=<DarkRealm 2.3 (High Rate Server)>=

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
the step lag is just something in setup, i was 1st to fix it and ive told a few server owners about it, and lapta copied it off OS when files got leaked which is where pop prob got it lol

ne server i go on i norm tell the host how to fix it... so its exactly same as ne other server

the only thing i got from lapta was his item database when i first statrted.
I started with a basic set of orlando files and i no longer use his database.
I used his databse as a refernce in my learning curve.
nothing else is remnotly similar to revenge.
As for the lagg ben..i think its funny how you think you fixed this.
I spent week tweaking and adjusting the server files to get 0 lagg.Not even a spike now and again.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
weeks? took me 10mins of lookin thro setup to see that its obvious that the intervals is wot causes lag lol, shame u wasted all that time then aint it.

server prob gets 0 lag from 0 players :rolleyes:

Leng

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2009
LoL I think "OldSkool" should be renamed "JuniorSkool" because some of the people associated seem to want to behave like juveniles " mines better than yours " and " I'm cleverer than you ".

Somebody feel like they need to build themselves up or summit?

OldSkool is a good server and Dark Realm is a good server, they both very different in nature and appeal to different people. I have no idea why server owners feel the need to diss each others servers unless they feel threatened in some way, surely it's up to the players to decide which server they prefer.

Player numbers dropped on Dark Realm when Paul levelled out the classes to make the game balanced and when USA was launched. Many players are returning and a few new faces are appearing, It has not got a massive player base, but has good potential as it is very well run.

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
weeks? took me 10mins of lookin thro setup to see that its obvious that the intervals is wot causes lag lol, shame u wasted all that time then aint it.

server prob gets 0 lag from 0 players :rolleyes:

No ben.Nothing that works in the end is never a waste of time.
If you did in in 1 minuits go you "woot woot".
I had real problems with lagg and the dedi i was using so it took me a bit longer.
but deffo never a waste of time.

The lack of players remark is childish lol.
We have plenty of players thank you.Lots of your OldSkool buddies play now.

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
pob all the caves are same as MR and in the same places :) uve jst added more caves to make it luk lyk ur own work... much love and peace out xx

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Must admit, when i played, a noob asked me if this was MR. My reply was no, as i have never played MR but he told me that all the caves on the list, mob names and appearences and also items was exactly the same as MR.

Obv the newer stuff added wasnt MR.

Was a good server at first, i enjoyed it. but then it became donation happy, donations got everything where as normal players had it stupidly difficult, and I refused to pay £10 a month, when I can pay £8 a month for WoW.

Give it a try, not a bad server and might be just what your looking for and you mighty enjoy it. But please, stop the spam and flames and keep it on topic.

Ta

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Not really, no.

You can still play for free, but they have a "Subscription" in place, which is basically a £10 donation each month, where you get benefits from.

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
what am i suposed to be trying at lol? was merely a question, dont get worked up thinkin i care about ur server :rolleyes:

im not mate.I no you don't care about Darkrealm.The reason i no this is because you have posted more on this thread than anyone else.But thats just coinsidence i think :P

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
dunno if u noticed but im pretty active on forums, i post on every thread if ive got a reply to give lol... ive prob posted more on crusade that on here :l

get over it :p nothing much more to say ne way so prob wont post here agian ne way lol

Leng

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2009
sorry ben..keep trying m8.

LoL I was thinking exactly the same thing, it does seem like he is trying to achieve something the way he has been posting.

I think he should concentrate on his own forums TBH and sort his own games issues out.

But he is correct, he is quite active and seems to try and diss every new server.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
ive been playin this server for a few weeks now and it seems quite good. Ill b honest its not the best server ive ever played on but it has good potential. Theres plenty of unique quests to do, plenty of caves, the classes seem quite balanced which is very rare, the community is good and seems to b growing and a GM is always active (very important IMO).

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
ive been playin this server for a few weeks now and it seems quite good. Ill b honest its not the best server ive ever played on but it has good potential. Theres plenty of unique quests to do, plenty of caves, the classes seem quite balanced which is very rare, the community is good and seems to b growing and a GM is always active (very important IMO).

Your picture completly scares the living daylight out of me.

Back to topic, I played MirRevenge for a small while, quite liked it until the huge wipe (those who played during that era know what I mean)

If this is indeed "similar" as people say then surely that's not so bad? O.o

Nonetheless I wont post my opinion until i've tried it properly.

Just gotta say, donation "Subscription" to me sounds dodgey but heck what isn't in mir these days...

Goodluck with your server.

P.S Is it true you cant PK most places =/ ? as like 80% of mir players love to PK lol.

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003

Back to topic, I played MirRevenge for a small while, quite liked it until the huge wipe (those who played during that era know what I mean)

Just gotta say, donation "Subscription" to me sounds dodgey but heck what isn't in mir these days...

P.S Is it true you cant PK most places =/ ? as like 80% of mir players love to PK lol.

ye and no u can pk in any room here like some cave are non pk so pp can llvl cus a lot ppl pk and teleport round and use prod neck to found u lol and here qust in some cave and when u got npc window up and u can see some come up and pk u lol all add u can pk anyone under lvl 59 :P own if here brown so then can lvl

shinsu

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 11, 2003
ye and no u can pk in any room here like some cave are non pk so pp can llvl cus a lot ppl pk and teleport round and use prod neck to found u lol and here qust in some cave and when u got npc window up and u can see some come up and pk u lol all add u can pk anyone under lvl 59 :P own if here brown so then can lvl

in English please? punctuation never hurt anyone.. :dunce:

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
theres are 4 caves in witch you can not pk.
This is because these are leveling caves.And new players should have the option to level with out higher levels killing them left right and center.
The rest of mir is pk.

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008

As any other server the dedi has a cost and all the other things that go with it.
The people who subscribe now that there subscriptions are going to this cost and its not like most servers where its all for profit.
DarkRealm spends all the subscriptions on adveretising and the costs that are incured.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
As any other server the dedi has a cost and all the other things that go with it.
The people who subscribe now that there subscriptions are going to this cost and its not like most servers where its all for profit.
DarkRealm spends all the subscriptions on adveretising and the costs that are incured.
what sorta advertising do you do?