[C# Files] Apocalypse Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
Tbh i wouldnt play a server where spells are handed out on a plate, for me part of the enjoyment is boss hunting for books.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Just make sure you wont make us afk lvl spells and i will be happy. Can we at least get that? Or afk spawnning skeles to guards is considered working for it? Tired of trying to point out the obvious.

Have to agree with this lol.

I just don't want to see skill points in the thousands, it's such an off put. I don't mind a bit, or if 1000 is for a Lv3 skill, but not....5000, 6000, 10000.

My love for skill leveling was shattered since Euro days lol....Spent months leveling Thrusting as a Warrior for example...Never again. Skill leveling is a big class decider for me, if i'm honest lol.

I will kiss some serious arse to avoid having to level skills for more than an hour each time a level up is available, that's for ANY skill. I don't want to have to leave my skill casting for a few hours or over night just to get it out the way. I want the MOST amount of time to level a skill, is 60 minutes, and thats for the highest skill in game. Everything before that, should take me less time.

Skele/Shinsu, TBolt, FireWall, MagicShield, Slaying/Thrusting/HMoon for example I want to see taking me 10-20 mins tops lol. If i'm honest even 20 mins is pushing it lol! But i'm trying to be fair! I absolutely despise it! If you make me do this, I will take back any good things I said about your team :D

Last edited:

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Any more news?

Quite a few people waiting for this ;)

Hi,

Yeah we are getting closer daily.

We discussed an ETA last night and once our website is ready (being constructed as we speak) it will have a countdown on it.

-Apocalypse Team

reckoning

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 15, 2014
How long we talking ? Weeks ... Months ? I actuly can't wait I loved playing the c files and this is clearly going to be professional compared to the others :D

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Weeks... There will be a Date to come soon!

-Apocalypse Team

sarafino

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2012
I'm a touch behind on the spells debate that was occurring, I'm partially in agreement with both sides.

Spells such as TDB, FD etc etc should not be rare, no one wants to hunt without tdb as a warrior, it's tedious after all these years. Other spells, FF, Curse, rage and newer spells should be rareish in my opinion, not to the point that the game becomes almost pointless without said spells. But some spells do definitely need to be rare and hunted for,

I am massively in agreement about leveling spells though, most boring thing ever done by anybody. We've all done it once to an extreme scale (Euro), and then many times since to slightly lesser extents. No one wants to spend hours leveling spells, be it overnight or actually at the keyboard. As someone mentioned above, at the most for top tier spells 1000 is just about acceptable for me at least. I didn't see a response on this, are you planning on implementing spells with low targets to level them or in a similar fashion to euro other tedious low rates :P

Spell leveling may be the most off putting thing for me rather than the grind to level or grind for items, that is necessary regardless of rate, it just doesn't seem so bad.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
TDB/FD/Hallu/Entrap etc will all be common.

FF/Curse/Rage will be more rare than the above,

The newest spells we added ourselves will be Rare.

In terms of spells levelling, we have an idea how we are going to do it, but there will be in-game items that will improve the rate at which you level up your spells. I agree, 10,000 on a spell is crazy. Saying that it will not be 100 either. We have made it achievable quickly, but not instant.

-Apocalypse Team

Aldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
I've just quickly scanned through this topic and agree with those saying spells should not be rare if they drastically alter the balance of a class in PvE or PvP or drastically changes how the class is played. I do expect devs to balance each class as best they can but if necessary I will play an underpowered class, and I'd gladly play an under-geared character. I will not however play a class that is not fun to play, if I'm not pressing buttons to maintain buffs and use active attack spells I'll soon get bored... We have programmable buttons on mice, keyboards and gamepads nowadays so let us use those 16 keybindings!

On the subject of leveling skills I love to grind so would be happy to spend months leveling a skill to level 3 (through normal gameplay) if I had to but I do agree that you should not force or even allow players to AFK overnight.

I was sure people came to play mir still because they really enjoyed the way it was set up? I know for sure that's why I returned, I was fed up of playing WoW/LoL, where everyone has the same gear as you within one week.

No one can argue that we all keep returning to Mir because there is no other MMO out there like it, but I also think it would be insane not to take any lessons from those other games. There are so many features in the countless MMOs I've played that would IMO enhance the Mir experience a ton without changing the fundamentals of what Mir is about.

I do have 3 quick-ish questions that I've not seen asked yet:

1) Balance has been mentioned a lot and I'm sure in all cases in reference to PvP, which is understandable. However, what are your thoughts on any sort of balance to leveling speeds of each class? It frustrates me that Mir players accept the drastic difference in leveling rates just because there's been a 14 year injustice of allowing Wizards that much of an advantage :P

2) Group leveling was always encouraged in Mir 3 through HP/MP bonuses and little penalty to exp gain. Mir 2 has always forced me to level solo. Last I checked the "other C# server" had no group size limit and no incremental penalty to exp gain after 2 players. What are your plans, if any?

3) GameShop: Any thoughts on this yet that you're willing to share?

I've waffled enough; I'm liking the look of the little we've been shown so far and am looking forward to the release!

Last edited:

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
I do have 3 quick-ish questions that I've not seen asked yet:

1) Balance have been mentioned a lot and I'm sure in all cases in reference to PvP, which is understandable. However, what are your thoughts on any sort of balance to leveling speeds of each class? It frustrates me that Mir players accept the drastic difference in leveling rates just because there's been a 14 year injustice of allowing Wizards that much of an advantage :P

2) Group leveling was always encouraged in Mir 3 through HP/MP bonuses and little penalty to exp gain. Mir 2 has always forced me to level solo. Last I checked the "other C# server" had no group size limit and no incremental penalty to exp gain after 2 players. What are your plans, if any?

3) GameShop: Any thoughts on this yet that you're willing to share?

I've waffled enough; I'm liking the look of the little we've been shown so far and am looking forward to the release!

Hi,
Thanks for the interest, in response to the above questions....

1) I think each class have their perks in terms of levelling, Wizards do and will have the most AOE power, so will naturally kill more mobs per second, but the range of new caves we have added offer higher end single kill mobs a viable competitive levelling speed vs a wizard mass killing in busier less "painful" locations. I would imagine that wizards (End Game) Will have the slight advantage, but I think time levelling > class on Apocalypse.

2) There will be group rewards. It's not going to be the system previously used in the C# Files. We feel that this could be massively abused and don't want the levelling to be overly easy. With the amount of exploration of new content, we encourage groups so the higher end content can be accessed.

3) In terms of GameShop. We have not discussed this as of yet. But when we do, it will be nothing game changing. Examples: Mounts, Exp potions, etc. I have a couple of new ideas, but I don't want to release before the servers live! (You know how it is, good ideas get pinched pretty quickly!)

Please guys, feel welcome to ask questions. I will always respond the best I can.

There will be a small update coming this week at some point (most likely the weekend).

-Apocalypse Team

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
You guys any closer to getting the damage indercater working to see player/mob damage

be nice if colour could change after certain damage

looking promising though good job!

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Hi,

1) I think each class have their perks in terms of levelling, Wizards do and will have the most AOE power, so will naturally kill more mobs per second, but the range of new caves we have added offer higher end single kill mobs a viable competitive levelling speed vs a wizard mass killing in busier less "painful" locations. I would imagine that wizards (End Game) Will have the slight advantage, but I think time levelling > class on Apocalypse.

-Apocalypse Team

What you say here sounds as always very nice in theory. I hope for once someone will have the balls to make a cave sort of like PB where mobs give for example 75000exp while a mass killing place like PT gives 5000exp so that classes lvl with same ish ratio.

In general i would want to see for once (after ben's servers) classes not to have too distinct roles:
1) Taos being able to hunt alone when their m8s not on without HAVING TO GROUP for everything. They already have enough spells to support a group or guild hunt but thats not an excuse to not be able to do anything else. This is not LoL where you can make taos be soraka bots.
2) All classes able to lvl up at same ish speed. Wizards already going to lvl faster than anyone else because of all their aoe spells. Wont suggest give rest classes aoe spells cause thats not going to happen. Make gaves tho like the one suggested above to give single killing classes a chance. There is nothing worst for me but to have to ask/beg guild wizards to lvl me.
3) All classes should be able to solo-hunt certain subbosses/bosses. Assasins/taos will always be able to kill these faster/easier but that doesnt mean wizards will only be good at leveling and thats it. If a war/sin/tao can solo certain bdd bosses for example so should a wiz.
4) All classes should be able to hold on their own vs any other class on pvp. Wont say much about this. Just dont want to see assasins lose hands down vs any warrior or for example archers to just lose from wizards.

In general all classes must be able to do everything equally good. Yes some classes will exceed at specific aspects of the game but thats not the same as having wizards lvling 3x the speed of any other class.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
You guys any closer to getting the damage indercater working to see player/mob damage

be nice if colour could change after certain damage

looking promising though good job!

We have not got this in yet, it is on the list. I know colour change was a mir 3 feature, not sure if we will do that yet, will have to test and see what it looks like.

What you say here sounds as always very nice in theory. I hope for once someone will have the balls to make a cave sort of like PB where mobs give for example 75000exp while a mass killing place like PT gives 5000exp so that classes lvl with same ish ratio.

In general i would want to see for once (after ben's servers) classes not to have too distinct roles:
1) Taos being able to hunt alone when their m8s not on without HAVING TO GROUP for everything. They already have enough spells to support a group or guild hunt but thats not an excuse to not be able to do anything else. This is not LoL where you can make taos be soraka bots.
2) All classes able to lvl up at same ish speed. Wizards already going to lvl faster than anyone else because of all their aoe spells. Wont suggest give rest classes aoe spells cause thats not going to happen. Make gaves tho like the one suggested above to give single killing classes a chance. There is nothing worst for me but to have to ask/beg guild wizards to lvl me.
3) All classes should be able to solo-hunt certain subbosses/bosses. Assasins/taos will always be able to kill these faster/easier but that doesnt mean wizards will only be good at leveling and thats it. If a war/sin/tao can solo certain bdd bosses for example so should a wiz.
4) All classes should be able to hold on their own vs any other class on pvp. Wont say much about this. Just dont want to see assasins lose hands down vs any warrior or for example archers to just lose from wizards.

In general all classes must be able to do everything equally good. Yes some classes will exceed at specific aspects of the game but thats not the same as having wizards lvling 3x the speed of any other class.

1) Taos will have more solo levelling potential than normal low rate taos. Having said that, it is defiantly a draw back I don't mind on a tao. It promotes group hunting and also as the Taos on Apocalypse are more powerful than normal Taos, we feel that it should be slightly harder to level than other classes, this will be completely balanced out further into the game when a good Tao will be soloing bosses and 1v1 pk very easily (providing the player is good).

2)As mentioned in my previous reply, there is so much new content, that the single hitter will have the same potential as the AOE levellers. Obviously when the game gets towards the end levels, the AOE classes will level slightly faster. But that's something we are happy with.

3) Every class will be able to solo certain bosses. Its just about finding out which ones each class can, and which one each class cannot. Normally this depends on maps, other mobs and power of each boss.

4) This has always been the way on mir low rates, any class can win, its simply the player. Im a true believer of the player beats the character. I have played vs excellent players of all classes, and poor players of each class. Don't blame the game! (obviously certain classes will have bigger damage than others, but if you don't let them catch you, you cant die ;). The sin Vs Warrior debate is not something you need to worry about. We have not made our sins the same as other current servers.

Hope this helps

-Apocalypse Team

LordOfWar1

Known Cheater
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 5, 2014
I'm in

just make pots drop in leveling areas please....so I don't need to farm gold just to supply pot buying to level

kickey

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
I'm in

just make pots drop in leveling areas please....so I don't need to farm gold just to supply pot buying to level

No cheats this time buddy :)

Best of luck with server men.

Will give it ago :eagerness:

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Places we encourage loads of levelling, have a good amount of pot drops.

-Apocalypse Team

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

Totally agree with this.

Its total ****ing bullshit that one class can solo a boss and another cant

Bosses are either soloable or group. Not in the middle. if one class can solo, they all should be able too.

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
Totally agree with this.

Its total ****ing bullshit that one class can solo a boss and another cant

Bosses are either soloable or group. Not in the middle. if one class can solo, they all should be able too.

At at least make sense man...
so a warrior with 1-2 aspeed should be able to kill the same things as an assassin with 8 aspeed??
i think not.

every class has it's pros and cons... You can't make them all alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.