Building computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
@stone. yeah the sempron is the amds next version of celeron. its known as the 'simple' processor. cut out all the crap athlon has. when i heard it was celeron equivilent it didnt fill me with much confidence. but it hasnt let me down so far.

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
Farril said:
@stone. yeah the sempron is the amds next version of celeron. its known as the 'simple' processor. cut out all the crap athlon has. when i heard it was celeron equivilent it didnt fill me with much confidence. but it hasnt let me down so far.

Nice one.

And obliv Urban lives in the USA, he's 5 hours behind, so say its 1pm there. He works and im sure he has more important things to do than come on here.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
we arnt mind readers. just wait till he does.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Obliv post SS's of all the tabs of CPU-Z.

For the cost of what you want to spend, you CAN get a descent PC. However, don't expect upgradibility to anything that's not already outdated in the sense of "last hardware generation".

Stonehelm said:
Nice one.

And obliv Urban lives in the USA, he's 5 hours behind, so say its 1pm there. He works and im sure he has more important things to do than come on here.

8 hours, I'm west coast, and then add school and work and everything else. :cray:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
why not just wait untill you have abit more money?

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
ye his £1 a week from his gran wnt be able to stretch that far farril.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
maybe hes got better things to do than look for parts. people have already helped you. now stop spamming with "help me still urban"

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
~Obliviator~ said:
wud that be a good comp (cheap)

I'm going to pretend i didn't hear that.

No, wait, i can't. Maybe you fail to comprehend. This PC is LOWEST possible system that meets your specs. You asked for something usable, here it is. You wanted upgradability, each component here can be replaced with one of the next-generation ones.

I mean, ****, it's got a SLI *PRO* chipset.

If you can't afford this, change your spec.

--

To LomCN users in general: Don't think you get a 'MEGA1337-PWNEDIRLTBH' computer without parting with some money.

Can't afford it? Tough ****, get a job.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
*awaits for more stupid questions from obliviator*

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
The only thing I would change is probably the mobo+ram. If you really think you'll be getting SLI in the future (nice hefty $$) then keep it. However, if you don't think you'll be going the dual GFX then I recommend this motherboard: http://komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=307851&cks=PRL

It has onboard GFX also if you want to cut out the PCI-E. The only game I've played with it was WOW and if I remember correctly it did 800x600/1024x768? low-medium settings.

Also, I would definitely make sure you got at least 512 of ram unless you plan to do mini upgrades to the system every 3-4 weeks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My advice to you is to either go with Auron's config or if you can get more money wait . Stuff like 2x the HDD space etc is only a little away.

Status
Not open for further replies.