FiveHeroes - C# Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i recommend Illusions V6 over V7 for viewing mir3 maps, i find it alot more responsive and less likely to crash.

the best client i found for maps was AchlysMir3 from mirfiles.co.uk

Reactions: Hany

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Also one of the great maps from mir3(official ones) was Mystery Ship, amazing place, hard to get KR, also not being able to TT if you dont beat the boss, there were a few other nice places like Dinos on official and Numa Ruins

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Will be checking forum for updates.

Welcome back Matt/Hany.

/Dave

X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
So I've been focusing lately on the archer class.

We've had a few ideas, this is somewhat a sample structure for the class.

Archers will be using Mc as their main attribute. (Crit will be used for all classes).

So our Archer is basically custom made, we're not really interested in copying official or shanda archer, we'll have our own style.

So the plan is to have 2 type of spells for archers

1 - Your regular normal spells ( Mana Consumption)

2 - Archer Orb Spender Spell ( Orb Consumption)

This is a rough list of spells in progress, Arranged from low level to high.

Code:
Double Arrow: [COLOR=#000080]Passive Skill [/COLOR]% on basic hit to deal 50% more damage. 
Straight Shot: [COLOR=#000080]Magic[/COLOR] Consumes Mana, extra magic damage fireball style.
Repulse:  [COLOR=#000080]Magic[/COLOR] Repulsion for monsters and players - Addition feature (Distance repulsed is dependent on your number of orbs if you have ArcherOrbs ) 
Disengage: [COLOR=#000080]Magic[/COLOR] Jump backwards 2-3 Steps.(20% mana Consumption High CD Spell)

ArcherOrb: [COLOR=#000080]Magic[/COLOR] Allows you to generate Orbs, Maximum of 4 Orbs.
PiercingShot:[COLOR=#000080]Orb Consumption - 1 Orb[/COLOR] Ignores  50% of Amc/Ac and Damage is increased depending on distance, more distance more damage dealt. Consumes 1 Orb. Does nothing if you have no orbs.
PoisonShot: [COLOR=#000080]Orb Consumption - 1 Orb[/COLOR] Poisons(GreenPsn) the Target, Consumes 1 Orb. Does nothing if you have no orbs.
FreezingShot: [COLOR=#000080]Orb Consumption - 1 Orb[/COLOR] Poisons(Purple) the Target, Consumes 1 Orb. Does nothing if you have no orbs.
PushingShot: [COLOR=#000080]Orb Consumption - 2 Orbs[/COLOR] Pushes the target 2 steps backwards . Does nothing if you have no orbs.
Summon Spider: [COLOR=#000080]Orb Consumption - 2 Orbs[/COLOR] Summons A spider that slows target on hit, Consumes 2 Orb. Does nothing if you have no orbs.
AspeedBuff: [COLOR=#000080]Orb Consumption - 2 Orbs[/COLOR] Buffs you with Aspeed Buff.Does nothing if you have no orbs.
LifeSteal: [COLOR=#000080]Orb Consumption - 2 Orbs[/COLOR] Buffs you with Life steal on hit Buff.Does nothing if you have no orbs.

AoeMagic: [COLOR=#000080]Orb Consumption - 3 Orbs[/COLOR] Aoe Damage magic.
ParaShot:  [COLOR=#000080]Orb Consumption - 4 Orbs[/COLOR] Para the target for 2 seconds.

Obviously this is work in progress, and this list ive jsut made up There's other spells thats not been added to the list yet, I've finished the orb system structure though.

So I'm all open to suggestions and Ideas, If you have a good suggestion about the archer class don't hesitate.

Here's a small video that shows you how the archer orb system would work, Also Orbs fade overtime, and when it does you won't lose all your orbs, you'll lose one orb and timer resets.

[video=youtube;BIpuqqvvLK4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIpuqqvvLK4[/video]

forum registration is not working
I'll take a look tomorrow.

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
looks VERY nice.

an idea i had while looking at the video, DC as a main stat for archer normal attacks and MC for its specials? that way your open for players to make 3 builds for 1 class, a DC build an MC spell based build or a DC/MC hybrid?

Straight Shot converted to DC and acts like SLAYING, PASSICE SKILL with a % chance on shot of increased ACC and DAMAGE.
CrippleShot, PASSIVE, % chance on hit to stop mob from moving but can still attack.

Accuracy and Agility i think are 2 stats that are ALWAYS overlooked, producing an archer class that excells at Accuracy but not a high damage class makes it a good group choice against bosses with higher agility stats, espedcially if they have skills that can debilitate mobs from say moving.

just a few things that flew out my head while watching the video.

The orb idea is very nice tho, good work

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
The general idea is that the classes will be as follows:

warrior = uses DC - attacks are physical
assassin = uses DC - attacks are magical

archer = uses MC - attacks are physical
wizard = uses MC - attacks are magical

taoist = uses dc/sc mix

this way for the 3 diff item sets (dc/mc/sc) you have 2 for dc, 2 for mc, and 1 for sc... until monk is released which will use dc/sc mix meaning 2 classes sharing the item stat.

I've considered making archer use DC items, as attacks are physical.. and making assassin use MC items as they will be magical... but people are probably going cry and be like wtf why is it using MC items.. but same could be same for archer so i dunno yet.

1 thing for certain is that we'll have 2x melee doing phys/magic and 2x range doing phys/magic.

This way each class offers something unique and counters each other.

e.g. a warrior will kill a wizard faster than a sin.... but a sin kills an archer faster than a warrior... visa versa for the range classes

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Archer looks like it could be fun.

If only you could tweak the other classes slightly.
I always like the idea of fire spells for wizards leaving a target burnt almost like a short 3-5 second poison, that when you cast another fire spell it deals X amount of extra damage on top. Could do this for Lightning spells and also Ice Spells.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
heh i guess i'm the only one who thinks archer should use crit dmg :p
if the class is designed arround getting gear that has a combined crit chance of like 90% max ( at lvl 40+) and one crit is like 3/4*dc
it suddenly becomes a balance between getting high dc (or mc or whatever) and getting high crit chance :p

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Isn't C# based on Korean Mir, if so then it wouldn't have Monk, as that is shanda. Ofcourse you could put it in yourself no worries, seen what you guys can do.

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
Archer looks like it could be fun.
If only you could tweak the other classes slightly.
I always like the idea of fire spells for wizards leaving a target burnt almost like a short 3-5 second poison, that when you cast another fire spell it deals X amount of extra damage on top. Could do this for Lightning spells and also Ice Spells.
We have plans for other classes, eg tao is gonna get new summons and new attacking spells.
All classes will be updated.
heh i guess i'm the only one who thinks archer should use crit dmg :p
if the class is designed arround getting gear that has a combined crit chance of like 90% max ( at lvl 40+) and one crit is like 3/4*dc
it suddenly becomes a balance between getting high dc (or mc or whatever) and getting high crit chance :p
Having archer using crit as main attribute was the original plan atleast for me, however i do think having crit as an attribute for all classes have much more benefit, I mean it gives players more choice of items build/gameplay etc.
Items won't really have all stats on them, that would be silly. meaning if you're going for crit you will have to sacrifice your main attribute.
But I guess we'll have to see it all may get revamped, balancing phase starts on closed beta really, can't really have a good balance in the current phase.
Isn't C# based on Korean Mir, if so then it wouldn't have Monk, as that is shanda. Ofcourse you could put it in yourself no worries, seen what you guys can do.
It all depends tbh, We're not really interested in Monks at the moment, It's tough coding our archer based on a retarded translated web page let alone monks :P

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
the differnece between the 2 is mainly having the riding and fishing animations? which we wont be using any way so wouldnt be problem, either way we'll make it work like we always have.

monk is very far down the line ne way, it would come as an expansion in the future

@td
crit chance and crit damage are not main stats... you'd still need a main stat either mc dc sc or a made up stat.

its stupid makin crit only available to 1 class, it should be for all classes and lets build diversity happen

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
for some reason i cant make a new account and when i use my old one i cant do anything at all on it no idea why :/ cant even click whats new nd other things.

(forums account)

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
We have plans for other classes, eg tao is gonna get new summons and new attacking spells.
All classes will be updated.

new new or just the default stuff we might have seen from other servers? E.g. ThousandSwords and so on.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
i did enjoy the server i played that you made/ran.

the on thing that put me off was the amount of full kits that where bought for real life money from you. i know everyone could buy them off you and you could gain them from mobs, but it just ruined it for me. will this be the case on this server?

Reactions: Samuel

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
yeah il be defo giving it a shot but iv been told by alot that some funny business happened on other servers