~* Legend of Mir Galaxy *~

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Just to confirm for those who are waiting for beta, server is setup and running on dedi ready for beta to start this Friday. I will release client to those taking part on the Wednesday/Thursdays.

If you haven't put your name down to take part in beta you only have 2 days left to do so, so please visit our forum to apply. :)

killerboy123

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 5, 2015
Burj-Village
Just to confirm for those who are waiting for beta, server is setup and running on dedi ready for beta to start this Friday. I will release client to those taking part on the Wednesday/Thursdays.

If you haven't put your name down to take part in beta you only have 2 days left to do so, so please visit our forum to apply. :)
cant w8 till friday hopefully im in beta :)

KingTony

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 15, 2014
I would of liked to of signed up for beta but couldn't be arsed signing up to another forum.

gl.

Ocelot01

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 29, 2011
This server looks brilliant, you've done an awesome job customizing the files are you still all set to go live on friday? me and a few others i kno are anxious to play Galaxy

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
SO let me get this straight, your doing a closed beta with 20 people and not wiping?

No.

' We are looking for loyal members , experienced members and people who are looking to put time into playing the server to spot bugs/issues and not only to gain advantage over others for when it will be live . As expected at the end of Closed Beta there will be a Wipe and after that we will establish an eta for LIVE '

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
I would of liked to of signed up for beta but couldn't be arsed signing up to another forum.

gl.

But you can be arsed to make that reply which is longer than signing up :D

This server looks brilliant, you've done an awesome job customizing the files are you still all set to go live on friday? me and a few others i kno are anxious to play Galaxy

Thank you. Yes we said Friday will be start of beta so Friday it is, no let downs here ;)

Morellonomicon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 18, 2015
Do you really think a closed beta in such a small community is a goood idea. Dont get me wrong your server looks like its going to be great... But should it really be that exclusive, in such a small nit community all i see a 10-15 player closed beta as is a mini bit of intel for those lucky people which would probably only make up 10% of the total player base (best case scenario).. I just feel an open beta test would be better. If your scared of the old fashioned "DONT WIPE DONT WIPE" crap just state from the start and in server update messages constantly that it will be wiped, any salty tears will have to just stock up on hankies.

the 10 -15 people can still be helpful and report bugs, but it just saves them finding things out and giving it the "Soon as the server drops we all rush to this place" kinda thing... theres always SOMETHING. Give everyone a chance to get a little bit of intel before the server drops for real and your bug reporters can still do their thing if theyre that dedicated. Coz i guarentee half of them will probably only be doing it for the reason i just stated, to find some kind of edge for the real server launch.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Do you really think a closed beta in such a small community is a goood idea. Dont get me wrong your server looks like its going to be great... But should it really be that exclusive, in such a small nit community all i see a 10-15 player closed beta as is a mini bit of intel for those lucky people which would probably only make up 10% of the total player base (best case scenario).. I just feel an open beta test would be better. If your scared of the old fashioned "DONT WIPE DONT WIPE" crap just state from the start and in server update messages constantly that it will be wiped, any salty tears will have to just stock up on hankies.

Wasting your breath lol.

Closed BETAs are used in 1 of 2 scenarios:
1) Produce hype
- They achieve nothing more than an open beta would on such a small community (Let's be honest here?), it makes players who don't get chosen all hyped up and excited and promotes them to talk about it more and more. The more excitement, the more advertisement, the bigger player base and suspense (Although, this can easily be destroyed in a day or 2 if the server isn't up to scratch)...It's a good technique if you know your server is decent.

OR

2) Allows the team to secretly push back a deadline
- Closed BETA is 100% known all over, to be wiped. However, Open BETA is usually associated with "We MAY wipe if a game breaking bug is found". Now, it's all well and good and understandable that a team wouldn't want a game breaking bug to ruin it for everyone...But let's face it, not once has a "game breaking" bug, actually been game breaking. Despite majority of players voting no for a wipe (Often thought by the community to be the abusers making sure they keep their "advantage", which isn't true, as i always vote no and i've never been on the receiving end lol), the team would wipe because they believed their "deadline" they promised wasn't actually enough time and this "Open BETA" is a perfect excuse to delay it by a month or 2, despite knowing this "game break" could right itself in a month or so when it levels out in drops.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
As in this coming Friday?

Yes this Friday, we will be opening the server between 6-7pm at latest after I finish work and this allows me little time to sort any last minute bits that need doing if any do arise.

-

Also a stated from the beginning there will be a wipe after beta.

---------- Post Merged at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:20 PM ----------

We have now picked 20 beta testers and published the list on our forum. :)
View our forum for more information regarding access to server and what is expected in beta.

http://www.lomgn.co.uk/forum/area/general-chat-aa/1848-list-of-closed-beta-testers

MirinBrah?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2014
looks like a decent server looks like it will become the next big server

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
I've been accepted boys! Lets get this going!

#24 Hour Mir

-Ash/DarkLord

PS: Never been so pumped or accepted to anything ever. Man I haven't lived life properly but who cares :P

Ocelot01

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 29, 2011
Not long left now! :)

Best of luck with everything. The user count looks to be promising, hopefully this will be a quality long term server. Your content and creativity looks off the chart compared to the other servers which are currently live

Status
Not open for further replies.