DC Universe Online

Join Discord

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
A superhero action mmorpg. Seen a few videos and looks exciting, is released to retail stores in the uk for the 14th Jan, you can get access on the 11th (US Release Date) if you order from Steam.

There is an initial cost for the game, varies from retailer to retailer and also there will be a subscription fee.

It will be available on PS3 and also PC.

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/

Me and a few friends will be rolling villains on a pvp server this evening!

Enjoy.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Already a post about this in the Other Computer Games section, although if anyone gets it can they let us know what it's like?

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
Ah ok my mistake, im currently downloading the patch ill be playing in around 10mins, will write my views in the next couple of days, ill also be doing a couple of gameplay videos in the not so far future:

www.youtube.com/nulliseccundus

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Very nice that will be very handy, if I'm impressed with the game I'll be purchasing the PC version (wouldn't like an MMORPG on a console). If you're on the PC version I'd happily join the same server.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
I've also been very interested in this, the cinematics looked amazing (as they usually do!) although the idea seems a bit, off (for lack of a better word) to me. I'll also be doing some more research before purchasing.

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
Played until about 2am, My character:

Hand Blasters
The Joker as Mentor
Mental Powers
Super Speed

Now i played for a bit, rolled on a pvp server and im extremely impressed.

PvP:

The pvp is very dynamic, you have to physically press a button to break out of stuns. Whilst countering them with your own at the same time. The cola (Health Potion) has a cooldown too so you have to choose carefully when you want to use it. I have managed to do 1 Legends PVP which is a 4v4 frenzy as to where you capture points on a map and kill the opposing faction to which you are rewarded "Renoun".

Leveling:

The leveling isnt too slow and i have also done 3 Solo Dungeons, Fighting alongside Catwoman, Killer Croc and Future Lex. All extremely enjoyable and also quite challenging, There are LOADS of side quests to do and you generally get multiple quests for the same area, rather than having to run from place to place to do certain ones. There are also mini games (Much like the races in Need for Speed) You pick them up and race through a course to beat certain times for bronze, silver, gold and platinum medals and you also get EXP for doing these mini games so it does break up the grind quite a bit giving you options. I was playing for about 6 hours (on and off) and im level 11.

Dungeons:

Ive done one 4man Dungeon and wow. You have to work as a team and it requires real thought for most of the boss mechanics, you also have objectives such as "Shut down 15 power cores and defeat 25 of braniacs troops" Rather than "Kill this trash.... Kill the boss" Loot in dungeons is rolled for much the same as World of Warcraft - Need, Greed, Pass.

Overall:

The game flows beautifully, the targeting system takes a bit of getting used to but you'll have it down by level 5. Im finding the game extremely enjoyable and would, in all honesty, reccomend it to anyone who enjoys online gaming. I have made a guild (League) and have 3 irl mates that have joined the game too, Hope this has helped and i will let you know when i have some gameplay videos up!

- Entra - Villain - Bloodstorm PvP EU -

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Looks like I'll be buying this going by hat short review. I guess everyone is in agreement to start the Bloodstorm Server?

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
Rendering a video i just took of the starting area, or most of it (Made a new char so you could all see it).

Should be on youtube soon but will obviously post here for you guys when its up. I also have some footage of the first mini game race you do as you leave the "safe house" for the first time.

Also loving the world pvp.. 1v1 is amazing unfortunately it doesent always go like that but thats what pvp servers are for and i would never prefer a pve server for this game xD

Also ill try and get a video of an ingame dungeon too and perhaps some world pvp.

This is what i meant about the dungeon objectives:

ksfjonaf.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3410/ksfjonaf.jpg

Video of starting area is up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0QEotpYaRE

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Thanks for the video mate, this is a defo buy for me, I will be getting this as soon as possible. I'm assuming you get a month of free play when you buy the game like you did with WoW?

How you egtting on, in the server now since another day has past.

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
Yeh you buy the game and get 30days free, it does require you to set up a subscription to play but it shows subtotal as £0.

Well basically one of my irl friends couldent stand getting killed all the time on a pvp server as a healer so we all decided to reroll on the PvE :( - Was for the greater good lol. Today me and Edore have leveled together and are so far level 16 :P with a cap of 30 we will be running duo's in no time (2 player dungeons).

Also another fun fact, Achievements - When you get 100 Achievement points you gain a skill point... so they are actually WORTH getting! :D

Skill points can be used to develop your weapon skills or movement skills (Not the powers themselves - Power Points are for powers and iconic powers)

So if you do roll - go for Reality Lost PvE EU.

Give me a /tell if you get ingame ( you do that by typing /tell Reepaa [insert text here] - im more than willing to help people out!

UPDATE -

After a day of nice easy leveling with a bit of achievement hunting and killing some world bosses with Edore - we are level 20!

Also WE GOT OUR FIRST EPIC! :D - SS Below.

firstepic.jpg

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7738/firstepic.jpg

10 levels to go! Will keep you all updated.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Are the PC & PS3 servers linked? Want to get this today but if they are all different think i will go for the PC and my PS3 is currently jailbroken and don't really want to update :(

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
As far as I know they were ging to make it multi platform, but decided not to.

Although sayign that I;ve just read somewhere that it is, I guess the only way to find out for sure would be the DCUO forum.

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
I dont believe it is cross platform but im not 100% sure

-Update:

We are now level 28 and 50% 1level and 50% and we will be at cap ready to rock.
It has taken us around a day and a half - we havent really been going at it hardcore just enjoying the quests, storyline and dungeons and it just seems to have flown by [not sure if thats correct english but meh lol]

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Cool good to hear you and your friends are enjoying it, I can't but the game just yet but I will as soon as I can. And I believe "flown by"" is correct.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Yeah it's PC and PS3 only but just wondered if they use the same servers so the people are playing together or different servers fro PS3 and PC meh think i'll go for PC anyway hopefully be on later.

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
You get 6 spell slots as number 7 is for cola and 8 is for trinket :P but you get 2 roles.

Damage - 6 spell slots
Controller - 6 spell slots

Those are the 2 i have anyways but it seems adiquate. Me and Edore have completed 3 Duo Dungeons and have been level cap for a couple of hours :P took break for food n stuff.

Anyone who starts on Reality Lost PvE, /tell Reepaa and ill invite you to our League (Guild).

We are currently recruiting anything as we only have me, edore and a healer atm (We are generally only recruiting level 30's) but happy to accept anyone from here or any friends.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
iam getting this in 3 days when get me net :D on a dongle atm lol.

can u still go places to pvp or is it just pve?