GAME stores

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
True and I for one am more likely to look round the game section of a supermarket than I am to make a dedicated trip to a standalone shop like game

I'm the other way around, i found you may pay an extra £1-2 but you get better deals and i buy alot of games so getting GAME points per game i buy / trade in helps me alot.
Shame really that GAME might shut down soon :(

strapon

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
ITV 9.25am
I imagine its different in various areas of the country, but in the north east in the past couple of years grainger games has sprung up.
http://www.graingergames.co.uk/
You can walk between the 2 shops on my high street in literally 30 seconds and get a new game for a fiver cheaper at least or a pre owned one for up to a tenner cheaper. My brother and I have been saying for months how the **** do game stay in buisness....we put it down to parents/grandparents buying for their kids who know no better.

The staff in there laugh at GAMEs prices when you tell them the difference.
GAME ****ed up and I'm glad.

Last edited:

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007
shopto.net = always cheaper and you get your order at least 1 day a head of official release. i can't big these guys up enough, awesome service.

it shocks me that anyone would buy from game, local independent stores are better value for money.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
you've gotta take into account that the AVERAGE broadband speed has gone from like 0.5mb to 5mb broadband in space of 5 years , its now possible for people to download games in a reasonable time.

I always buying everything online because i cba to travel 6 mile into town and que in shops , when i can get it cheaper online.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
I imagine its different in various areas of the country, but in the north east in the past couple of years grainger games has sprung up.
http://www.graingergames.co.uk/
You can walk between the 2 shops on my high street in literally 30 seconds and get a new game for a fiver cheaper at least or a pre owned one for up to a tenner cheaper. My brother and I have been saying for months how the **** do game stay in buisness....we put it down to parents/grandparents buying for their kids who know no better.

The staff in there laugh at GAMEs prices when you tell them the difference.
GAME ****ed up and I'm glad.

haha last couple of years, i used to go to grainger games when in school to buy games like Grand Theft Auto because they never cared u wernt 18 lol, we are talking a good 13-14 years ago lol

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
I heard GAME may have got a bailout by RBS? Couldn't find anything on goggle about it but this is what i have been hearing.

strapon

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
ITV 9.25am
haha last couple of years, i used to go to grainger games when in school to buy games like Grand Theft Auto because they never cared u wernt 18 lol, we are talking a good 13-14 years ago lol

Maybe they been around that long in geordieland...but here in middlesbrough theyve been here for last couple of years mate...as i said.

Phantom

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2012
I heard GAME may have got a bailout by RBS? Couldn't find anything on goggle about it but this is what i have been hearing.
Game doesn't have the reserved credit to buy in games for pre-orders, it's also not just Game that this has happened to either, as HMV have had theirs pulled back also (Though HMV are in a better position, due to selling other items also). It just means that Game now has to approach individual publishers and strike deals with them directly and unfortunately this is more expensive as they pay per single unit, IE: Mass Effect 3 Game Price = £44 - Publisher Price = £38/£42. My brother is an Area Manager for Game and they stopped doing pre-orders in his stores after MW3, as the cost per unit was too expensive for the stores to buy in the stock.

As for Game Station, though it is owned by Game it operates completely different from the way Game works. Game Station works solely on the sale of pre-used and very rarely offer pre-order, they also do a lot of stock interchange between local stores within a certain radial area. But if people stopped buying and selling pre-used games, then yes Game Station would hit bottom, but I don't see this happening unless TGGP go into liquidation.

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
From what i read yesterday in the paper, EA sports are refusing to give GAME any form of credit whatsoever lol

Phantom

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2012
From what i read yesterday in the paper, EA sports are refusing to give GAME any form of credit whatsoever lol
You read it wrong completely, as Game don't get credit from the publisher. Game's creditors are RBS, RBS have pulled back Game's credit rating and it's stopping them from buying in bulk as I said previously. This is effecting them buying in bulk for pre-orders and they are being forced to buy on per unit and they can't afford to buy in on a per unit price from the publisher. But as I said in my previous post, it's not just Game that have been effected by having their credit pulled back, its just the others are not hitting the news as much, as they have other subsidized products to keep them going.

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
GAME newsletter "Games from £4.99 + You could win an xbox 360 console"

Can't buy in games but are willing to give away a free console.

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
Shopto is well good! Bought Madden 12 from their eBay store and it got delivered the next day. I then got an email about their website, shopto.net where Madden 12 was £2 cheaper. :(

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
You read it wrong completely, as Game don't get credit from the publisher. Game's creditors are RBS, RBS have pulled back Game's credit rating and it's stopping them from buying in bulk as I said previously. This is effecting them buying in bulk for pre-orders and they are being forced to buy on per unit and they can't afford to buy in on a per unit price from the publisher. But as I said in my previous post, it's not just Game that have been effected by having their credit pulled back, its just the others are not hitting the news as much, as they have other subsidized products to keep them going.

I read it in the sun yday, do i have to find my paper and actually type everything? Same old pig headed all knowing egotistical fantasist that is mapadale

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Maybe they been around that long in geordieland...but here in middlesbrough theyve been here for last couple of years mate...as i said.
Ahh right didnt know they were that big, i dont live there anymore. When i was a kid they were a small stall in the Grainger Market lol

Phantom

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2012
I read it in the sun yday, do i have to find my paper and actually type everything? Same old pig headed all knowing egotistical fantasist that is mapadale
I also read the news (Don't rely on everything that the sun tells you) and hear it first hand from my brother, who is a General Manager for Game and can you also please stop referring to me as this other person. I know who he is, but he certainly doesn't have access to my account and never will have.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I also read the news (Don't rely on everything that the sun tells you) and hear it first hand from my brother, who is a General Manager for Game and can you also please stop referring to me as this other person. I know who he is, but he certainly doesn't have access to my account and never will have.

Thought he was an Area Manager?????