How do many servers come still?

Join Discord

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
mhh yeah (iam not a english player hihihi i was a beta on ur server a member of my olymp guild was a mod on ur server if he still is i dunno) mhh and yes i have seen the advertisments mhh but there is only one think i can say to that kind of servers *lol " DONT THINK ABOUT IT " hihihihi it isnt it worth at all. My i was thinking about also if i put my server in it.... it will stay also longer as 3 days (we start 13 march) hehe but i havent the knowledge like u triton zedi and other i can bring him back to life if its crashing and i scripting here a bit and there a bit but much things i dunno at now hehe thats why i havent make that iam not a concurenz to servers that are up at present :)

u know what ill think mostly funny :) all the pps that stop to set it ups self and say come on make it for me and after all is running they say yeah i have one iam the best hihi or the joke with selling the server files like pepe had tried rofl

ill think we will see what the time will bring/show us much of the 2 days alife servers will come futhermore and go underground hehe

greetz

Ameno

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Awwww... you 2 could have spelt my name right!! idaBigA :)

I agree with Coly here ALOT, although I think the main reason most of the new servers are only going online is to make a quick bit of cash.

They have no real knowledge of making a server, I agree that we were all in this same position at one time but the difference is that we were willing to learn for ourselves and actually try and find out how and why things worked..

Just from the help that is given on these forum's you could easily make a top rate server, but these new servers are still being put up by people who can't even find out how to do the basic's (which are usually explained here anyway).

Sting out :)

P.S. Anyone answer my question in the Help section :P :)

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
@idaBigA ^^
@Amenovis I Know you and I have Play with you on Olymp for loooong Time ^^

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
lool how u said.... i havent read here some days the advertisments and what i see 2 servers and both high exp hihihi

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
i didnt read all the posts, so if anyone wrote what i am about to say i am sry.
1) new players in mir are kinda rare nowadays, sure its fun at the start to play mir even at 1xexp, but as the time passed, if u move from 1 server to the other, its a bit annoying to lvl all the way with 1x exp, so u ask for more and more exp, only server i would join as low exp is olymp, because i know it will stay online for a long time, i wouldnt go on a x1 exp new server, as it would be annoying just to lvl at the start and after a month to kill wt and server goes down...
2) most servers go down after a month, the server files are not built for x100 exp, e.g ur not seppose to be able to kill EE solo, and for sure not with warrior, ppls got used to kill bosses all the time, what make the gms close the server as its boring that ur players got nothing hard to do.
3) gms stay online too much at new servers, they waste thier energy on the server very fast, therefore the servers go down fast, would be nice to see some sort of tutors or observers, that dont have all the gms power, but they can track cheaters ect.
4) i would 100% sure join olymp if they would make a new fresh server, now its just too old to play, a new fresh server would be great.
5) the maps/monsters doesnt change over time, while the new gms get new abilities, new items ect, bosses was much harder at the start, they should be changed to be harder.
6) i HIGHLY agree with what u sayed about the ppls that open new servers and think they are GODS, its just dumb, they dont understand they are nothing but noobs.
7) the maps today are too small, its very very easy to get to a boss and kill him, takes 10-15 min to get to most of the bosses, and 2 mins to kill, what makes items cheap.
8) servers high exp life goes like that usually ->
a. new server lunched many ppls log in.
b. they find tons of bugs and gms hardly keep up to fix them
c. ppls get high lvl fast, killing bosses fast.
d. market get flooded with insane items, prices of items go down, bosses are being killed all the time, nothing to do.
e. hello pk server
f. gms who are already tired because they fixed bugs and wasted tons of energy on listening to ppls, get tired of the server and shut him down.
even if there was a 100% bugs free files, they would get bored of the files a bit slower, what would make it go even worse...

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
4) i would 100% sure join olymp if they would make a new fresh server, now its just too old to play, a new fresh server would be great.

actualy this has been recognized by the OST and will be considered though we already service a second non LoM title (Project A3) so a 3rd server based on Olymp LoM 3 would quite be alot of additional resources to spend

else i can only agree to the points u stated especialy with the fact LoM is by far not concepted to serve playerlevels higher than lets say 60 due to the limited server engine itself, the limited gamecontent, monAI, far to good items to get until 60 etc etc...most properly the chinese developed that odd reincarnation feature because of that...we tried to use it on Olymp as a rejuveration measure (substracting some playerlevels for each reincarnationlevel aka noble title) but players not realy like to sacrify levels even with the nice benefits of added stats and exp especialy in the higher level area in a low exp rate environment those only the medium and semi high leveled players use it...

and with LoM (after more than 7 years service - Olymp 4 years) generaly on the decline (just have a look at the new projects from wemade ;) ) peeps now tend to get the max out of it in the shortest time possible..who wonders hehe