Client Preview

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
YKW Client Preview

Below is a preview video showing some of the current development in the client and server. Enjoy :)

YKWUni Client Preview
¹

Alpha Build 20051109-13

Elements shown in video
  • Character creation²
  • Mounting of items
  • Interaction with an NPC
  • Melee attacks
  • Magical attacks
  • Item hovering text³
  • Button hovering text
  • Newer magical attacks.

Screenshots can be found here.

While it does appear rather close to being completed, appearances are quite deceiving when you generally do not understand how they come to be. Building a client and the server technology is extremely labouring. There are still considerable amounts of work that need to be finished before the software is remotely ready for any proper testing. Remember this when posting.

¹ The client seen in this video has been built from scratch by YouKnowWho. It is unreleased, and currently in extreme alpha testing. It is not open for public testing, and none of the technology seen will work with any private servers, and has been designed specifically for use with only its counterparts.
² The recording program that I used to create the video did not record the text input. It does work properly.
³ When creating the video I blended together two different videos in the same location, causing a "fading" effect on the Character Equipment window. The window does not act in such a way normally.

Last edited:

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Looks to be coming along very well. Only one or two things 'wrong' I can see. Running speed seems a little fast, and when you use magic on a mob it doesn't display the rev bar like with a Melee attack. Apart from that, very good work :D

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Very good, nd i love the running speed, ETA? if you have 1 ? and will it be released for public or be made for your own server if you make 1?

Personally i say keep for yourself at least till your server is dead then release :)

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
I think the point of the project is to create a set of server files and a client that mimics Korean MiR to the closest possible degree of accuracy. I don't think they are working on adding anything 'new' so to speak. But then again, all the stuff that they are coding is 'new' to private servers :)

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
Looks all amazing, just hope you make a server of this. Would bring loads back to private servers and bring the old days back :d.

P.s whats the tune in the video :P.

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Very nice Eric, seems to be alot better than when i tested it ages ago. Well done Eric + YKW ^^.

/Miles

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Nice one.

All looking good. Also people stop asking ETA, Release or not etc. In sure we will all her their descision, wether it be release, make a server, delete them lol.

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
CraiG^ said:
Very good, nd i love the running speed, ETA? if you have 1 ? and will it be released for public or be made for your own server if you make 1?

Personally i say keep for yourself at least till your server is dead then release :)
Shard said:
Looks to be coming along very well. Only one or two things 'wrong' I can see. Running speed seems a little fast, and when you use magic on a mob it doesn't display the rev bar like with a Melee attack. Apart from that, very good work :D
PorkChop said:
wow why do u look faster then ultima41 lol?

The running speed is indeed set a bit high. Honestly, there isn't much a reason to tweak it back down at the moment -- If anything it is useful for testing different elements that exist near each other.

I don't do "ETA's". There is little point to put a time limit on a project that is worked on during our spare time. We have jobs, classes, and lives to attend to, none of which takes a back burner to this project.

As to the Yawn poster, I don't even think your post deserves a response past this. Nothing personal, I just find your lack of any attempt to understand what you watched a bit.. lame.
>DMX< said:
P.s whats the tune in the video :P.

Chris Brown feat. Juelz Santana - Run It (Remix).

Last edited:

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Mir would be cool, with cars.. lol soz thought just jumped into my head :p

I'll race you for a DSlayer! Ferrari WINS! :D

anyway, imo keep running speed the same always thought it was slow in normal mir

CrazyFox

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2005
Does Cloneing work and HolyDeva because i dint see any of them in the Vidio =/.