Five Heroes - Crystal Files

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Do you mind elaborating what tao pets will be like for us that didn't play your previous servers please?
Pretty much what Beer said.

Skele has a small AOE attack and does 10% damage to players. DC is based on masters SC, and its HP is % of masters

Shinsu has higher HP, does normal damage to players, DC is based on masters SC, and its HP is % of masters

Deva is a ranged mob so lowest damage of the 3 and HP wise.. same as above, attack power is based on masters SC, and its HP is % of masters

Similar applys for the archer pets..

The idea is to make them all useful... Skele is PvE, Shinsu PvP, Deva.. well its the ranged version and there's only 1 ranged pet so it does PvE and PvP.

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
When you talk about how skeles scale does it take into account both top and bottom end sc for example I have 3-19 sc, will my skele have 3-19/0-22/0-19 Dc? Also will skeles be single summon or dual summon?

Looking forward to giving this a go, allways liked your servers

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Skele has a small AOE attack and does 10% damage to players. DC is based on masters SC, and its HP is % of masters

Shinsu has higher HP, does normal damage to players, DC is based on masters SC, and its HP is % of masters

Deva is a ranged mob so lowest damage of the 3 and HP wise.. same as above, attack power is based on masters SC, and its HP is % of masters

The idea is to make them all useful... Skele is PvE, Shinsu PvP, Deva.. well its the ranged version and there's only 1 ranged pet so it does PvE and PvP.

I always thought Skele looks a bit stupid doing an AoE attack with an obvious look of being a melee mob...since we all know this can be changed in these files, would you consider doing it?

Would be nice to see a new pet even if it is a replacement :D

Or perhaps even an attach that actually looks like an AoE Melee shoot as oppose to a puff of smoke lol.

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire

Thanks for the response, that sounds fantastic. Will we be able to have multiple pets out, or will it be singular?

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I
Really need some help in creating a decent Video/Trailer to post on YouTube as well as some good Banners for signatures etc... if anyone is good at this kinda graphical stuff can you drop me a pm?

We're offering GameCoins / GameGold (whatever you wanna call it) in return for this service.

Thanks

Tencent have a few decent videos that would be easily edited, pretty cool cinematics for the classes or you could just reference pan.baidu and type in legend of mir (in Chinese or Korean) and put a video extension at end of your search...again, you will probably find some fan videos / official ones, also found a fair few that match from other Korean games like TD2 or Woool2 (cinematics for classes on both these games tot up very nicely with mir).

I use Vegas for quick **** edits, After Effects for something more fancy, I'd suggest just getting a portable version of vegas and giving it ago yourself, not that hard :)

http://www.iqiyi.com/w_19rs50raox.html#vfrm=8-7-0-1 - This video has a good Tao video, about half way through...I think its right up your street.

Last edited:

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
Tencent have a few decent videos that would be easily edited, pretty cool cinematics for the classes or you could just reference pan.baidu and type in legend of mir (in Chinese or Korean) and put a video extension at end of your search...again, you will probably find some fan videos / official ones, also found a fair few that match from other Korean games like TD2 or Woool2 (cinematics for classes on both these games tot up very nicely with mir).

I use Vegas for quick **** edits, After Effects for something more fancy, I'd suggest just getting a portable version of vegas and giving it ago yourself, not that hard :)

http://www.iqiyi.com/w_19rs50raox.html#vfrm=8-7-0-1 - This video has a good Tao video, about half way through...I think its right up your street.
What the **** did i just watch man lol

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Well we're still buggering about with archer in all honesty... the way it's done at the moment is just so random and hasnt really been thought out properly. We went through and changes a bunch of its spells.. but the whole way it works just doesnt seem right.

Not sure what to do... might open the server up to testing and get a bigger opinion from the community before we go scrap it and start again.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Well we're still buggering about with archer in all honesty... the way it's done at the moment is just so random and hasnt really been thought out properly. We went through and changes a bunch of its spells.. but the whole way it works just doesnt seem right.

Not sure what to do... might open the server up to testing and get a bigger opinion from the community before we go scrap it and start again.

Can you not implement the one from the server you tested ages ago? That one was so much better than the default one.

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003
Lay out the archer skills? It's nice when you can synergize skills

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Cant stress enough testing. As i say on any "upcoming server" thread. You dont need me to tell you why cause you know.

If you feel its not right, get people to test it. Dont throw up a test server that auto levels everyone to 40 with mir kit. They will just snoop drop files and leveling areas etc.

Do not release until youre 100% happy, i know you wont, but its gotta be said. The community will wait.

Mordred

LOMCN Member
May 28, 2011
don't throw out test server, you're right, only if you want to put in like no spawns/drops , just for no snooping, since Adv's right. people WILL snoop for drops / exp rates / exp areas. Was just curious to see when it'll be up, but guessing it's still 1-2months away i guess =)

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
If you read there forums there hoping for before the end of march, they just don't like how there archer is set out..

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I'm not bothered about snooping for EXP rates/ drops and all that rubbish as to be honest that does need to be tested.. and what are you gonna learn from it? Not that much in all honesty. You won't kill enough boss's to figure out what drops what.

Also if you've played my other servers you'll know most bosses pretty much have a chance to drop all the good stuff, the harder it gets the better the rate.. there are some boss only items but you can figure that out yourself. Certain bosses do drop certain items more than others but I'm not sure you'd ever really notice it. E.g. a boss has 1/1000 to drop heaven armour.. the other has 1/8000... if the 1/8000 drops it your gonan think that boss has a better chance naturally.

Any way I feel like I'm getting there.. ill post a list of archer spells soon so you can take a look

Eddie Strike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2010
Why not release archer later as part of an expansion...? It will give u time to work on it abit more then

It could also give ppl a reason to level a new char later on and add replayability to server

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
I'm not bothered about snooping for EXP rates/ drops and all that rubbish as to be honest that does need to be tested.. and what are you gonna learn from it? Not that much in all honesty. You won't kill enough boss's to figure out what drops what.

Also if you've played my other servers you'll know most bosses pretty much have a chance to drop all the good stuff, the harder it gets the better the rate.. there are some boss only items but you can figure that out yourself. Certain bosses do drop certain items more than others but I'm not sure you'd ever really notice it. E.g. a boss has 1/1000 to drop heaven armour.. the other has 1/8000... if the 1/8000 drops it your gonan think that boss has a better chance naturally.

Any way I feel like I'm getting there.. ill post a list of archer spells soon so you can take a look
how about post a link to client so we can log in ?:)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Looking for some closed beta testers, please go message me on the forums / post on the thread:
http://fiveheroes.net/forum/showthread.php?9-Closed-Beta-Testing&p=40#post40

Vagrant - downloads are already up and have been for a while, client is on this post:
http://fiveheroes.net/forum/showthread.php?1-Client-Download
Its just the client, run it and it'll auto patch your files

Done a hell of a lot today, I'd like to say Thank you to thedeath for helping figure out the archer and pointing me in the right direction, also for his fixes and commits to the public SVN that i've added today.

Basically, I'm at the end of my "critical list" of things to do, there is still things to do but they are not ground breaking and won't harm a beta, so I feel its time we get some people logging ingame and testing stuff.

We'll then do a open beta later on when I'm about (probably the weekend) and go from there.

Tetos

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 8, 2015
12400703_909682799131036_8350580843190529004_n.jpg :( old days i rly hope to play server like this one c files heroes files both of them are **** u dmgd my hope ben with opening this 5h was thinkin that ur goin to re open 3h again or 4h any way g/l bud achievin progress in ur new work..

Status
Not open for further replies.