GuildPoints system.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Ok I'm working on making a guild points system, I have most of the script working but its the mapquest part that I'm having a little trouble with. It keeps looking for FLD_Character in the TBL_GuildBank which is where I have added the FLD_GuildPoints into. I can convert FP to guildpoints ok, and change guildpoints to famepoints fine, it's just aquiring them from the mondie part of the mapquest that I'm having trouble with. Can anyone suggest a way to fix? I'm kinda new to all the sql manipulation.

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Why did you not just add a column in TBL_Character for guildpoints?

You would have to show the script for us to know where it's going wrong :)

Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Why did you not just add a column in TBL_Character for guildpoints?

You would have to show the script for us to know where it's going wrong :)

Because it's a guild points system, and I wanted all points to be accumulated for guilds, not individuals. The whole point of me making a system like this was for guilds to work together for items etc, and encourage guild hunts on a bigger scale, obviously the more people in a guild that go group hunting together, the more points that guild aquires and the easier it is to make that guild stronger. The only issue I might have with it, is if guild leaders get greedy and use the points for themselves and not to benefit others lol.

I may share the script once I have it working but depends really as I did ask for help with this before and none was offered at the time...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
BUMP:

Anyway,the main part of the script is written alongside the guildbank system. It seem's to work fine from the GuildBank npc, but this is the strange part, it's only the mondie script that decides to look for FLD_Character in the TBL_GuildBank. That's what I can't get, it doesn't look for it on the npc script, but it does on the mapquest side...

Upvote 0

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Ah that's probably because you are not pulling the Character name from the correct place in sql and also pulling the user name and comparing the two???

Upvote 0

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Sorry I meant its not checking guildname... or whatever you are doing to tell the script where to go to in the sql.

You need to break it down and maybe try writing a script to read and output the info from the sql you want to interrogate or alter first. :)

Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Sorry I meant its not checking guildname... or whatever you are doing to tell the script where to go to in the sql.

You need to break it down and maybe try writing a script to read and output the info from the sql you want to interrogate or alter first. :)

check email please

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
humm keep getting this exception in cd.exe. how do i fix?

20:15:52:Exception) TFrmSql.ReadSqlValue -> Open
20:15:52: :select FLD_CHARACTER,FLD_GUILDPOINTS from TBL_CHARACTER where D5205,26,44,25,44,,+d1, +t25, +h

Upvote 0

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
though i really dont support my scripts anymore or my tutorials, for me and probably everyone else trying to help, it would be better to post your entire work, or the script that seems to be going wrong.

Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
no offense but what is the use in me posting a script and hoping people will help because A.) some people will just copy the script and claim it to be there own work and not bother helping me anyway, this has happened a few times with scripts i've written. I have no problem with sharing just I won't share with selfish people who claim they have written something someone else did... Also last time I posted this script it was viewed by approx 12 people, not 1 of which bothered trying to help... so if I'm reluctant to post it people can't blame me.

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Use your common sense!

If you post something asking for help but not give us enough info, its just useless spam, why post in the first place!

Give us something to help you with...

20:15:52: :select FLD_CHARACTER,FLD_GUILDPOINTS from TBL_CHARACTER where D5205,26,44,25,44,,+d1, +t25, +h

That looks like you are trying to read the SQL with the info from a MapSpell command.

Upvote 0

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
it keeps the community alive. quite sad i made those tutorials like over a year ago. not many have posted other examples to help people along :) how many people you think would have attempted guildpoints/banks if i hadnt posted it, or tried other things with SQL. in the end i think it can help more than you think, if you share :) and i got no benefit in stealing your script, dont have a server :P and idabiga and chimera are already all knowing :P lol so they have no benefit in stealing either

if your that worried.. dont post the entire thing.. or PM... or show broken parts of the script, like i did in my tuturials. you actually have to fiddle with the settings a bit to get things to work right in my tutorials, i didnt post a full tutorial on purpose, or else its just copy/paste with no learning lol :)

ironically it was actually idabiga's random code snippets and helpful posts from like 3 years ago that inspired me to help out aswell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Use your common sense!

If you post something asking for help but not give us enough info, its just useless spam, why post in the first place!

Give us something to help you with...

That looks like you are trying to read the SQL with the info from a MapSpell command.

@ida
Excuse me but I don't think you had any need to speak to me like that! As I said, I did post the script before and no-one tried helping I only had people viewing it and not even bothering to post about it, which makes me think people only want to try and steal the script.... I have been getting some help from chimera and he is still helping me with it, but I was asking if anyone knew what the exception meant! It's a mapquest it is being run from and it's for adding guild points. The rest of the system works fine, it's just the script for the guild points to be added thats the problem. I just don't get what the problem is, I don't see why it won't read it properly or what ever or why there is even an exception. If someone can help me sort this out please let me know and I'll pm the script.

@inflikted
I know where you are coming from and I'm sure loads of people appreciate what you have done for the community. The problem is there are too many people within the community willing to take and not give anything back. I could name a few people I have pm'd asking for help with scripts they have working and they don't reply, seem's a lot of people come on here, get help with the scripts/files they have and then keep the scripts/files to themselves. As I said I would be willing to share the script once it is working but I wouldn't be happy to give it to certain people who I don't get along with shall we say. I can see what you mean about the tutorials. I've had to play around with the script a hell of a lot to get it as far as I have lol

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
WRONG... Just WRONG, lol. If nobody posted it was because they didn't know how to fix what you were asking.. simple as... I have seen loads of people helping others with scripting.

....and stealing, this is an open forum, you post what you want people to see. If its seen, its FREE. If you want to keep some system secret you need to post only small parts that doesn't give things away.

On your error.. Search for this

D5205,26,44,25,44

in your script.. and just post that little section.. (from the [@****] to the place where the "D5205,26,44,25,44" is)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
On your error.. Search for this

D5205,26,44,25,44

in your script.. and just post that little section.. (from the [@****] to the place where the "D5205,26,44,25,44" is)

that isn't in the script, that was my char location at the time I killed the mob when testing the script. That is what puzzles me the most, why would the location matter? The only reference to location would be for the mapquest itself.

Upvote 0

dilina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2008
if that is a location then ur script part that takes the location its messed up ur location should be "map,X,Y" in that error its like ur on 4 coords in stad of only 2

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Search "MapSpell" because thats definately a map spell reference..

Somehow I think you may be incorrectly calling it from somewhere, although.. we have no idea as you won't show us anything..

D5205,26,44,25,44,,+d1, +t25, +h

i.e.

MapSpell [icewall] "snow,36,37,36,37, +d100, +t4, +h

Upvote 0