Heroes

smoochy boys on tour

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
I understand almost everything going on, except the ****ed up timeline. The "Future Timeline" as in the one that occured when they didnt save Clare doesnt make sense:

Basically shortly after Hiro landed in the future, the future Hiro said the point in time he had to go back to was the point in the train, but he never actually went back there, and then was killed at the end of the episode.

Despite this Clare is still alive in the future, and Sylar still has her power. The Theory that Sylar managed to get the part of her brain that has the power and she regenerated after doesn't make sense because without that part of her brain she cant regenerate.

Sylar has clare's power and has survived the stabbing by Hiro,and Clare is still alive. Peter can't have saved Clare, because he has a scar which he wouldn't have with her powers.

So "Future Hiro" can't actually get back to change the past, Clare has still been saved but peter doesn't have and Sylar does. It all kinda doesn't make sense :/

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I understand almost everything going on, except the ****ed up timeline. The "Future Timeline" as in the one that occured when they didnt save Clare doesnt make sense:

Basically shortly after Hiro landed in the future, the future Hiro said the point in time he had to go back to was the point in the train, but he never actually went back there, and then was killed at the end of the episode.

Despite this Clare is still alive in the future, and Sylar still has her power. The Theory that Sylar managed to get the part of her brain that has the power and she regenerated after doesn't make sense because without that part of her brain she cant regenerate.

Sylar has clare's power and has survived the stabbing by Hiro,and Clare is still alive. Peter can't have saved Clare, because he has a scar which he wouldn't have with her powers.

So "Future Hiro" can't actually get back to change the past, Clare has still been saved but peter doesn't have and Sylar does. It all kinda doesn't make sense :/

Do not bother to even attempt to understand timelines it will only result in your head exploding

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Do not bother to even attempt to understand timelines it will only result in your head exploding

TBQFH the following explains it, and adds a few additional things lol:

The "Future" that Hiro was in was a timeline formed from the moment he had teleported there. So in that future Clare had been saved, "Future Hiro" had already teleported back and told Peter to save Clare (hence how Mohinder remembered the time on the train). However Sylar was still alive because in the "past" Hiro had not stabbed him yet, which explains why Sylar was so desperate to stop that more than anything else.

However another school of thought is that Linderman was around to heal Sylar, seeing as Linderman wants the "Bomb" to happen, he would more than likely save Sylar if Sylar has something to do with the bomb going off.

As well as this, if Sylar is killed in the past then things will change again, iim pretty sure that "Future Hiro" says "Sylar is the one that causes the explosion" but doesn't actually refer to him directly as the person who explodes etc. Guess it will take next week to answer a few more of these things.

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
Its always tricky using timetravel as a plot device. There are so many unknowns and its easy to cause a paradox.

To clear some things up, Sylar didnt cause the explosion. It was Peter as we expected. Nathan covered it up and blamed Sylar when he became Govorner/President. Sylar killed the shapeshifter girl and took her powers, killed Nathan and took his power and face and has been acting as President ever since so he could get access to more powers, kill off all the other "Heroes" and be the most powerful man on earth.

The time travel thing gets hazy here. Past Hiro and Future Hiro are living on different timelines altogether. The theory around parallel universes is that if you were able to jump to the past/future and change something, the timeline would branch off and the old sequence of events whould continue in one timeline, and the changes would happen in the 2nd.

Future Hiro went to the past onto the train in one timeline to talk to Peter, but the changes didnt happen properly in his own timeline. Things got mixed up in the time between the bomb and 5 years later. Peter didnt save Claire and Sylar took her power to be able to survive Hiro killing him, but she is alive and future Sylar killed her again to take her power. This suggests again a timeline branching. Two Sylars at that point, one that did kill Claire, one that didnt. Thing is theres so many things that it doesnt explain, why is Claire alive if Sylar took her power to save himself from stabbing, and why does Peter have a scar if he did save Claire and took her power.. he should have healed.

Linderman could have saved Sylar but Sylar didnt have anything to do with the explosion. Maybe Sylar picks up another power along the way that allows him to survive the stab or ... meh, who knows

it was a good ep but they confused the more intelligent viewers by botching up the timeline story.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
dont you just wish time travel was actually possible so we could all understand heroes, and maybe go see a dinosaur afterwards!

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Its honestly quite simple, the future has only changed based on the evnts up to the point where Hiro teleported. Think of his teleporting as him accelerating himself along the timeline. Everything that happens is based on the point in time he is when he teleports. Seeing as Hiro is accelerating himself along he isn't performing the tasks he is supposed to (Killing Sylar) so Sylar is alive.

I also have the feeling that Sylar kills Nathan the day after the Election and probably Candice as well and takes his identity at that point. I also beleive that by doing this he is a "trigger" for peter exploding, and by killing him and stopping him "becoming" nathan, that it will stop/make it less likely peter is going to explode.

Also I dont think Hiro kills sylar as a trailer for the final 3 episodes hints that a girl called Molly is the only one capable of stopping him. (Molly was the little girl hidijg under the stairs in episode 2 who parkman saved)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
what was mollys power

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Also - anyone realised that he was shot - the future hiro - what if sylar does defeat peter then takes futures hiros brain. He could then time travel.

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
I wonder how long it took Peter to realise he could stop time etc. Its like the 2nd power (we assume) he ever assimilated, back on the subway.

Also I thought Hiro and Peter were friends in the future.. would't future Hiro know that it was Peter that exploded, not Sylar? If so then why would he tell past Peter to save Claire so Sylar could be killed, if it wasnt Sylar that caused Ando's death...

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Remember on the subway hiro talking about the time rift that could occur - maybe that is the explosion? Everyone meddling with time. Lol probably not but who knows with Heroes.

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
nah imho its just gonna be peter meets ted, then later sylar killing nathan gets him over upset and kaboom..

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
nah imho its just gonna be peter meets ted, then later sylar killing nathan gets him over upset and kaboom..

So far the only reason we think Peter is the one who explodes is because thats what Peter thinks.

Things cannot work according to the "visions" Peter is having because of the following:

1. In Peters vision, when he explodes he takes Nathan, Isaac (who is already dead by this point anyway) and someof the other heroes with him. In the future Nathan is alive as are some of the other.

2. Lets assume the vision is only partially accurate. Its entirely possible Sylar has killed Nathan and Candice before the explosion and is already posing as Nathan. Its entirely possible that Sylar is the one who explodes, and the explosion would take an effect on a lot of people. So Sylar now posing as Nathan can tell Peter it was him that caused the explosion. It would then be likely that he decides to stop stealing the majority of powers as he knows its overloading his own handling of them, and instead decides to kill all others with powers to make himself the only "Special One"

3. We've seen Ted get near critical mass before, and it looks nothing like the picture drawn by Isaac (episode where he was shot in bennets house).

I think Sylar is the one that explodes, but trickery and Peters own paranoia contribute to him thinking he is "the bomb" and that as a result of the explosion nobody would actually know anyway. Peter would probably pass out like he did before, and everyone else would suffer or get away from the explosion making it easy for peter to be blamed, and due to self healing automatically, Peter may never know himself.

Last edited:

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
So far the only reason we think Peter is the one who explodes is because thats what Peter thinks.

Things cannot work according to the "visions" Peter is having because of the following:

1. In Peters vision, when he explodes he takes Nathan, Isaac (who is already dead by this point anyway) and someof the other heroes with him. In the future Nathan is alive as are some of the other.

2. Lets assume the vision is only partially accurate. Its entirely possible Sylar has killed Nathan and Candice before the explosion and is already posing as Nathan. Its entirely possible that Sylar is the one who explodes, and the explosion would take an effect on a lot of people. So Sylar now posing as Nathan can tell Peter it was him that caused the explosion. It would then be likely that he decides to stop stealing the majority of powers as he knows its overloading his own handling of them, and instead decides to kill all others with powers to make himself the only "Special One"

3. We've seen Ted get near critical mass before, and it looks nothing like the picture drawn by Isaac (episode where he was shot in bennets house).

I think Sylar is the one that explodes, but trickery and Peters own paranoia contribute to him thinking he is "the bomb" and that as a result of the explosion nobody would actually know anyway. Peter would probably pass out like he did before, and everyone else would suffer or get away from the explosion making it easy for peter to be blamed, and due to self healing automatically, Peter may never know himself.

Well that and what we learnt in the future from Peter himself..

Also I dont think Ted was near critical mass at the Bennet's place. He was just sending out pulses of heat and radiation due to the pain from the bullet wound. An explosion would be much faster and, well, explosive. Similar to when he emitted the EMP to knock out the power at the paper factory. That was an 'spasmed arched back, fists clenched roar' kinda exlposion, burning bright, not hot...

I agree it wont happen the way Peter saw in his vision, but the future is changing as the Heroes progress even without them knowing it I think. The dream and Issac's paintings were visions of the future from that time, assuming events continued on their current path. Hiro darting back and forth in time has already set in motion changes to the predicted futures.

Nothing is set in stone yet.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
well the timeline thing wasn't revealed in episode 21 anyway, ending was pretty damn awesome though

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
Yeh todays episode was very good, anyone know when the season ends?

Oh and on a side note Emmile you were wrong, do you feel stupid? You sure look stupid.

emmille

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2007
Yeh todays episode was very good, anyone know when the season ends?

Oh and on a side note Emmile you were wrong, do you feel stupid? You sure look stupid.

ok sum up
hiro - dead
claire - dead
nathan - dead
mica - dead
dl - dead
bennet - dead
peter - possibly died at the end no one will ever know
ando - dead

the only one i see who didnt die was ms split personality, who is actually at this point in time more bad than good.
argue against that?

oh and for all those wondering

Episode 1.23: How to Stop an Exploding Man (Season finale)
Airdate: May 21, 2007

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
ok sum up
hiro - dead
claire - dead
nathan - dead
mica - dead
dl - dead
bennet - dead
peter - possibly died at the end no one will ever know
ando - dead

the only one i see who didnt die was ms split personality, who is actually at this point in time more bad than good.
argue against that?

oh and for all those wondering

Episode 1.23: How to Stop an Exploding Man (Season finale)
Airdate: May 21, 2007

Parkman - Alive
Peter - Alive at the end of the episode
Past Hiro - Alive
Nikki - Alive regardless

I could probably come up with a couple more if i episode 20 again.

emmille

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2007
Parkman - Alive
Peter - Alive at the end of the episode
Past Hiro - Alive
Nikki - Alive regardless

I could probably come up with a couple more if i episode 20 again.

you might need to watch it a few more times then.

End of episode parkman was in the hallway with Peter and Silar when they went at it, so i think its pretty safe to assume he died, especially after we saw everything that happened at the door.

Past Hiro and future Hiro are both the same person, so Hiro died. There is no proof if Peter lived or not.

Even if Peter survived thats still only 1 hero alive, im so sorry i was off by 1 person my bad but 11/12 or w/e it is aint bad.