Idea for a lowrate server, high rate exp.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
People are lazy because they have done it all before, and the fact that High Rates get more users than Low Rates proves what people want.

Doesnt matter if the stats are 1000+ or 100+ in terms of balance etc, but most people don't want to spend a week solid lvling to get 2 levels and then spend a week camping bosses to get a minimal increase in item stats.

The only Low Rate i'd play would be ben's, as it would probs be up long enough to actually get drops etc

I dont think I am gettign the point that gaining 0-2 dc can be the same as gaining 0-10 dc, depending on ac and hp of items/mobs/players.

if u have dc 2-2 you could 1 hit kill something... with 1 hp and no ac.

if u have dc 2000-2000 u wouldnt touch a mob with 6000-6000 ac and 65k hp.

I dont understand the logic of thinking small stats make no difference, its all relative to mobs defense and hp?

The only real differences it will make is spells like magic shield and firewall wont last forever.... which i prefer. and you wont reach stat caps on 2.3.

Maybe i should just give up -,-

/gw

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
@stratz

your wrong on so many points really, all servers can be fun, and long lasting, it all depends how they are made. And you commented that all highrates ppl have the exact same kit... if you log onto fourheroes ull see that there is hardly any 2 kits that are alike, there may be the odd couple of ppl that may have the exact same items, but they defo wont have the exact same amount of added stats - which makes them different.

There can be huge variety of items in high rate, because theres more stat room to play about with, that the main reason ppl prefer them i guess. And you also go thro the kits a lot faster, so your constantly progressing thro the game every day, rather than ona low rate it can be a bit slower and boring.

Its not that ppl are lazy, but that they have done it all before, they have grinded euro for months on end and not got a decent item, they dont wanna have to do that work on a private server that WILL NOT stay online, they want a faster gameplay, nearly every game out there atm offers a fast ish sort of game play, mir has got to be the slowest ive seen

"Basically what I am saying is, I agree with Toddwhite. Low stats actually makes fighting and hunting more fun/important. Low stats allows you to have to be hit more than once to die"

Again i didnt really get this either... fighting can be fun at any stats, low or high, ive jumped into some fights on 4heros where ppl have 2k dc, and its fun, and ive also played low rate were ppl had 100 stats, was fun also.
Hunting is fun/important on both, they both offer the same, yet different styles, again its down to how the server is made.. you can make grp areas on both low and high rate, same with solo caves, whats fun and important about low rate that high isnt?
And you have to be hit just the same amount on a high rate as u do low lol...

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
@stratz

your wrong on so many points really, all servers can be fun, and long lasting, it all depends how they are made. And you commented that all highrates ppl have the exact same kit... if you log onto fourheroes ull see that there is hardly any 2 kits that are alike, there may be the odd couple of ppl that may have the exact same items, but they defo wont have the exact same amount of added stats - which makes them different.

There can be huge variety of items in high rate, because theres more stat room to play about with, that the main reason ppl prefer them i guess. And you also go thro the kits a lot faster, so your constantly progressing thro the game every day, rather than ona low rate it can be a bit slower and boring.

Its not that ppl are lazy, but that they have done it all before, they have grinded euro for months on end and not got a decent item, they dont wanna have to do that work on a private server that WILL NOT stay online, they want a faster gameplay, nearly every game out there atm offers a fast ish sort of game play, mir has got to be the slowest ive seen

"Basically what I am saying is, I agree with Toddwhite. Low stats actually makes fighting and hunting more fun/important. Low stats allows you to have to be hit more than once to die"

Again i didnt really get this either... fighting can be fun at any stats, low or high, ive jumped into some fights on 4heros where ppl have 2k dc, and its fun, and ive also played low rate were ppl had 100 stats, was fun also.
Hunting is fun/important on both, they both offer the same, yet different styles, again its down to how the server is made.. you can make grp areas on both low and high rate, same with solo caves, whats fun and important about low rate that high isnt?
And you have to be hit just the same amount on a high rate as u do low lol...

yeh this is my point, u can be hit 5 times with 10000 dc or 20 dc.... but with lower stats it means spells liek firewall dont last 10 years, poison doesnt last forever... etc etc. and it would give that low rate ish feel without people taking ages to lvl and ultimately getting bored.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I am sorry if I either repeat or argue bout something that wasn't brought up because I did not read all of the posts. But I read some people saying that only high rate servers are fun and what not. That's such bull. Cause high rate servers are all the same. You get 200+ in hours worth of playing and all the kits are the same. How is fighting someone who has the exact same kit and same lvl all the time no matter how much longer you been playing any fun?

Most of you guys seem to be talkin bout how stats are on items. And people only seem to think DC20-100 stats or better is the only way to go yet what he is sayin is, if you have people at levels 35-45 with normal iron armour and a great axe and such which was like ac0-8 amc 0-6(estimated guess) and the great axe was DC8-26(estimated guess). How is that really any different from being lvl 250 with dc500-1200? All that's really different is it higher and hurts more, which takes away having skills in pvping, hunting bosses with group/friends/guild, not being able to solo bosses.

I will say this. Today's mir players are soo ****in lazy that they don't want to spend couple of days of hunting to get a really good item. They want to be able to get the best items, the maximum level possible, within a whole days worth of playing. And that is what makes mir sooo boring. Not the old style of mir. The old style of mir you always had somethign to do cause it was so hard to kill bosses by y ourself, it was hard to get items, and it was valuable to fight for a boss that spawned not every 5 minutes, but actually took an hour or two maybe more to spawn. It's the fact people don't like that because they are lazy once again, and want to be able to do every single thing on the server by themselves. They want to be able to kill anyone by themselves, any mob/boss by themselves and thats just way tooo boring of a server cause your always gonna be by yourself.

As for balancing a server.... will never happen. You can not balance a wizzy fighting a warrior or a tao fighting a warrior or wizzy fighting a tao. They all have advantages and disadvantages. That's the way it should be, otherwise everyone is gonna be the same class. Why would you want to run a server with everyone a wizzy or everyone a warrior or everyone a tao? That's just down right retarded.

Basically what I am saying is, I agree with Toddwhite. Low stats actually makes fighting and hunting more fun/important. Low stats allows you to have to be hit more than once to die.

What a load of bull.

1)This thread if you read it prolly is about item stats and not about exp rate.If you read carefully GW mentions high rate exp.

2)Rate of a server and laziness are irrelevant.Who exactly told you lvl0-250 and getting best kit on a high rate is easier than lvl0-45 and best kit on a euro clone or on a low rate server neway?It might even take more time since usually no1 bothers with a **** low rate server while on a proper high rate you have tons of competition.

The whole lazy **** is utter bull.If you notice on every med/high rate its always the same ppl on top, the same ppl with average kits and the same ppl being noobs and moaning about this and that being hard.So why exactly some1 that plays a high rate and geeks it really hard is a lazy person?Specially if he does that on 5 servers a year?

Balanced pvp on a low rate?With 2.3 files?Ye right.With euro stats any lvl43 war can 1hit a lvl43 wiz.Only balanced server i played is FH between servers 160-180.

Like ppl mentioned euro clones fail cause like it or not euro was a **** server with barely nething to do online, without body drops and just succeeded cause it had huge usercount for being the only mir option.On euro towards the end it was much easier to get lvl45 ish with good ish kit compared to many "lazy" high rates.

N1 writing a whole essay talking crap thinking you know everything about mir while i doubt any1 even knows you.

Stratz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2009
Orlando, Florida
Yes Bon I agree on what you say yet all your using is the server Fourheroes as an example. Any other server really, you all have same items and solo bosses left and right.

But nvm, apparently because I'm not a completel nerd at mir I am unable to speak my opinion and say things bout how I think servers are and how things are going. I will just shut up and keep my comments/ideas to myself.

Last edited:

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
What a load of bull.

1)This thread if you read it prolly is about item stats and not about exp rate.If you read carefully GW mentions high rate exp.

2)Rate of a server and laziness are irrelevant.Who exactly told you lvl0-250 and getting best kit on a high rate is easier than lvl0-45 and best kit on a euro clone or on a low rate server neway?It might even take more time since usually no1 bothers with a **** low rate server while on a proper high rate you have tons of competition.

The whole lazy **** is utter bull.If you notice on every med/high rate its always the same ppl on top, the same ppl with average kits and the same ppl being noobs and moaning about this and that being hard.So why exactly some1 that plays a high rate and geeks it really hard is a lazy person?Specially if he does that on 5 servers a year?

Balanced pvp on a low rate?With 2.3 files?Ye right.With euro stats any lvl43 war can 1hit a lvl43 wiz.Only balanced server i played is FH between servers 160-180.

Like ppl mentioned euro clones fail cause like it or not euro was a **** server with barely nething to do online, without body drops and just succeeded cause it had huge usercount for being the only mir option.On euro towards the end it was much easier to get lvl45 ish with good ish kit compared to many "lazy" high rates.

N1 writing a whole essay talking crap thinking you know everything about mir while i doubt any1 even knows you.

lvl 43 warrs didnt 1 hit lvl 43 wizz in equivalent kits.

and a lvl 3 ff wizz in uber kit was the overpowered char if anything on euro, for pvp anyways.

/gw

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
Yes Bon I agree on what you say yet all your using is the server Fourheroes as an example. Any other server really, you all have same items and solo bosses left and right.

But nvm, apparently because I'm not a completel nerd at mir I am unable to speak my opinion and say things bout how I think servers are and how things are going. I will just shut up and keep my comments/ideas to myself.

people on lomcn that have posted alot seem to think they are better than the rest of us. Which is ironic tbh.

sorry if this is a double post i went out mid post.

/gw

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
unfortunatly stratz hes somewhat right.

u say there was loads of things to do on euro, but your kinda wrong.. a lot levelin? thats stupid, theres a lot of levelin to do on every server lol.
a lot of pvpin..... again silly statement, theres pvp on every server lol.
a lot of hunting? theres actually a lot more caves and places to hunt on priv servers than there is on euro, what was there to hunt on euro? MTK ZT BL OKS every 3hours if u had a decent guild.. what did u do in between that? nothing really, bordom.

also on 2.3 files a warrior can basically 1hit a wizard, because fs/tdb is OP. even on euro tho, with my dc and lk+9, i could 1hit fs a wiz, so ye, true on euro also. But thing is it all depends on what we're actually goin on about.. are we talkin TDs files, euro, pro rings, what.. its a stupid arguement really.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
unfortunatly stratz hes somewhat right.

u say there was loads of things to do on euro, but your kinda wrong.. a lot levelin? thats stupid, theres a lot of levelin to do on every server lol.
a lot of pvpin..... again silly statement, theres pvp on every server lol.
a lot of hunting? theres actually a lot more caves and places to hunt on priv servers than there is on euro, what was there to hunt on euro? MTK ZT BL OKS every 3hours if u had a decent guild.. what did u do in between that? nothing really, bordom.

also on 2.3 files a warrior can basically 1hit a wizard, because fs/tdb is OP. even on euro tho, with my dc and lk+9, i could 1hit fs a wiz, so ye, true on euro also. But thing is it all depends on what we're actually goin on about.. are we talkin TDs files, euro, pro rings, what.. its a stupid arguement really.

Were talking making a server that has loads of caves etc justl iek fourheroes, but high leveling rates with lower stats.

basically so spells dont get silly, and gives it that Lowrate feel.

I mean a server where exp wasnt a drag but there was no need for para's pros, etc woudl be awesome.

Firewall and poison lasting so long, warriors wiith 2k pa and slow soloing everything....

i justthink lowrate stats are better but high rate exp, so why not combine the two with medium rate drops.

/gw

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Were talking making a server that has loads of caves etc justl iek fourheroes, but high leveling rates with lower stats.

basically so spells dont get silly, and gives it that Lowrate feel.

I mean a server where exp wasnt a drag but there was no need for para's pros, etc woudl be awesome.

Firewall and poison lasting so long, warriors wiith 2k pa and slow soloing everything....

i justthink lowrate stats are better but high rate exp, so why not combine the two with medium rate drops.

/gw

Say you do a low stat server with tons of caves.
Question.Which 1 would you camp?
1)Wt that drops dc0-5 kit pretty easy
2)Iwt that drops dc0-6 kit not that hard
3)Mtk that drops dc1-6 kit sorta rare
4)OK that drops dc1-7 kit rare

Now same question with a high stat server

1)Wt drops ac/amc2-2 dc3-5
2)Iwt ac/amc2-4 dc3-8
3)Mtk ac/amc4-7 dc5-12
4)Ok ac/amc5-10 dc8-15
Same rarities as above

Obv its stupid example but do u get my point lol?You see that on a high rate due to OK kit being really better than the previous kits it would worth hunting it while on a low stat server you might as well dont bother with it since it would be 10x harder?(even if items had same rates off ne boss)

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
Say you do a low stat server with tons of caves.
Question.Which 1 would you camp?
1)Wt that drops dc0-5 kit pretty easy
2)Iwt that drops dc0-6 kit not that hard
3)Mtk that drops dc1-6 kit sorta rare
4)OK that drops dc1-7 kit rare

Obv its stupid example but do u get my point lol?

well thats the same as a highrate?

I normally get a boss list sorted, and hunt the same circle of bosses over and over in a routine, tryingto catch as many spawns as possible whilst killing ppl on the way....

I'll do a detailed example so hopefully you understand

Kit A

dc 0-1 ring x2
ac 0-1 amc 0-1 braces x2
necklace dc 1-2
weapon dc 3-9
armour ac 1-5 amc 1-2
helmet ac 1-1 amc 0-1
stone dc 0-1

Total= dc 3-14 Ac 2-8 amc 1-4

Kit B -

dc 0-2 ring x2
ac 1-1 amc 0-2 brace x2
necklace dc 1-3
Weapon 4-12
armour ac 2-7 amc 2-3
Helmet ac 1-3 amc 0-1
stone dc 1-1

Total- Dc 6-20 AC 4-12 amc 2-8

Now kit B would be the next kit up, and you would have the extra hp from levelling.

Kit B would kick the **** outta kit A. Do i need to prove a way adding 5-10 stats per item would barely make a difference or do you understand?

/gw

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Your example is retarded.That sort of stat jumps only happen at lvl1 and lvl10 kit lol.

If you notice kit B 50% stats more lol.

If there are say 8 kits and that A and B you posted here are the kits 1-2 do you realise that if 7th kit has (i could calculate exactly wot it would be using ur formula but im in a hurry here so will just post a guess) DC180 ac/amc70 then 8th kit would have DC270 ac/amc105 lol?Thats by using the nice formula u used on ur uber example.

Even on highest rates that doesnt happen lol.Let alone on a low stat server you have in mind...

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
Your example is retarded.That sort of stat jumps only happen at lvl1 and lvl10 kit lol.

If you notice kit B 50% stats more lol.

If there are say 8 kits and that A and B you posted here are the kits 1-2 do you realise that if 7th kit has (i could calculate exactly wot it would be using ur formula but im in a hurry here so will just post a guess) DC180 ac/amc70 then 8th kit would have DC270 ac/amc105 lol?Thats by using the nice formula u used on ur uber example.

Even on highest rates that doesnt happen lol.Let alone on a low stat server you have in mind...

ok

As the levels and kit progress you do add a little more, for example difference between power axe and great axe on euro was 0-6. and 6 levels

difference between DSS and SOWG was 1-10 and only 3 levels.

I feel like I am talking to someone purposely just trying to wind me up, do you really have these views or is it a joke?

/gw

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
sowg was unbalance on euro in all honesty, as if u refer to the korean weapons, the level 45 and 50 etc weaps were like dc44 and dc48 etc.

the whole reason sowg was oly lvl 43 but high stats, was because it was a super super rare (before the event ne way) item and the low level was part of its rarity

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

didnt see this reply

i always use fourheroes, or my own servers as an example because they are my servers, and i consider the best around. I dont compare it to some half arsed server cause thats what they are.

also no1 said your comments or ideas are not valid or matter... its just a discussion.. no1s really right or wrong

there is no such thing as the PERFECT server.. as no 2 ppl are alike, every1 has different opinions on stuff

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
ok

As the levels and kit progress you do add a little more, for example difference between power axe and great axe on euro was 0-6. and 6 levels

difference between DSS and SOWG was 1-10 and only 3 levels.

I feel like I am talking to someone purposely just trying to wind me up, do you really have these views or is it a joke?

/gw

Imo you made a thread to just start a chat.I doubt you really care if any1 makes a server like that or not.So im just...chatting.

Not really trying to wind you up.I just disagree with you on the whole concept.
My ideal server has TONS of items that have different stats so that boss hunting worths it.On a low stat server this just aint possible.So i find it kinda stupid for some1 to make a low stat server when like you said high stats and low stats CAN have the same effect.

Only problems are really FW poisonning and Curse.And all of these can be solved.
1)Limit FW use in specific lvling places.
2)Cap curse at lvl1.
3)Give ppl lvl1 puri.That way if some1 is cursed/poisonned he wouldnt be able to puri in middle of fight but he could once he tted without having to wait 2mins for curse to wear off or 2hrs for poison...

All these tweaks have been used in many servers.So why just use em along with high stats to gain a huge variaty in items?

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
Imo you made a thread to just start a chat.I doubt you really care if any1 makes a server like that or not.So im just...chatting.

Not really trying to wind you up.I just disagree with you on the whole concept.
My ideal server has TONS of items that have different stats so that boss hunting worths it.On a low stat server this just aint possible.So i find it kinda stupid for some1 to make a low stat server when like you said high stats and low stats CAN have the same effect.

Only problems are really FW poisonning and Curse.And all of these can be solved.
1)Limit FW use in specific lvling places.
2)Cap curse at lvl1.
3)Give ppl lvl1 puri.That way if some1 is cursed/poisonned he wouldnt be able to puri in middle of fight but he could once he tted without having to wait 2mins for curse to wear off or 2hrs for poison...

All these tweaks have been used in many servers.So why just use em along with high stats to gain a huge variaty in items?

high rates are normally far easier imo.

Its hard to make a boss not killable by 3 people on a highrate, weres its the reverse on a lowrate.

I just prefer the lowrate feel to a server it feels more balanced.

a main issue with servers these days is wizz just firewall spamming. with low mc firewall spam is an option but its like the only spell u can cast, on high rates u cast fw and it stays up so long (thats what she said) that u can ff and met etc too.

/gw

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
What are you on about? why is it easier to make boss's killable in groups on a low rate than high rate?

4heros has made boss's that take like grps of 6+ to kill, evilmir/spiderlord u had to take a fair few ppl 2 kill... courage boss's is the same now, cause of fights aswell as the boss.

its just stats, u can make any boss grpable .. low or high rate

also u will eventually get FF and met on a low rate, so dunno why ur mentioning that

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
What are you on about? why is it easier to make boss's killable in groups on a low rate than high rate?

4heros has made boss's that take like grps of 6+ to kill, evilmir/spiderlord u had to take a fair few ppl 2 kill... courage boss's is the same now, cause of fights aswell as the boss.

its just stats, u can make any boss grpable .. low or high rate

also u will eventually get FF and met on a low rate, so dunno why ur mentioning that

because on a lowrate firewall lasts like 15 seconds, so if u wanna fw spam thats all u can do.

high rate it can last over a minute, so u can fw spam, then ff and met?

Dno, high rates always seem easier to kill bosses, i know your point but i think its down to things like shiled lasting longer and pro rings its harder to actually die on highrates. I mean on fourheroes and oldskool i literally never died, not an exageration its just so easy to TT before losing 20k mp and hp.

bosses dont come out of curse /slow / poison and rape ppl like they do on lowrates. Its like less hectic i find because spells last so much longer you have less hard stuff to do, i mean a tao buff lasts 20 minutes on a highrate... 2 minutes on a lowrate, so you gotta keep doing stuff.

It's a matter of opinion but i just find lowrates more challenging.

/gw