FrOzEnServer (AlphaFrOzEn Files)

smoochy boys on tour

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
The idea behind frozen is a high rate & fast leveling server. Lowering the EXP is just plain stupid.

You have to think about it relatively.

If you lower exp but also decrease the amount of exp needed per level - then you have a similar situation. You could also increase the amount needed per level but also change how much your typical mob gives.

These things are not black and white ;)

/Leo

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Are you going to be playing an active role (working with the server files/GMing etc) Leo?

Is that make or break for you? :P

I'll be an active participant yesso. However Ash will be doing most the grunt work on the serverfiles.

My main roles atm;
-make a teaser site
-make a site ready for it going live
-design fancy images
-maintain webspace
-create better login system (need a better way to ban cheats)
-create an online password recovery utility

Theres not been much thought as to server design yet. However I'll be submitting ideas and doing more grunt work to help Ash if time permits.

If another GM is needed, then yes I'll GM too. Regardless however I will be playing :P

/Leo

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
Is that make or break for you? :P

I'll be an active participant yesso. However Ash will be doing most the grunt work on the serverfiles.

My main roles atm;
-make a teaser site
-make a site ready for it going live
-design fancy images
-maintain webspace
-create better login system (need a better way to ban cheats)
-create an online password recovery utility

Theres not been much thought as to server design yet. However I'll be submitting ideas and doing more grunt work to help Ash if time permits.

If another GM is needed, then yes I'll GM too. Regardless however I will be playing :P

/Leo

Theres a FrOzEn server and then there's a FrOzEn server with Leo.

If its up before sunday i will give it a try, back in uni on the monday and afaik i cant connect to Mir.

Good luck ash.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Sounds fair enough Stone :)

Hmm, not sure if it will be up by sunday, ill see what i can do. I have almost completed the "base" of the 1.9 files (basically alphafrozen 1.4 files, but as 1.9.). And then i shall begin to add the "extras". :D

Thanks for the luck ^^, ill keep you updated on the progress of the server.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
ive got the frozen server files if u want them ash1234.

but im adding them into 2.3 as well so tell what set u want :)

2.3 (should be finshed within 4 months lol)
1.4 (can have str8 away)
1.9 (will take me about week)

Lol i alrdy have 2.3 Server with the exact mobs, items etc as 1.4 FrOzEn files, i only use it for myself when im bored as i have no idea if this goes against Copyright of Leo or not lol.

Obviously the 2.3 comes with the extra skills and no stat cap, and i've added all my own stuff too :P lol

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Lol i alrdy have 2.3 Server with the exact mobs, items etc as 1.4 FrOzEn files, i only use it for myself when im bored as i have no idea if this goes against Copyright of Leo or not lol.

Obviously the 2.3 comes with the extra skills and no stat cap, and i've added all my own stuff too :P lol

Its no problem aslong as its not public :)

/Leo

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
good luck with the old/new AlphaFrOzEn files, with leo you should do good, this is one of the first set of files i was given so sonic dont think you are the only one with them... when leo will tell you they have been passed around

anyways good luck with the server and all you do

lif

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Thanks Lifco. :)

Progress Update:
11/01/2007: Converted AlphaFrOzEn Server Files from 1.4 to 1.9.
13/01/2007: ALL Mob Spawns have been fixed, along with most NPC scripts.

michaelj:mrj

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 13, 2005
United Kingdom
Looking forward to this coming up, will definatly play.
How long are you reckoning until it goes public? If you're looking for a tester then I am more than happy to help.

Good luck finishing it off!

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
We have no idea as to when the server will be launched (for the public). You will all be kept upto date with all the latest progression of the server.

I do believe that all the testing on the server will be done by the staff only, thankyou for the offer though. :D

Please feel free to ask us any questions that you require answers to regarding the server, the only one which we will not be able to answer is the "when will the server be public" one. :P

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I know a related question, u thinking of putting it in the 'UpComming' section now u decided to make it, and give us a few details of it? Obviously some will know whats in it, but some might not.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
I know a related question, u thinking of putting it in the 'UpComming' section now u decided to make it, and give us a few details of it? Obviously some will know whats in it, but some might not.

We'll make a thread for it sometime closer to launch date. The only place ideas are at the moment is on the forum, and on three very colourful A3 sheets of paper under my bed ^^.

/Leo

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Well, just so you know, this project is still going ahead as planned. However, we have no idea when it will become "live".

Sorry for not posting sooner, i have only just managed to speak to leo about it myself :P

If you wish to post comments on the server please do. Also, if you have any useful ideas which may improve the server, then please share them with us, post them on the forums (http://www.meltedmir2.net/).

I know this thread is abit old, but its seems abit pointless starting a new thread on the same subject.

EDIT: By saying "this project", i mean the MeLtEd Server (frozen 1.9), i just relised that the thread title has nothing about MeLtEd 1.9 in it >.<

Last edited:

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Well, i have suggested that to Leo, just waiting to see what she thinks about this idea. ^_^

The only problem with making MeLtEd 2.3 is that it could take longer for the server to go live than it would if it was 1.9.

We shall see...

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Well tbh i'd rather wait longer for the 2.3 Version then wait a shorter time for the 1.9, cause i just think 1.9 sux tbh, i prefer the 2.3