[Approved] Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Lets be real Xele, L7 is broken. Even your glorious return forced you to turn on your "mir friends" (Please dont make me post PMs) and seek easier access to a GIVEN L7 weapon.

Sam knows now, as appalling as it is, that its broken, the bug needs fixing, and it should be corrected.

It will be a real test to Samuels legitimacy weather he wants a ****ed server that lives X amount of years filling his pockets (cause thats how itll be seen after this) or a server that is just and 'bug free' and does the right thing.

But in all honesty, im still absolutely stunned that Samuel actually didnt know that his own 2 year old server was offering 1/1 damage output on a stat soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo widely refuted.

I always thought, though ignorant, he was pretty professional etc, but after this, ill never play one of his servers again. Probably doesnt care.

Sorry. Shocking oversight.

Unfortunately I am only human and with the hundreds upon hundreds of defects we have already fixed we were bound to find one that slipped through... However I can't find a post that specifically identifies this issue, not on the new forums (which we have been on for 8 months).

I believe this to be a bug, it was never intended to do what it is currently doing and therefore it will be fixed, the effect actually isn't as drastic as it sounds, it does mean the likely hood of one hitting in pvp is reduced though.

Sam

---------- Post Merged at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:24 AM ----------

This doesnt work...

Full Client Mirror (Thanks you Ripman): http://patch.legendofmir.eu/mir2/MirChronicles.rar

Thanks for letting us know. You can use the auto patcher to grab the client, I am going to upload a full client today though.

Sam

rainstone

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 10, 2014
To reduce one hit, simply apply global PVP 50 % reduce.
Less pain for luck7 player.

I am happy that i left.

You are a crazy GM using your own limited resource to test your hypothesis.

Pathetic
it does mean the likely hood of one hitting in pvp is reduced though.

Sam

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

I am happy that i left.

Pathetic

Or he could fix the bug.

rainstone

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 10, 2014
First of all, are you playing this server or not? if not, then SHUT the **** UP. Because you do not know what is going on on this server nowadays.

I hate people with big mouth and stupid simple logic - bug and fix and problem solve without investigation.

Or he could fix the bug.

The big problem of this server is NOT luck7 100% max output damage.

It is some players can ONE HIT another player within less than 1 sec. Therefore, players can not have the react time to defense himself.

My suggestion would be Reducing PVP damage 50%-70%.

Because adjusting luck 7 now is a negative influence on this server and I do not know how many negative influences your server can take nowadays. Better keeping everything under control.

So by solving ONE HIT problem. let's have a look at max output damage first.

Take Toriblack level 60 sin for example, highest damage sin in the server.

Toriblack may have 120 dc with his luck 6 43 blades with luck 1 HA (luck7 100% max damage).

His normal output damage is 120*1.5*2=360.

He can do twice hit with speed 8 in a sec. So he can do 720 damage within a sec.

Skills bones:
fatal and Hem is around 1.5 times damage respectively with 25% roughly chance.
So 720 * 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.25 * 1.25= 2531.25 in a sec.
Let's say he can do 2500 in a sec.

So who can take 2000 damage in a sec? Not even a level 60 warrior with his around 1500 HP <2500

Maybe wiz can do better? Because wiz have magicshield that reduce 70% damage.

A level 59 wiz could reach around 450 HP with help of kit and other drugs. Let's say best wiz can reach 500 HP. So max damage he can take is 500 / (1-70%) = 1666.7 < 2500

The conclusion is nobody can take toriblack's damage which is around 2500 in a sec. Moreover, with the help of slow, you stand no chance to survive.

Let's say you apply your idea that make luck7 50% change output max damage. It may reduce the change of ONE HIT. However, ONE HIT still exist.

But by applying global reducing 70% PVP damage could solve ONE HIT problem 100%
. Because Even Best Sin can only do 2500 * 30% = 750 damage in a sec, which is still high. but at least Provide players 2-3 sec to react: RT or TT or SS or SD, etc. But if he decide to defense, then it his own risk to drop his kit if he die.

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
First of all, are you playing this server or not? if not, then SHUT the **** UP. Because you do not know what is going on on this server nowadays.

I hate people with big mouth and stupid simple logic - bug and fix and problem solve without investigation.

The big problem of this server is NOT luck7 100% max output damage.

It is some players can ONE HIT another player within less than 1 sec. Therefore, players can not have the react time to defense himself.

My suggestion would be Reducing PVP damage 50%-70%.

Because adjusting luck 7 now is a negative influence on this server and I do not know how many negative influences your server can take nowadays. Better keeping everything under control.

So by solving ONE HIT problem. let's have a look at max output damage first.

Take Toriblack level 60 sin for example, highest damage sin in the server.

Toriblack may have 120 dc with his luck 6 43 blades with luck 1 HA (luck7 100% max damage).

His normal output damage is 120*1.5*2=360.

He can do twice hit with speed 8 in a sec. So he can do 720 damage within a sec.

Skills bones:
fatal and Hem is around 1.5 times damage respectively with 25% roughly chance.
So 720 * 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.25 * 1.25= 2531.25 in a sec.
Let's say he can do 2500 in a sec.

So who can take 2000 damage in a sec? Not even a level 60 warrior with his around 1500 HP <2500

Maybe wiz can do better? Because wiz have magicshield that reduce 70% damage.

A level 59 wiz could reach around 450 HP with help of kit and other drugs. Let's say best wiz can reach 500 HP. So max damage he can take is 500 / (1-70%) = 1666.7 < 2500

The conclusion is nobody can take toriblack's damage which is around 2500 in a sec. Moreover, with the help of slow, you stand no chance to survive.

Let's say you apply your idea that make luck7 50% change output max damage. It may reduce the change of ONE HIT. However, ONE HIT still exist.

But by applying global reducing 70% PVP damage could solve ONE HIT problem 100%
. Because Even Best Sin can only do 2500 * 30% = 750 damage in a sec, which is still high. but at least Provide players 2-3 sec to react: RT or TT or SS or SD, etc. But if he decide to defense, then it his own risk to drop his kit if he die.

But the 95% of the server not benefiting from this bug then suffer, luck 7 still has an advantage of a BUG.

Raider

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 26, 2003
Unfortunately I am only human and with the hundreds upon hundreds of defects we have already fixed we were bound to find one that slipped through... However I can't find a post that specifically identifies this issue, not on the new forums (which we have been on for 8 months).

I believe this to be a bug, it was never intended to do what it is currently doing and therefore it will be fixed, the effect actually isn't as drastic as it sounds, it does mean the likely hood of one hitting in pvp is reduced though.

Sam

---------- Post Merged at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Thanks for letting us know. You can use the auto patcher to grab the client, I am going to upload a full client today though.

Sam

I have a much better solution to this problem than just simply nerfing luck7. If you do change luck7, does that mean luck9 will be the new maximum luck and does that mean you'll fix the stats on tiger necklaces and lantern necklaces?

/Xele

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
I have a much better solution to this problem than just simply nerfing luck7. If you do change luck7, does that mean luck9 will be the new maximum luck and does that mean you'll fix the stats on tiger necklaces and lantern necklaces?

/Xele

So luck 9 official didn't do 100% damage either, it was just a further range and you could only get luck 7 from weapons. Meaning you would need luck from armour or accessories.

Sam

Raider

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 26, 2003
So luck 9 official didn't do 100% damage either, it was just a further range and you could only get luck 7 from weapons. Meaning you would need luck from armour or accessories.

Sam

Luck9 DID hit 100% on euro. That is my point, the maximum luck cap hits top end dc/sc/mc 100% of the time, you just have your cap set at 7 here, that is why it is not a bug. The difficulty on obtaining luck cap on Chronicles is just as hard as euro and harder than nearly any other server out there.

/Xele

YOSHIMOTO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 10, 2014

I am happy that i left.

Pathetic

Not often do I agree with CNTroublemaker but my god has he hit the nail on the head.

Sam, you are taking advice from people who don't even play this server and want you to fail. Changing this now wont make people return, it will only upset people who are playing now and have invested time to create such weapons.

On your head be it, but your bloody good at dropping the server count in January from experience ;)

MirinBrah?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2014
all i see is luck 7 players worried that there massive advantage is going to be taken away and are trying everything they can to stop sam from fixing this bug

Luck 7 will still be the best thing in game you will just be only hitting max damage 50% of the time

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Luck9 DID hit 100% on euro. That is my point, the maximum luck cap hits top end dc/sc/mc 100% of the time, you just have your cap set at 7 here, that is why it is not a bug. The difficulty on obtaining luck cap on Chronicles is just as hard as euro and harder than nearly any other server out there.

/Xele

You do realise that makes no sense? Or do you just type stuff and hope the other person at the end of the internet is a moron?

Raider said:
There are better ways to deal with it rather than ruining peoples hard work by getting rid of luck7 being maximum.

/Xele

Raider said:
I have a much better solution to this problem than just simply nerfing luck7.

We're all waiting bro..

Raider

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 26, 2003
You do realise that makes no sense? Or do you just type stuff and hope the other person at the end of the internet is a moron?

We're all waiting bro..
My post makes perfect sense.

My solution would be to add a global damage reduction to the server for PvP, somthing between 30-50%, play around with it and find what is best. This would fix the damage but the problem still arises that luck7 is still extremely strong over lesser lucked characters. To bridge the gap between these two extremes I would review the stats on the level 45+ sets and make the base MC/SC/DC much closer together.

At the moment a good kitted level 52 warrior with luck7 has roughly 30-130 DC, if the base DC on items was improved to make the DC more like 60-130 or 70-130 the power of having luck7 is decreased in comparison to people without it yet it is still worth trying to obtain.

/Xele

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
My post makes perfect sense.

My solution would be to add a global damage reduction to the server for PvP, somthing between 30-50%, play around with it and find what is best. This would fix the damage but the problem still arises that luck7 is still extremely strong over lesser lucked characters. To bridge the gap between these two extremes I would review the stats on the level 45+ sets and make the base MC/SC/DC much closer together.

At the moment a good kitted level 52 warrior with luck7 has roughly 30-130 DC, if the base DC on items was improved to make the DC more like 60-130 or 70-130 the power of having luck7 is decreased in comparison to people without it yet it is still worth trying to obtain.

/Xele

I get u, but increasing the base mc/sc/dc will cause even more havoc. Take ff for example..it works on base mc, if u increase it it will get even more powerfull. So are n* spells on all other classes...

Raider

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 26, 2003
I get u, but increasing the base mc/sc/dc will cause even more havoc. Take ff for example..it works on base mc, if u increase it it will get even more powerfull. So are n* spells on all other classes...

Very few spells benefit heavily from their top damage being increased by base stats and it is very easy to change the multiplier on spells...

/Xele

rainstone

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 10, 2014
Again, I am happy that I left.

I saw a lot of people express their mind without playing the game.

I love the server and the game so much. So Pathetic to see it is dying.

Server number is going down and any big move without thinking will increase dying speed.

My last advice for Sam is:

Pay attention to guild chat or Go to Teamspeak and know which topics YOUR players are real discussing.

GM should take care of his own players, at least listening to them through any available channel.

You know that only 5% of the players goes to forum, right?

Do not be lazy ass and waiting for players to complain, OK?

If you do not take care your players, other people or GM will do.

---------- Post Merged at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:41 PM ----------

No offence just answer me one question: how long you have been playing MirChronicles, which level you are?
if you are still below level 50, I think you are bugged.

Because even a PVE guild member: Tellin as a tao class, reached level 54. And I do not think Blackwidows have any Luck 7 weapon?

You are so weak, please Pm Xele for leveling, he has luck 7 and he can level you from level 1 to 50 in one day:)

But the 95% of the server not benefiting from this bug then suffer, luck 7 still has an advantage of a BUG.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

/Xele

Checked over official source and luck 9 didn't do 100% damage (from what I could see, maybe lcd could confirm?) also luck doesn't effect mc or sc on official, this is something I added into ace and heroes.

Sam

MirinBrah?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2014
You provide your advice or just personal attack me?

i did not attack you personally i just pointed out , you think it is ok to tell anyone who is not playing the server to shut the **** up
Yet you don't play the server yourself you cant have it both ways

My advice is to fix the bug if sam caves in because 10 or so luck 7 players are now moaning.... Well it will say alot about the team running the server

Raider

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 26, 2003
Checked over official source and luck 9 didn't do 100% damage (from what I could see, maybe lcd could confirm?) also luck doesn't effect mc or sc on official, this is something I added into ace and heroes.

Sam

As someone who has played mir for a very very long time and had luck9 or the equivalent on every server I have played I can tell you it did work on euro mir. I am sure there are many old players who can confirm luck9 worked on euro. In fact luck was broken in a different way on euro mir, luck 8 use to be a 50% chance to hit maximum and luck9 was 100%, anything other than luck9 was a waste of time.

/Xele