[Approved] Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
The sever has been running with luck 7 100% output for two years. People who moan about it are most likely these do not have luck 7 and It was never easy to reach luck 7.

If luck 7 effects is removed. Server will be shocked and die very soon.

Mir is a competition and challenging game, Not a carebear game. If you moan about luck 7, make one and then talk.

For me, ones are losers when they talk **** about something they do not know completely.

Merry Christmas
Nobody

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

What you don't seem to be taking in, it was bugged for 2 years meaning it needs to be put right.

Merry Christmas.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
What you don't seem to be taking in, it was bugged for 2 years meaning it needs to be put right.

Merry Christmas.

BeerNMoney has hit the nail on the head tbh...

If it was originally intended for Luck+7 to do max damage on every hit, then I wouldn't change it now... But even in the code you can see that it was intended to do give a 50% chance of hitting max damage, which makes this a bug in my eyes.

Sam

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
So 2 years into your server you were unaware L7 gave 100% output? ****ing hell. What exactly did you think people were moaning for all this time? Unreal.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I think its more that he knew but didnt change it after as once its out there its hard to take back.

I kinda agree. Everyone benefits/suffers equally from it (everyone has the ability to get l7, through whatever route) But likewise, changing it also effects everyone too... so it shouldnt be an issue.

MirinBrah?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2014
sam fixing this only has an adverse effect on the 10-12 with luck 7 but benefits the 180 without luck 7 sam would be mad not to fix this bug

will also help with the one-two hitting people in pvp

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
So 2 years into your server you were unaware L7 gave 100% output? ****ing hell. What exactly did you think people were moaning for all this time? Unreal.

I genuinely thought the moans were about being able to get luck 7 so easily not that once you got it you had 100% damage...it was only when Tai said about luck 9 that it clicked.

Sam

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I genuinely thought the moans were about being able to get luck 7 so easily not that once you got it you had 100% damage...it was only when Tai said about luck 9 that it clicked.

Sam
That's dog **** Samuel, 2 years there has been many threads pointing out max 7 was giving max damage every hit, just shows how much you listen to your players, we told you this back when banshee n that other sin had them at the start.

rainstone

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 10, 2014
Same reason as you can not change archer from DC to MC
you may not change it now.

Many things are out of your head now.

You have to think through for whatever you are going to do.

50% pvp globally can be a solution
BeerNMoney has hit the nail on the head tbh...

If it was originally intended for Luck+7 to do max damage on every hit, then I wouldn't change it now... But even in the code you can see that it was intended to do give a 50% chance of hitting max damage, which makes this a bug in my eyes.

Sam

Raider

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 26, 2003

Sam

Thing is, 7luck isn't easy to obtain and it has been left like this for to long for it to change, people have invested so much money into making lucked weapons and buying heaven armours it would be a massive blow to the server. Not to mention that benediction oils are the core driver of your economy. I have always advocated to keep the luck system in its current state even before I got it myself, you can not change such major goal posts this late into the server.

Tai is right that luck9 was the maximum luck by default on euro mir, but there have been plenty of servers that differ from this and have luck 100 as the maximum. The actual number which is required to get maximum luck is not the issue, it is all about how difficult it is to obtain, currently its very hard to obtain and most of those that do have it use really bad weapons in order to obtain it.

This subject needs a lot of debate and thought gone into before any changes are made in my opinion.

/Xele

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Lets be real Xele, L7 is broken. Even your glorious return forced you to turn on your "mir friends" (Please dont make me post PMs) and seek easier access to a GIVEN L7 weapon.

Sam knows now, as appalling as it is, that its broken, the bug needs fixing, and it should be corrected.

It will be a real test to Samuels legitimacy weather he wants a ****ed server that lives X amount of years filling his pockets (cause thats how itll be seen after this) or a server that is just and 'bug free' and does the right thing.

But in all honesty, im still absolutely stunned that Samuel actually didnt know that his own 2 year old server was offering 1/1 damage output on a stat soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo widely refuted.

I always thought, though ignorant, he was pretty professional etc, but after this, ill never play one of his servers again. Probably doesnt care.

Sorry. Shocking oversight.

Raider

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 26, 2003
Lets be real Xele, L7 is broken. Even your glorious return forced you to turn on your "mir friends" (Please dont make me post PMs) and seek easier access to a GIVEN L7 weapon.

Sam knows now, as appalling as it is, that its broken, the bug needs fixing, and it should be corrected.

It will be a real test to Samuels legitimacy weather he wants a ****ed server that lives X amount of years filling his pockets (cause thats how itll be seen after this) or a server that is just and 'bug free' and does the right thing.

But in all honesty, im still absolutely stunned that Samuel actually didnt know that his own 2 year old server was offering 1/1 damage output on a stat soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo widely refuted.

I always thought, though ignorant, he was pretty professional etc, but after this, ill never play one of his servers again. Probably doesnt care.

Sorry. Shocking oversight.

You played with luck7 for months and always thought it was alright...

/Xele

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Thing is, 7luck isn't easy to obtain and it has been left like this for to long for it to change, people have invested so much money into making lucked weapons and buying heaven armours it would be a massive blow to the server. Not to mention that benediction oils are the core driver of your economy. I have always advocated to keep the luck system in its current state even before I got it myself, you can not change such major goal posts this late into the server.

Tai is right that luck9 was the maximum luck by default on euro mir, but there have been plenty of servers that differ from this and have luck 100 as the maximum. The actual number which is required to get maximum luck is not the issue, it is all about how difficult it is to obtain, currently its very hard to obtain and most of those that do have it use really bad weapons in order to obtain it.

This subject needs a lot of debate and thought gone into before any changes are made in my opinion.

/Xele

Personally I've never said get rid of the ability to gain 100% max damage if that's what maximum luck is designed to give, I don't play any more so it's not for me to judge what's balanced or not. But I do believe it should require luck 9 like euro based on the relative number that have acquired current luck 7; meaning you need the armour and necklace to make it work. If you say it requires debate, well what are the arguments against this?

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
I played with it and knew it was broken. I could kill a group of 5, all higher level than me regularly. That is never right when im not even faster than them. Iv also lost L7, and spent billions trying to recover it. Which only emphasises that the elite are the ONLY ones that can achieve it, making it even more ****ed.

Said 'elite' get their advantage from playing more often, this isnt needed to be exacerbated by being awarded easier access to relative immortality.

As an ambassador for balance and equality i thought youd appreciate this.... But you have a given L7 weapon so, guess it clouds judgement huh.

Raider

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 26, 2003
Personally I've never said get rid of the ability to gain 100% max damage if that's what maximum luck is designed to give, I don't play any more so it's not for me to judge what's balanced or not. But I do believe it should require luck 9 like euro based on the relative number that have acquired current luck 7; meaning you need the armour and necklace to make it work. If you say it requires debate, well what are the arguments against this?
The only argument I would have against this is that luck necklaces are not readily available like they were on euro.

/Xele

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
That is irrelevant. There are 4 L1 necks that i know about ingame anyway.

L1 AMC+1 Precision Necklace that i had, that jeras now owns,
L1 bamboo necklace that Hercules had (maybe on banned account)
L1 necklace that LordOfWar had (banned account)
L1 Amethyst Neck that CNtrouble/euro/sleep has.

Im sure there are more.

Again, irrelevant. Max hit shouldnt be a factor. Mir is based on RNG, so why should anything be 1/1. There would be uproar if someone had drop files down to 1/1. Should be no different to damage.

You bring necks up, i achieve L5 several dozen times and i spent enough on benes to buy a L1 neck and a HA in search of L7 on a weap.

Fact is 95% of the server get 95% of the good drops/bosses. So they get access to the resale of items for more benes on top of their bene drops. So L7 only breeds more L7.

The average player has near no chance (I go on record saying NONE) on achieving this.

Raider

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 26, 2003
There are better ways to deal with it rather than ruining peoples hard work by getting rid of luck7 being maximum.

/Xele

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Ruining hard work, or correcting a bug? Thats essentially been exploited?

Luck countering works. Providing it goes down to a maximum reduction of L0. To prevent a L7 vs L0 being L7 v Curse7.

MirinBrah?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2014
Ruining hard work, or correcting a bug? Thats essentially been exploited?

Luck countering works. Providing it goes down to a maximum reduction of L0. To prevent a L7 vs L0 being L7 v Curse7.

Sam cant back out now he said it is a bug , has stated what should be happening and said he will fix it so it is a 50/50 chance

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
There are better ways to deal with it rather than ruining peoples hard work by getting rid of luck7 being maximum.

/Xele

They ain't ruining anything, they are fixing a bug. Every bug should be fixed no matter how long it has been active.