Legend of Mir: Affinity Open Beta

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
So noone noticed in close beta that Ancient Oma Cave gives 6x more exp than mines or WT cave or Insect cave and its easier and Ancient WT gives 20x more exp than those caves?
Noone noticed that u afk lvl with pets on those caves?
So whats exactly the point of any cave but Ancient ones?

Cant say whether the server is good or bad. Can tell azzie has used a lot of time on it but he is gimping his server with those Ancient caves and the pets.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
So noone noticed in close beta that Ancient Oma Cave gives 6x more exp than mines or WT cave or Insect cave and its easier and Ancient WT gives 20x more exp than those caves?
Noone noticed that u afk lvl with pets on those caves?
So whats exactly the point of any cave but Ancient ones?

Cant say whether the server is good or bad. Can tell azzie has used a lot of time on it but he is gimping his server with those Ancient caves and the pets.

The ancient caves are mainly aimed at leveling from 1-40 thats what they were designed for.

You can afk level but I am not promoting this and would not like to see it.. but once you hit the cap.. You will be tele'd out

No archers or sins.

But I am looking for future updates to bring new classes in.

Also as another note - The login screen will be changed also

Thankyou for the feedback

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
So every cave thats in game aimed for lvl1-40 lvls is basicly useless and thats fine by you?

My question is....WHY? Why not just make the normal caves give the sort of exp the Ancient gives give more or less without making 90% of the content useless?

Why couldnt normal OC give 2k exp, mines give 2.5k exp etc etc so that we could use the actual caves which have quests, variety etc etc but instead whole server will be in 3 caves for lvl1-40....

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
So every cave thats in game aimed for lvl1-40 lvls is basicly useless and thats fine by you?

My question is....WHY? Why not just make the normal caves give the sort of exp the Ancient gives give more or less without making 90% of the content useless?

Why couldnt normal OC give 2k exp, mines give 2.5k exp etc etc so that we could use the actual caves which have quests, variety etc etc but instead whole server will be in 3 caves for lvl1-40....

I never said that they are useless, believe me they have their uses. But im not going to let on to that :) Thats you guys job to find out :)

Don't assume their are useless without fully going over the caves.

:)

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Yeap you never said they are useless i did. The riddles are great and all but when there is an easy cave giving 4k exp and another that gives 17k exp trust me i dont care if zombies drop mir rings 1/1 when they give 600 exp or wooma mobs give 900 exp....

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Just bare in mind aswell, Ancient caves are only accesible during those levels. Once you aren't that level. Those caves are redundant and you cannot access them again.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Yeap.

So i do lvl1-22 in AOC
lvl22-33 in AWT
lvl33-40 in AST
lvl40+ AZT and APSC

without having the need to step in a single other cave.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
I wouldnt really want to level in AZT or APSC at 40+.

The ancient caves change anyway. Just because your in the low level ones, doesnt mean your going to want to stay in the higher ones.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I just dont find the point in creating like 7-10 caves with quests, mob stats, drop files etc which are aimed for lvl1-33 then put in 2 super exp caves and destroy the point in those caves to....help ppl lvl up lol. If you dont like the rate ppl are leveling up just...up the exp in those 7-10 caves?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Thoughts:

Why not just remove the drops from ancient caves? make it purely an exp cave. Nothing else (cept the boss)

This way people need to get their books, mediocre items from the normal caves.

I do not fancy lvling like we've done before a thousand and one times as squall seems to want in the old caves (bc, mines, serpant) as those are still useful for bosses, but perhaps force us to hunt the mobs for standard drops.

but frankly, it's Mir. We've played it for years and years. No matter what you do, people are going to find the cave that is THE most time-effective at levelling and stay there, making any other cave useless.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
No i honestly dont want the old caves. Im Mitsos so you know how much i despise euro mir caves. But then again when you have put the effort even to update the minimap with caves aimed at XX lvl i would guess these caves are supposed to have a purpose?

Im also not a fun of splitting the caves between leveling caves and drop caves. Thats a plain stupid idea. Why would i ever go to mines for example on this server where 300 zombies= 1 AWT mob no matter what they drop? After all i would outlvl those items within...2hrs max?
Mobs' exp and drops should reflect their difficulty. Thats it. Neither high exp nor high drop mobs according to their difficulty else what kori says will happen.

Remove Ancient caves.
Remove pets.
Adjust exp in the caves so that the exp rate is satisfying for you.

Anything else is retarded and no matter what you say wont justify it.

Im saying that for your own sake/server's sake. Its your call to listen to what is right or just end up like galaxy. I dont give a flying fu ck if the server YOU wasted time on fails like 99% of the servers do.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Im saying that for your own sake/server's sake. Its your call to listen to what is right or just end up like galaxy. I dont give a flying fu ck if the server YOU wasted time on fails like 99% of the servers do.

Squall, the terrorist of Mir servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.