Coming soon: Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
For those of you who are not torrent/ftp inclined (or just want a direct link) I thought it would be helpful to upload some stuff pertaining to PC help.

What this is: A place to come and download software to turn an unpartioned computer into a functional one: Windows XP, Office, etc and useful programs.

What this is not: A games/media pub. I simply do not have the space nor the patience to upload a bunch of games/movies/shows. BUT, I will upload some* and change it every 2 weeks or so. Maybe one game, a movie, a show series etc. This is not a place to get the latest screeners or games, just someplace to download some of my favorite things if interested.

I should have everything up by thursday. Feel free to request anything you think would be useful.

NOTE: These are PRIVATE links. They are for LOMCN ONLY. Please do not give them out. Thankyou.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
nice one Urban, should be very useful, but cant really see some of the retards on here keeping the links to themselves.

Speckle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2005
same ere this will be really usefull for me thankx urban :D

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
i have a request to put on there if i can get a backup of my disc

it's a bootable dvd of most wingows vertions from 95-2003 data center all working with cd-keys

it also has other utils like nero burning rom smart ftp and vairous other stuff

any use?

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Anon said:
i have a request to put on there if i can get a backup of my disc

it's a bootable dvd of most wingows vertions from 95-2003 data center all working with cd-keys

it also has other utils like nero burning rom smart ftp and vairous other stuff

any use?

I'm not aware of that particular one, but basic operating systems like XP/2003 and programs like nero/ftp/etc will be up individually.

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Make the files require the referer to be from lomcn, that will keep the files here?

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
you can use php's variables...
referer... $_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]
ip... $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']

you can also use apache's rewrite rules (nightmares to me)

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
urbanfox said:
You mean like the request would have to be from a link on lomcn? How would I do that.

http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess14.shtml
http://diveintomark.org/archives/20...pybots_and_tell_unwanted_robots_to_go_to_hell (best method)

Id imagine a PHP script with referrer blocking will show the actual location of the file once its started downloading, thus defeating the purpose of the check.

Kaori's ideas best. Use an htaccess file to block everyone, but allow people from LOMCN. Of course the problem arises with ISP's and browsers which block the referrer tag (AOL do it I think).

/Leo

Last edited:

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Btw urban, did u upload tht program for me m8?? its ok if you didnt, because i understand that you have your own life and you dont need me bothering you etc hehe :) Just wondering, because it would be really helpful, Thanks again urban :)

P.S. Sorry if this is abit off topic :(

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Thanks mate :) now downloading hehe. 28kb/sec on 2mb :O :S
Nm, i can wait an hour or so for it to download :)

Ty again :D

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
28 kb/s :(

I hope they fix it soon -.-

We are currently experiencing multiple hardware failures with the storage server on which your domain resides. Your website may not load or be inaccessible. We have switched over to backup storage. Your site may be out of date by 24 hours or so, and may run perform a little slower than usual.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
urbanfox said:
28 kb/s :(

I hope they fix it soon -.-

Argh oki, thanks for info :) Its ok though, i dont mind waiting a while for the download, i am just greatful that you provided me with the download :) ty agin :ppunk:

Speckle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2005
what are you downlaoding? i want a link to the latest Nero any 1 got?

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
checking referer is not the best actually... like firefox doesn't send referer with files, only to html contents.

there are several things you can do...

create dynamic links (like my mirror sites in my siggy)
create an image with letters and numbers forcing people to type that first
some sort of authentications that works for short period of time

you won't understand how much bandwidth I lost due to people linking my official mir files... 40Gs in a few hours... and that's why I am improving my scripts in my mirror sites... let me know if you need scripts like that...

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Speckle said:
what are you downlaoding? i want a link to the latest Nero any 1 got?

Thats what i am downloading, well i duno if its the lates nero, but coz its of urban i think it is :) hehe.

I aint going to post the link yet just in case he doesnt want anyone else to have it. Ill msg him and ask if i can post link if you want though.

Status
Not open for further replies.