Format of WIL Files...

smoochy boys on tour

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
I have noticed that the Newer Wil files cause probelms on the client we all use for 3G. Here is a couple of examples:

1. MON22 - Now if you rip the mob Using Kaori Editor and place Properly inside another MON file (lets say 18), you spawn the mob and its Invisable. As Soon as it moves you can see it no problem. Now if we instead rename MON22 to MON4, you have the oppisite effect, can see it fine standing there but soon as it moves, it dissapears. Now before you all Jump up and down and say you need a much newer client, looking at the PNG files, they look fine, there placement is fine and the mob does not "flicker" (which happen if placement is out by one). I have placed WOOOL Mobs in no problem using the same theory and they dont do the same thing at all. I have seen Screenshots of JOB Chinese Server with the mobs looks fine, I am guessing it must be the Wil editor they use maybe??

2. New Armours - Wemade have got some new fancy Armours out (2 of them) both on screen and on Paper doll. Now looking at the reference, its Shape 9 & 10. First thing I did was make 2 DB entires with them Shapes, whatever you are wearing it stays the same, if you shove on these new armours and if you leave them on and log out - relong in, you come back Invisable.

I assumed it was the server side (why not - must be eh) so I ripped One of the new armours over the top of another (first one) and guess what - same problem...

This Mir3 thing is very puzzling, Maybe its time to look for a new WIL editor tbh - cos Im baffled..

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
hmm same like Wool RLE Compress and bit shifting, in the wix is the offset from the Images, in the wil the Image Information. this looks like Alpha Channel problem. better is we have a Server this can run the last Euro 1.21
or the new Korean Client.

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
i used kaori wil/wix editor to move them new mobs to spare places in old mon files without any problems ingame...only prob is there is of course no new attack for them (very unlucky for the new magic type snowtower mobs)

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
TritoN said:
i used kaori wil/wix editor to move them new mobs to spare places in old mon files without any problems ingame...only prob is there is of course no new attack for them (very unlucky for the new magic type snowtower mobs)

Bascially what i did was as follows:

Export Mon22 Mons with +4000 to give me the right range.
This saves in a dir 4000+ onwards plus the text files.
I then export fully Mon18
I copy and insert the new 4000+ into 18 along with copy + paste of Txt files.
Now I use Kaori Editor to make a WIL from Images (choosing type 2)
I then rebuild (as there was always a bug if you never did this)
I then rename the files to correct naming and run game - Nope still probs as I have described.

Tried about 3/4 Mir3.exe ranging from English, Chinese to Korean and All have the same probelm..

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
depends on the DB (race or whatever) the exe reads wix differently. different mob have different sequences. (wrong race gives you flashing effect)

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
After very much Extensive testing, I finally worked it out, some of the MON files must be hard coded into the server, even if the thing look empty inthe spaces you are trying to shove mobs in, they are not and this is what causes the problem.

Once Ihad moved the mobs around a Lot and found the right placements in Mon18, they all appeared fine - I guess triton you were just Lucky in which file you choose, I choose Mon18 as it never had much in of Value.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Placing the mobs into spare places, did that mean you had to alter any mob numbering in the db because you had inserted a new one?

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
shorty606 said:
Placing the mobs into spare places, did that mean you had to alter any mob numbering in the db because you had inserted a new one?

No because I inserted the new mobs into spaces that had nothing in them, the new mobs of course had new numbers..

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
But say you place them into a space before a mob image you already use. Say it was a ZumaGuardian image and it was 19 in the database. You then add a mob before it into a blank space. Would that mean the new mob is 19 and ZumaGuardian becomes 20?

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
shorty606 said:
But say you place them into a space before a mob image you already use. Say it was a ZumaGuardian image and it was 19 in the database. You then add a mob before it into a blank space. Would that mean the new mob is 19 and ZumaGuardian becomes 20?

Let me explain how you work out Mob Images:

Let pick a mob which lives in WiL16 and it starts at position 5000.

16-1 = 15
5000=5

Mob Image = 155

If the ZT was 19 lets say, the it will still be 19 as it has not moved anywhere in the images in my example. The new mob as this is one before is now 18 for example...

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Thanks for that, I follow you :) I haven't looked at mobs but I'm starting to incorporate new ones, Thanks for your help!

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
I also agree about the hard coded issue, I have placed a mob in mon-16 and it flashes when there is no reason to what so ever. Also uses a weird attack lol.
EDIT and sounds like a deer