EuroReborn - The Highest Definition

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Install these, copied from Artis bug fix on their website. @Whoops777

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
.Net framework 4.8
DirectX SDK
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

'If you are still having issues, it could be that the game is trying to run at a resolution that is not supported by your computer. To resolve this, open your game folder and find ‘mir2config.ini’ and try to adjust the ‘Resolution=’ line from default ‘1366’ to either ‘1024’ or ‘800’. This will force the game to run at a lower resolution: [1366×768], [1024×768] and [800×600] respectively. If this doesn’t work, you can also try setting ‘FullScreen=False’ in the same .ini file to allow the game to run in Windowed Mode.'

Reactions: Lee

Lee

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 24, 2018
I have been lurking these forums for quite some time. I saw Pusha's comment about how excited he was for this project and I have been anticipating it also ever since. I have seen what this project / server represents and I can assure you I will be playing it for a long time.

Thank you Sanjian for pushing Mir2 in the right direction.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
It's a reasonable amount and allows everyone to donate the SAME amount to get the SAME experience

hence, no pay to win. Pay to access is VERY different, please educate yourself. Do not die on this hill.

You don't get it with some people, you need to use this kind of language...

@BlackWizz We're all p2w'ing together equally.

Reactions: theduke and Sanjian

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
The day gets closer and my worry grows larger that the player base isn't going to be as big as it should be due to being forced to pay £10 a month. There are many reasons why somebody who would love to play won't because they don't want to pay for what ever reason.

Is it possible to make this server more free player friendly?

Reactions: ChaseyLane

CountedZero

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 4, 2019
20 years ago we paid £10 .
But only when we'd leveled to 20, perhaps similar conditions could apply ?

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
20 years ago we paid £10 .
But only when we'd leveled to 20, perhaps similar conditions could apply ?
He has similar in, you can play the game to see if you enjoy it, but a sub is required to "unlock" the full game.

Reactions: Jev

Ulitma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2005
Any news on beta date? also will there be pvp testing,etc? currently playing Banshee, and pvp balance is very bad, a low rate server that feels like high server due to high damage. output

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Would be interested to hear your reasoning behind £10 a month to play not being good value for money?
I'm gunna chime in one this one.

Whilst I love and appreciate the work that Sanj has put into this server, truly the most visually appealing I've ever seen, I don't think its worth a £10 per month sub.

My reasoning is that whilst I do feel Sanj should be rewarded for all of the hard work and multiple hours thrown into this project, I don't feel that a private server holds the incentive to be worth such value. My definition of a great £10 per month sub is the likes of (I'll use WoW as an example but is not limited to), and not because I like the game, but because there are 1000's of hours of content, so much stuff you can do, explore, and being massively established etc, but whilst also being a game ran by a legitimate gaming development company which holds a huge sense of security for many many years to come, and with a lot of guarantee's.

Private Mir servers just don't hold the same kind of power, guarantees, player base or stability as big name established developers. That being taken into account, though £10 is not a lot to me, or many folk, it very well could be for the average Joe with how the current UK financial circumstance is.

In my opinion, I'd see a reasonable sub for a private mir server to be worth somewhere in the region of £5-7. It's pretty clear to see that at launch this should have quite a popular UC, so lets say at launch the UC is 300 (I'd guess it would be slightly more looking at other big launches), you'd still be looking at £1500 - £2100pm for a server that was initially advertised as not being made for the monetary gain. Also doesn't take into account folk that may have more than one account.

If Sanj decides to throw in a GC with no B2W function, that could only enhance that further.

That's my 2 pence anyway, and as I say, this is just my opinion which I'm sure 90% of people would disagree with, but I want to reiterate that this is absolutely no reflection on Sanj's work as it's second to none.

Reactions: Tai

azzee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2015
Saudi Arabia
I'm gunna chime in one this one.

Whilst I love and appreciate the work that Sanj has put into this server, truly the most visually appealing I've ever seen, I don't think its worth a £10 per month sub.

My reasoning is that whilst I do feel Sanj should be rewarded for all of the hard work and multiple hours thrown into this project, I don't feel that a private server holds the incentive to be worth such value. My definition of a great £10 per month sub is the likes of (I'll use WoW as an example but is not limited to), and not because I like the game, but because there are 1000's of hours of content, so much stuff you can do, explore, and being massively established etc, but whilst also being a game ran by a legitimate gaming development company which holds a huge sense of security for many many years to come, and with a lot of guarantee's.

Private Mir servers just don't hold the same kind of power, guarantees, player base or stability as big name established developers. That being taken into account, though £10 is not a lot to me, or many folk, it very well could be for the average Joe with how the current UK financial circumstance is.

In my opinion, I'd see a reasonable sub for a private mir server to be worth somewhere in the region of £5-7. It's pretty clear to see that at launch this should have quite a popular UC, so lets say at launch the UC is 300 (I'd guess it would be slightly more looking at other big launches), you'd still be looking at £1500 - £2100pm for a server that was initially advertised as not being made for the monetary gain. Also doesn't take into account folk that may have more than one account.

If Sanj decides to throw in a GC with no B2W function, that could only enhance that further.

That's my 2 pence anyway, and as I say, this is just my opinion which I'm sure 90% of people would disagree with, but I want to reiterate that this is absolutely no reflection on Sanj's work as it's second to none.
VERY reasonable input IMO.

Reactions: Slipmatt

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
Would be interested to hear your reasoning behind £10 a month to play not being good value for money?
£120 a year to play mir, in 2023. I suppose you could say its good value for money, if you want to spend the extra tenner a month, games are 60 quid these days each(and the rest). But i personally wouldnt as i also spend £20 a month on 2 WoW subs.

After thinking, its not a "bad" deal considering you would spend on a cash shop, but in a year for me i dont think it would be £120, and thats volentary.

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Some great points here from both sides, in the end it comes down to the individual choice if they think it's worth it or not I guess.

And btw I THINK there will be no GameGold shop it will be a Hunt Shop instead, using your points from playing in game for little bonuses (as far as I know there won't be any benefits for exp etc)

Flashy

LOMCN Member
Nov 4, 2022
casual players won’t pay £10 only the hardcore gamers
I am sure Elite HardCore tried this and it failed horribly

Reactions: PoPcOrN

Flashy

LOMCN Member
Nov 4, 2022
Only time will tell!
Free & Sub
I feel both these options should be available to maximise user count which from my opinion is the soul of the server.
I personally don’t mind paying monthly subs but they have to be worth it
How Sanjian would implement free and sub would be interesting.

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
From what i have seen and read on here the game is free you only pay £10 to unlock certain features
maybe storage
certain caves

only when the game is live we are really going to see how it truly is implanted and how it works

Reactions: Flashy