Five Heroes - Crystal Files

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
**** me i forgot how big the res was on 2.3, how did i use to play that shite lol >.<

socar

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2003
View attachment 17088 :( old days i rly hope to play server like this one c files heroes files both of them are **** u dmgd my hope ben with opening this 5h was thinkin that ur goin to re open 3h again or 4h any way g/l bud achievin progress in ur new work..

You just what me to kick your ass again eh Dragon ;) x

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
:( old days i rly hope to play server like this one c files heroes files both of them are **** u dmgd my hope ben with opening this 5h was thinkin that ur goin to re open 3h again or 4h any way g/l bud achievin progress in ur new work..
That is the past.... we're here for the future

Tetos

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 8, 2015
That is the past.... we're here for the future

its ok m8 just needed to prove that c files heroes files are **** on pk just who had nice kits and high lvls can beat any one @pk not like 3h 4h osg etc gd players could kick full guild solo :)

---------- Post Merged at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:52 PM ----------

You just what me to kick your ass again eh Dragon ;) x

socar25 kosomk25 i think that u forgot ur self :D forgot how was im facing ur **** war @gt and killing u face 2 face with almightypush :) dnt u miss this day bud ? say that rly which one do u wanna play 3h or c files heroes files etc :D

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
View attachment 17088 :( old days i rly hope to play server like this one c files heroes files both of them are **** u dmgd my hope ben with opening this 5h was thinkin that ur goin to re open 3h again or 4h any way g/l bud achievin progress in ur new work..

That version seems like 1.9?

Files are even worse...lol

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
its ok m8 just needed to prove that c files heroes files are **** on pk just who had nice kits and high lvls can beat any one @pk not like 3h 4h osg etc gd players could kick full guild solo :)

You do have a point about pvping being sort of weird on C files but also if done properly it can be 10 times better than the old files where yes skill was a thing but also ping/routing/tweaks/acpi/**** were stupidly important. You basicly needed to have a "mir pc" to be competitive.

Any decisions made regarding beta?

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014

Yeah, because playing the game and building a kit to be stronger and win a fight isnt how any game should be...

Clicking ACPI (Effectively cheating) back when not many people knew about it was totally the way games should be played.

Awful warrior.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I find most people that think the old files are better are the badly skilled players that think they was good purely because they had the advantage of speed from ACPI speed tweaks and various other stuff... the fact they could dance around someone without them hitting them back was classed as "skill" but in reality if you put both those people on the same PC / environment it would come down to kit / lucky hits.

C# files are miles better, they put everyone on a more equal playing field and means you have to use real skill to win fights...

The server is designed so that even players with crap kit can still do decent damage to the fully geared geek people, they will just die a lot faster. If they 2 stood toe to toe obviously the better geared will win.. but 2x **** geared vs 1x good geared standing still battering each other, the 2 **** will win. (thats obviously not a real world example as no one stands still in a fight)

I've been a bit busy tonight working on a final few things.. I'm out at a trackday 2moro but hopefully once I get home I'll start posting the IP and stuff and then just let people log on for the week and test

I know some will say it shouldn't be an open beta and it'll spoil it / ruin the surprise blah blah .. but the server needs to be properly tested, if you dont wanna spoil it then dont play!

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
I find most people that think the old files are better are the badly skilled players that think they was good purely because they had the advantage of speed from ACPI speed tweaks and various other stuff... the fact they could dance around someone without them hitting them back was classed as "skill" but in reality if you put both those people on the same PC / environment it would come down to kit / lucky hits.

C# files are miles better, they put everyone on a more equal playing field and means you have to use real skill to win fights...

The server is designed so that even players with crap kit can still do decent damage to the fully geared geek people, they will just die a lot faster. If they 2 stood toe to toe obviously the better geared will win.. but 2x **** geared vs 1x good geared standing still battering each other, the 2 **** will win. (thats obviously not a real world example as no one stands still in a fight)

I've been a bit busy tonight working on a final few things.. I'm out at a trackday 2moro but hopefully once I get home I'll start posting the IP and stuff and then just let people log on for the week and test

I know some will say it shouldn't be an open beta and it'll spoil it / ruin the surprise blah blah .. but the server needs to be properly tested, if you dont wanna spoil it then dont play!

Cant wait :)
I'm not sure I agree with the 2 **** kitted noobs > 1 good geared player...
I agree100% for C# files tho.

Barns

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 17, 2015
Well, I'm also raring to go "<SoSo>"... ;)

However, in order to be as helpful as possible during the beta stage, I was planning on trying the seemingly-dreaded Archer class with which you've been having problems.

Will it be a complete wipe after Beta so I can revert to my usual lazy, warrior class for the main challenge? :)

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Cant wait :)
I'm not sure I agree with the 2 **** kitted noobs > 1 good geared player...
I agree100% for C# files tho.

He didnt say that.
He said that if 2 ppl attack someone standing still they will win which makes sense.

If you actually translate that into a proper fight where ppl move arround the good geared player will be able to focus one of them and win even if its 1v4 by taking them out 1 on 1.

Barns there will be a wipe. It is a testing beta to fix and test things.

Barns

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 17, 2015
He didnt say that.
He said that if 2 ppl attack someone standing still they will win which makes sense.

If you actually translate that into a proper fight where ppl move arround the good geared player will be able to focus one of them and win even if its 1v4 by taking them out 1 on 1.

Barns there will be a wipe. It is a testing beta to fix and test things.

Glad to hear that it will be a wipe so we can properly test and report without having to worry. :)

Also, glad to hear that it seems like (from what I can glean so far anyway...) it won't be the nonsensical PvP mess that Galaxy was when a player of exactly the same level can one-hit PK another out of nowhere...and I'm talking warrior v warrior at level 82! I'm sure I'll get over it some day... :D

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I wouldnt worry too much about class balance as long as FH team is arround and active. At least in their past servers i dont think anyone could complain about their balance.

Yet its up to whoever tests to report things and give feedback to fix whatever they need to fix before launch.

Barns

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 17, 2015
This is exactly what I've been looking for after the eventual shambles Galaxy turned out to be. Once Ben joined Galaxy I thought it would be even better, and it was (Rift et al), but we all know what happened after that and, now that Ben is doing his own server, I'm very much planning to do what I can to get it ready for live launch and, obviously, the challenge thereafter.

However, did anyone else have problems with these particular objects.lib files? Will I still be able to play without them when beta kicks off later?

The client seems able to do the "trying to connect to server" stuff OK, even after telling me these certain files failed. However, obviously, it can't yet connect to a non-existent server. Will it be able to do so once Ben publishes the right IP for us to add to the config file? Even without these last few files?

If I really need these last few files and the client won't download them for me, can anyone non-dodgily host those certain files for me somewhere? Or am I being overly cheeky? :P

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I had the same problem with few objects.lib files but i dont expect it to be important.

Yes at some point he will either update the launcher with correct ip's or he will give us them and we will be able to login.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
This is exactly what I've been looking for after the eventual shambles Galaxy turned out to be. Once Ben joined Galaxy I thought it would be even better, and it was (Rift et al), but we all know what happened after that and, now that Ben is doing his own server, I'm very much planning to do what I can to get it ready for live launch and, obviously, the challenge thereafter.

However, did anyone else have problems with these particular objects.lib files? Will I still be able to play without them whem beta kicks off later?

The client seems able to do the "trying to connect to server" stuff OK, even after telling me these certain files failed. However, obviously, it can't yet connect to a non-existent server. Will it be able to do so once Ben publishes the right IP for us to add to the config file? Even without these last few files?

If I really need these last few files and the client won't download them for me, can anyone non-dodgily host those certain files for me somewhere? Or am I being overly cheeky? :P

Without knowing if the client is using v2 libs I have a full unpacked client (v2) uploaded on my dbox (for my own purposes) your welcome to download anything you need (it's Data folder only)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u1nyx21z772lbrd/AADxhI_obL2mCBC1G0sbOYOOa?dl=0

Barns

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 17, 2015
I wouldnt worry too much about class balance as long as FH team is arround and active. At least in their past servers i dont think anyone could complain about their balance.

Yet its up to whoever tests to report things and give feedback to fix whatever they need to fix before launch.

Presuming you were replying to me, I didn't mention a thing about class balance! My minor gripe was a warrior one-hitting another warrior at level 82! :D

Btw, I haven't done a lot of these beta things (but have played far too much Mir...) so who do we report glitches, bugs, exploits etc to? Straight to Ben via PM on his forum?

I know how inundated GMs can be when live on the server and know how it can annoy so is it probably best to PM on the forum so they can read at leisure when time allows or do you (Ben, Hany or Matt) want us to report immediately via "whisper" on the server?

P.S. I've always hated the term "whisper" for it, as if it's something secret, lol. Why can't it just be talk? Extremely minor point, granted... ;)

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
On their forums there is a bug report session so i would guess they want the bug reports there so that other people can comment on that as well. Its easier for them to also read each seperate problem instead of searching through their pm's.

Regarding feedback i would post on the general section so that others can comment on my thoughts as well.

Barns

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 17, 2015
Without knowing if the client is using v2 libs I have a full unpacked client (v2) uploaded on my dbox (for my own purposes) your welcome to download anything you need (it's Data folder only)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u1nyx21z772lbrd/AADxhI_obL2mCBC1G0sbOYOOa?dl=0

Thanks ever so much for that mate. I've downloaded the missing ones (and scanned to death, no offence to you of course ;) ), just saying for anyone else who might be having the same problem and wants to download from your Dropbox!

However, I'm still having problems but, I think, easily solveable ones. The files I downloaded say, according to Win 10x64, that they're Firefox files to be opened by Firefox, whereas the other objects.lib files say they are to be opened by "Unknown Application".

I thought it may need to be told to be opened by Client, since that's the one that checks the files as far as I know, but Client has a different icon. So, I checked the icon for the "Unknown Application" programme, which is three grey vertical bars, but there are lots of files with that icon in the folder.

Can anyone tell me which one it should be changed to??

Edit: Forget that. I just changed the view and changed the extensions. Sorry for being a noob! :D

---------- Post Merged at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Grrrr...it gets worse! Maybe I should have left it all alone! :)

I apologise but your files (v2) apparently aren't v2 and the Client now tells me, for the files I downloaded and added, "Wrong version, expecting lib version: 2 found version 1329865020"...

I'll delete them and try again, see how it goes and report back just in case anyone else has the same problem.

Edit 2: No luck, the client still won't download objects.lib and objects.lib10-17. However, objects.lib3, whether from the server or your Dropbox, seems fine now....weird! I'll keep trying...

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
When there is an official updater you can't just get files from anywhere and use them because the launcher checks. Delete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.