Building computer

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

spence

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 30, 2004
just buy a simple K7 FSB400 AMF athlon motherboard stick of 512+ Ram 2.0 ghz + process0r
and just ne hard drive ull have a nice pc to play ne games but u wil ned some 1 to tell u a gd graphics card to get and persoanlly i wud hunt ebay if your looking for cheap cheap parts ;)

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
btw additional thing you would need is an ESD kit, as you could probably be oblivious to the damage static electricity just from walking across carpet can cause to the components, so make sure you invest in an anti-static wristband, or and ESD kit when your building your pc :)

~Obliviator~

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2005
Gangsters Paradise
what wud happen if i dint hav these. I already built one and dint hav these i fink. ??? so what wud happen?
kud125 said:
btw additional thing you would need is an ESD kit, as you could probably be oblivious to the damage static electricity just from walking across carpet can cause to the components, so make sure you invest in an anti-static wristband, or and ESD kit when your building your pc :)

spence

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 30, 2004
your pc cud blow up or u cud get a nd anti surge extention lead from argoss 20 quid :P erm Amd athlon mOFO BOOARD COST BE BOUT 40 POUNDS ERM RAM EBAY FROM 20-50 POUNDS caps sux >.< erm cheap cheap probly bout 300 pound u cud make a gd enough pc

Pebble

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 25, 2005
Essex, England
How much you thinking of paying?

With Keyboard and Mouse?

What are you going to use it for?

0 post count for urban, 1 for pebble :P.

(can 13 year olds build computers? :P)

~Obliviator~

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2005
Gangsters Paradise
erm im not sure how much lets just see how much it comes too lol. and btw im not 13. Yes with a keyboard and mouse, microsoft or logitech. im goin to use for basic stuff, and sum games and then eventually ill prob put t.v through it

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
spence said:
your pc cud blow up or u cud get a nd anti surge extention lead

No ESD (Electro Static Discharge) will not cause your pc to blow up. How ever if you do not have an ESD wrist band or simillar you run the risk of damaging components when you handle them. Best to be safe than sorry.

You cant just rush into building a PC first you have to think:

• What is it for?
  • What peripheral devices do you intend to use (i.e how many USB connections you are going to need etc)
  • Are you bothered about what case it will be in (If not you can buy the case to fit the mobo instead of vice versa) etc
There is a lot to think about, you dont just go an buy components without any consideration whether they are compatible or will fit. So your making it hard for anyone to give advice when your being so vague.

~Obliviator~

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2005
Gangsters Paradise
any help me find a nice tower :D please. then can u help me fill it wid parts lol. i dno wearther to get one of them cube barebone tower thingys. what u all think?

Davyv

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2004
South Wales
i know this is ur post, but yer goes..
im looking to spend about say 470quid on a pc,
dont need monitor or mouse keyboard ect lol,
just the rest.
i will be using the pc for games mainly, and looking to
out do my other m8s pcs lol.
the amd athlon 3500+ sounds gd n my m8 has a
amd athlon 1.8 and apparantly his is uber lol :P.
urban helped me out a bit and recommended this:

but it was quite late so i want to be really sure all this
is the right stuff to get, just want to double check
coz im gunna buy this lot in bout 1-3weeks i hope lol

btw it is 470 with the 12quid delivery

Last edited:

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
athlon 3200 512ram 160gighd with ati saphire 9600 cost me like 280 to build. pc is good as well.

~Obliviator~

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2005
Gangsters Paradise
kk ill include the screen in later. I just need to find a nice lookin tower then the parts to go in. around 250 - 300 pound for that. then ill add screen on. so if you can help me out u wud b much appreciated. Thx

Last edited:

~Obliviator~

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2005
Gangsters Paradise
kk ill include the screen in later. I just need to find a nice lookin tower then the parts to go in. around 250 - 300 pound for that. then ill add screen on. so if you can help me out u wud b much appreciated. Thx.

edit: any 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.