over single core processors.

If you can afford dual core, there is NO reason to go single core. Hell, if you got a nvidia card their drivers are multithreaded which means game ownage.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
RightGuard said:
£564.33

And i'd do it again.
My god that cost you more than my whole new PC.

Pebble

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 25, 2005
Essex, England
Gimpasaurus said:
My god that cost you more than my whole new PC.

Ditto.
spacer.gif

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
can i ask, do you make money from having ur computer, is it business used or?
cos thats alot for somet to play games on, hell get a x-box 360, much cheaper and has 3 PROCESSORS :P all running at 3.2ghz? somet like that,

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Tofas said:
cos thats alot for somet to play games on, hell get a x-box 360, much cheaper and has 3 PROCESSORS :P all running at 3.2ghz? somet like that,
I hate consoles.

A decent PC can be used very easily to make money, just have to be creative :).

RightGuard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tofas said:

The previous pc made me over £6,000 to start with, and is still making money... I guess it's only fair to treat it to an awesome upgrade.

EDIT: I prefer computers to consoles, If I got really desperate because I wanted a bigger picture or w/e, I can just hook it up to my HDTV plasma screen. But I despise gamepads, mouse + keys for the win.

Last edited:

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
lol, well all i wanted to know, if ur making cash from it, why not go all out on it hey :D

p.s gimpasaurus i wasnt asking how, or any tips :P i do know you can but i do know people dont, and just use for gaming which i found £1,488 was extravegant for just gaming, which alot cheaper pc's can handle the games which are out at this time and will still be able to play the not so far future ones.

Last edited:

Davyv

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2004
South Wales
i would multi task alot, but when i mean that i mean like msn running in background, playing cs;s and may b having a few p2p progs downloading various crap, but i dont know if a 4000+ could do that anyway, and u say there is a big price difference, looking on komplett.co.uk the 4000+ is 240quid, and the 3800+ is 235quid.:(

Davyv

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2004
South Wales
well their basically same price, both dual core, but one is down .2ghz, but has 2mb l2 cache, so which? lol.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
well, if u like to do those things already, and u do them, then what u using now? cos if u do it now succesfully, obviously anything better than that will cope with it, id like the dual core myself. although being in the amd 4000+'s would be nice lol, when u getting it? after crimbo or befor? lol cos price can change alot. might be able go 4000+dual core

Davyv

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2004
South Wales
my specs right now r very crap, thats why im gunna treat myself with sumthin rly gd lol. this is my current pc;

as u see its not good at all, bout 5/6yrs old, all ive done is added 256mb ram lol. atm it actually manages to run cs;s as long as nothing else is running, when i got cs;s about a month ago, i could actually see through boxes and windows on cs from say a few feet away lol, now theyve fixed it :(
it takes like 4mins to load cs;s aswell lol, no joke.
im going to be buying all components, or a few at a time, after xmas.
im hoping to get sumthin like a amd 3800+, may b a 10000rpm 74gb hard drive, 256mb graph card, gig ram, ect

Last edited: