Good news

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
No it doesn't.

The drag of lowrates is it takes so long to get the next item...

If mobs had like 1-1 ac instead of 10-10 , a dc 1-1 ring is exactly the same as 10-10 Vs mobs, and is infact better for pvp because it wont **** spells up (2.3 atleast, and any spells will be easier to balance with lower stats as theres less of a range the formula has to work for)

High stats are actually pointless, because you just increase the defensive stats, so they cancel out.

1 Dc would make a noticeable difference if armours and mobs only had minimal Ac and hp..... just like 1 dc on euro was noticeable... otherwise u wudnt have paid so much more for a power ring than d ring back in the day...

Any other reason it wouldn't work? because I don't think thats a valid reason

/gw
1 dc was not noticeable lol

you bought a power ring over a d ring because in total, with the complete set upgraded (2x d rings -> p rings.. claw neck -> g bead etc) you would have about 5-15 or something more dc, which was slightly noticeable.

"and any spells will be easier to balance with lower stats as theres less of a range the formula has to work for"

Ive no idea what your on about here really... less of a range the formula has to work for?? makes no sense at all.

There really is no difference from low rate to high rate, it can all be sorted and balanced, its down to the server maker.

The only real issue is pot regeneration, where at level 40 pots will regene nicely, but with like 40k hp the pot regene is still the same speed, thus takin forever to fill 40k hp

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
1 dc was not noticeable lol

you bought a power ring over a d ring because in total, with the complete set upgraded (2x d rings -> p rings.. claw neck -> g bead etc) you would have about 5-15 or something more dc, which was slightly noticeable.

"and any spells will be easier to balance with lower stats as theres less of a range the formula has to work for"

Ive no idea what your on about here really... less of a range the formula has to work for?? makes no sense at all.

There really is no difference from low rate to high rate, it can all be sorted and balanced, its down to the server maker.

The only real issue is pot regeneration, where at level 40 pots will regene nicely, but with like 40k hp the pot regene is still the same speed, thus takin forever to fill 40k hp

well 1 dc was noticeable... the fact u got 5 items with 1 dc more made it more noticeable... and u would get a whole kit with this idea, so it wud be noticeable? so thanks for agreeing with me.

Its easier to balance spelsl with a range of dc 0-100.

for example say the formula for ff was 1/2 x base mc+50 damage. if you had 10 base dc then the damage would be 55, the 50 dmage bonus is a big contribution to total damage. if u had base mc 500, total dmg would be 550... making the 50 dmage alot less noticeable.

Simple maths, all spells have formula to calculate damage as you know, don't know if i need to put thought into a detailed explanation, hope you understand that.

yeah i agree with you it can be balanced on propper files, but not 2.3, there are always firewall and curse issues, often TDB issues. and it will be easier to balance on any files.

pots are a bonus to low rates too yes.

2.3 files are a perfect example of spells being easier to balance, they are balanced on low rates, high rates spells like curse are stupid.

continue talking on the thread i created if you wish, this is way off topic.

/gw

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
wheres this +50 damage bonus come from? you dont even know the formula for FF.. ur just guessing it?
and it depends what files, i tihnk philli files FF worked off a random number x base mc + max mc or something, theres no bonus dmg.
my files work off just base mc x setupvalue + max mc x setupvalue.
so again.. its same regardless of the stat

2.3 spells work better on low rates because they are LOW RATE FILES. on 4heros all spells have been changed to work for any rate, as they are simple multiplication formulas, that will work regardless of the stat. where as 2.3 as u said.. quite a few of them have low formulas, and then u add "bonus dmg" to them via the magic table, which in reality just unbalances them.

u said 1 dc was noticeable, ud gain 1 dc go kill a mob and be like wow, i feel so much stronger, which is wrong
im saying collectively u would notice 10 or 20 so dc more on mobs, but 1 u would not.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
wheres this +50 damage bonus come from? you dont even know the formula for FF.. ur just guessing it?

2.3 spells work better on low rates because they are LOW RATE FILES. on 4heros all spells have been changed to work for any rate, as they are simple multiplication formulas, that will work regardless of the stat. where as 2.3 as u said.. quite a few of them have low formulas, and then u add "bonus dmg" to them via the magic table, which in reality just unbalances them.

u said 1 dc was noticeable, ud gain 1 dc go kill a mob and be like wow, i feel so much stronger, which is wrong
im saying collectively u would notice 10 or 20 so dc more on mobs, but 1 u would not.

Sigh.... Yes, so a kit that advances by 1 dc each time u gain a new item wouldnt be a waste of time, it would be worth getting.

It doesnt have to be uber lowrate, can be mildly higher than euro.

yes im guessing the formula, it doesnt matter what the forumla is though its always easier to make a formula work for a smaller number range.

for example 2X < 20 works for numbers 0-9 (if X=10 or more it would mean 2 multiplied by X is equal to or greater than 20) ... so if u had a formula that wanted to max dmg at 20 it would only work for a small set of numbers, i hope this PRINCIPLE can be transferred.

an example would be, u didnt want wizzies to be 1 hit by TDB, tdb ignoring AC. so if the formula was 2 x DC <700 (hp being 700) DC would have to be lower than 350.... so a highrate with 700 dc would do 1400 damage... dont pick hairs, its the principle im getting across not that tdb actually multiplies by 1.9989898695949395495.

/gw

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
why is it easier to make it work with a smaller number range? its exactly the same seriously.

if u had dc100 and hp1000

ur spell normally does 100 hp

then u x10 the stats

u have 1000 dc 10,000 hp

ur spell noramlly does 1000 hp... thats still 10%.. thats still the same lol

ive honestly got no idea what ur on about rly, u just seem to be posting a lot of crap

low rate.. high rate.. its all the same

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
I wont be posting on this forum no more, as my reputation is kinda bad. This is due to mainly myself, but also some of lomcn's finest members. And there constant needs to put me and my server down.

MirReborn will be put online within a week, i only have a few more things to finish up. Then il be ordering the dedi, and we are off.

I will get someone to put a thread on here with all details, when it is live.

Take care, Harry

You cant even post a goodbye thread with out mentioning your silly server. You wont be posting anymore.. yet you did.. =/ Your reputation is down to yourself no one else.. Your the one pretending to be differnt people, your the one quiting mir yet back again hours later as a new person, your the one releasing your files to yourself, your the sponge who will try and get anyones work, your the sad act who trys selling scripts for £4.99, your the one who ruined your own reputation and most likely ruined your chance of running a good server. Your the one who says you have a life but with all these reason im struggling to belive that.

Btw when you said you will get someone to post your server here when it is live.. you mean your brother will post it ?

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I sorta get your point gw but you are missing loads of info.Like you said on that example +50 extra dmg on say FF spell wouldnt matter a lot on a HR with mc500.Well a wiz wouldnt care about it neway if he was hitting 1000+ lol?Its a high rate after all.

On your last example u can just up wiz hp.Only retard gms cant predict 1-2hits.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
I sorta get your point gw but you are missing loads of info.Like you said on that example +50 extra dmg on say FF spell wouldnt matter a lot on a HR with mc500.Well a wiz wouldnt care about it neway if he was hitting 1000+ lol?Its a high rate after all.

On your last example u can just up wiz hp.Only retard gms cant predict 1-2hits.

ok ill forget the maths.

TD 2.3 files, curse is stupid with high sc, works fine with low sc.

easier to understand?

/gw

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
Curse fine with 0-1000 sc capped lvl1

thats just a **** fix tho lol.... -.- all the other tao spells suffer.

Firewall then... TDB 2 hitting people... you can nitpick all u like but 2.3 files work better with lower stats imo.

/gw

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
TD files might work better with lower stats but lower stats dont work at all with current mir.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Ye we can continue there but wots the problem?Its not like you are waiting some breathtaking info here or something.Stop being so carebear about spam abuse etc(not aimed at viper this 1)

Viper

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2007
Newcastle
Ye we can continue there but wots the problem?Its not like you are waiting some breathtaking info here or something.Stop being so carebear about spam abuse etc(not aimed at viper this 1)

was cos i was reading 2 diff threads about it and tryin to follow what people are saying lol.

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Whether he's leaving or just seeking attention, ur giving him what he craves, don't reply? He makes a post - no one replys - he cries, leave the kid alone and let him post what he wants to, doesn't mean you have to read it.