legendofmir.co.uk

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Isn't the interface just a recoloring on photoshop? Weren't on about poisoning. We aren't all experts here in coding just like you stated I don't code so I won't know but I assumed it's a data file you just export the images and recolor?

If players are images that are recoloured every time some is poisoned then there must be a way to recolour an interface?

Do you seriously think there is 1000 frames per armour and weapon and hair for each poison?

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
If players are images that are recoloured every time some is poisoned then there must be a way to recolour an interface?

Do you seriously think there is 1000 frames per armour and weapon and hair for each poison?

I don't know much about coding so I don't know I just assumed that's how it worked. Anyway still believe your hypocrites no matter what you say about 'taking something and changing it to make it your own'. The interface still looks the same even if you changed certain aspects of it, it still has other aspects that is the same as chronicles. If you took an interface and changed EVERYTHING, that only will make it your own. Because this takes us back to you pointing the finger at me. It's exactly the same scenario in my case, I have taken images (certain aspects that look the same) and the rest (tables, coloring etc) are written my own way and it's not an easy copy and paste job (just like your recoloring isn't an easy process). I don't want to keep going on about this as really I gave up replying ages ago but this is just how I see it. I won't post on your threads anymore regarding this but it's just my opinion.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I don't know much about coding so I don't know I just assumed that's how it worked. Anyway still believe your hypocrites no matter what you say about 'taking something and changing it to make it your own'. The interface still looks the same even if you changed certain aspects of it, it still has other aspects that is the same as chronicles. If you took an interface and changed EVERYTHING, that only will make it your own. Because this takes us back to you pointing the finger at me. It's exactly the same scenario in my case, I have taken images (certain aspects that look the same) and the rest (tables, coloring etc) are written my own way and it's not an easy copy and paste job (just like your recoloring isn't an easy process). I don't want to keep going on about this as really I gave up replying ages ago but this is just how I see it. I won't post on your threads anymore regarding this but it's just my opinion.

I wish people would stop saying the interface looks the same as chronicles. No the interface (and chronicles interface) looks the same as SHANDA's - because it IS the shanda interface, not chronicles.

This is the same as people saying they don't like the c# interface. No, you don't like the WEMADE interface that c# uses. Tai has translated the wemade interface in to english, that doesn't make it the c#/ruby interface.

All Apoc team did was take the images used by chronicles without asking permission. No they shouldn't have done it, asking permission would have been polite. But lets be honest, every other day i see a new thread of "where can i download X's client as i'd like to pikey their data and maps". It seems to have become the norm to just take without permission on this forum, and i doubt Chronicles team can hold their hand up and say they haven't pouched data from another teams client in the 2.5 years they've been working on it.

Chronicles may have been the first to use the shanda interface, but that doesn't mean you can label every server that decides to choose the same route a copy.

Carribean

I abused the reputation system, now I'm stuck with
Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
Unknown i told you to stop posting a on previous thread. You get stuck into a debate you know nothing about, its pointless you look like a clueless idiot. I mean all this hostility toward the Apoc team, it clearly shows how bitter and jealous you are that you cant create a decent customized server that the players want.

Go read a book on coding and stop dis bitching

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
I wish people would stop saying the interface looks the same as chronicles. No the interface (and chronicles interface) looks the same as SHANDA's - because it IS the shanda interface, not chronicles.

This is the same as people saying they don't like the c# interface. No, you don't like the WEMADE interface that c# uses. Tai has translated the wemade interface in to english, that doesn't make it the c#/ruby interface.

All Apoc team did was take the images used by chronicles without asking permission. No they shouldn't have done it, asking permission would have been polite. But lets be honest, every other day i see a new thread of "where can i download X's client as i'd like to pikey their data and maps". It seems to have become the norm to just take without permission on this forum, and i doubt Chronicles team can hold their hand up and say they haven't pouched data from another teams client in the 2.5 years they've been working on it.

Chronicles may have been the first to use the shanda interface, but that doesn't mean you can label every server that decides to choose the same route a copy.

I emailed Shanda and asked. never got a reply.

(total jokes btw, for the gullible people on here!)

Unknown, you are only replying because you are jumping on Tai's bandwagon, despite Tai being serious (maybe) i'm only winding him up with my reply's because he cant be trolled easily, and its all banter.

You don't know when to stop one thing though, you keep making yourself look silly. You don't fully understand sarcasm, which makes it a lot harder to continue the "wind up".

In all seriousness, you can change the interface by recoloring, but it would be distorted and not very clear, we have coded every single little piece of the interface to different colours which is not overly hard, but a little time consuming as there are 100s of bits in the interface.

Your replies on certain other topics were deleted because of pure spam id imagine (I didn't delete them but just reading through them now)

If you had replied saying oh wow they recoloured the interface through code which does not look good imo, then fine id take that, but your now just having a go because your being defensive (rightly so after all the jib you have been getting on this thread!), but not relevant to our server.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK

Probably an honest post I've read on this thread but still they are hypocrites whether it's shanda's interface or chronicles.

Unknown i told you to stop posting a on previous thread. You get stuck into a debate you know nothing about, its pointless you look like a clueless idiot. I mean all this hostility toward the Apoc team, it clearly shows how bitter and jealous you are that you cant create a decent customized server that the players want.

Go read a book on coding and stop dis bitching

Why do you keep bringing my server into this? This has nothing to do with my server. It's pathetic you all use this as an excuse. Not that it's any of your business but I have not made it clear that I've stopped working on that a while ago and gave 99% responsibility to the other GM and help out where due. So yeah, think you should stop all this bitterness and stop getting involved, clearly you've had a taste of their arse. I have nothing against the team just to be clear, they tried being clever and being hypocrites but that doesn't make them any better than anyone else because even though they accused me of copy and paste, they are doing exactly the same whether or not they've changed certain aspects as have I.

---------- Post Merged at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:53 PM ----------

I emailed Shanda and asked. never got a reply.

(total jokes btw, for the gullible people on here!)

Unknown, you are only replying because you are jumping on Tai's bandwagon, despite Tai being serious (maybe) i'm only winding him up with my reply's because he cant be trolled easily, and its all banter.

You don't know when to stop one thing though, you keep making yourself look silly. You don't fully understand sarcasm, which makes it a lot harder to continue the "wind up".

In all seriousness, you can change the interface by recoloring, but it would be distorted and not very clear, we have coded every single little piece of the interface to different colours which is not overly hard, but a little time consuming as there are 100s of bits in the interface.

Your replies on certain other topics were deleted because of pure spam id imagine (I didn't delete them but just reading through them now)

If you had replied saying oh wow they recoloured the interface through code which does not look good imo, then fine id take that, but your now just having a go because your being defensive (rightly so after all the jib you have been getting on this thread!), but not relevant to our server.

Not jumping on anybodies bandwagon like most people have on here. From my first post about the interface till now, I believe you are hypocrites and I gave my opinion why, whether it makes me look stupid or not. I don't have the same knowledge in coding as you do as that's not my strongest point, may have sounded silly at times but that does not make me a silly person over all like your making it sound. I still stand by what I said you are hypocrites.

Carribean

I abused the reputation system, now I'm stuck with
Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
i still stand by what I said your bitter you can't make a decent server. Ps I like arse cream

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
seriously can someone infract this foul mouthed Mir geek

I don't play mir, gg wp. PS. no infractions given.

xX69Xx said:
This only highlights how you have not read this thread at all.

Also, 1 night? I wish. Please though, if you think you can do it in one night. The tools are at your exposal to try.

I asked a couple of DECENT coders how long it would take, sorry they said two nights maximum, my bad.

Carribean said:
Oh he could he drinks iron bru and eats haggis for every meal

You are the worst troll I've came across yet, you could take a leaf or two out of Tai/iPixel/Atomicide/Pyraine's old troll posts. You would learn an awful lot more. Then we can have a little flame war when you are up to standard, until then stick to the easy insults ;).

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

After this post I thought "screw it, i've got the files and the time this afternoon. i'm gonna go try to edit the look of the interface"

NOTE: I chose only the item bag, and sub screens.

So I found where the files were and how to edit the .lib (10 minutes)
I edited the files using a combination of LibEditor and Photoshop (30 minutes tops)
Added files to .lib, and tested (5 mins)
Adjusted for perfection, tweaked a few other bits (15 mins)

Bear in mind this is the first time I've ever edited any .lib file, mir image resource etc - and we are looking about an hour or so.

Original
View attachment 16326

1 Hours edit
View attachment 16325

I recoloured obviously. Separated colours, instead of simply using a colour overlay.
Changed buttons completely, also added a glow effect when button is selected.
The weight bar has 10% interval markings
The gold icon changed (dunno why, just didnt like the others).
Also stretched bars and removed the weight icon.
Oh I also remapped the background of the box, as there was some smudging goimg on (bottom right corner)

It's incredibly quick to do, but this is the just the item bag which requires no changing of indents/offsets for moving buttons. If all Apoc has done is this, then .... But if they have started to move buttons etc, it gets dramatically harder. Dramatically

EDIT: Huh. The image of the new item bag I uploaded is wrong. But it does the job, can't be arsed changing it.

Last edited:

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
After this post I thought "screw it, i've got the files and the time this afternoon. i'm gonna go try to edit the look of the interface"

I edited the files using a combination of LibEditor and Photoshop (30 minutes tops)

Bear in mind this is the first time I've ever edited any .lib file, mir image resource etc - and we are looking about an hour or so.

Original
View attachment 16326

1 Hours edit
View attachment 16325

I recoloured obviously. Separated colours, instead of simply using a colour overlay.
Oh I also remapped the background of the box, as there was some smudging goimg on (bottom right corner)

It's incredibly quick to do, but this is the just the item bag which requires no changing of indents/offsets for moving buttons. If all Apoc has done is this, then .... But if they have started to move buttons etc, it gets dramatically harder. Dramatically

EDIT: Huh. The image of the new item bag I uploaded is wrong. But it does the job, can't be arsed changing it.

Thank you for taking the time to share that. This is exactly what I meant in my previous post but I was made out to look stupid because I didn't know much about coding, which this in fact does not require any form of coding. It's like I said, recoloring in photoshop. I don't care how they did it, whether they coded it or not, I didn't know that, but this is what I meant.

Last edited:

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK

Original
View attachment 16326

1 Hours edit
View attachment 16325

I really like the outcome of the indents you have added to the weight bar. However as we are converting to a new interface we must add, remove and move elements around to fit in with the changed appearance, this is the time consuming and tedious part. Some times I must make changes to the code, recompile and open the game like 20 times to get 1 element in the right place. Some elements have multiple parts to them too which makes it even more tedious (e.g. lining up the spell cooldown animation with the buttons).

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I really like the outcome of the indents you have added to the weight bar. However as we are converting to a new interface we must add, remove and move elements around to fit in with the changed appearance, this is the time consuming and tedious part. Some times I must make changes to the code, recompile and open the game like 20 times to get 1 element in the right place. Some elements have multiple parts to them too which makes it even more tedious (e.g. lining up the spell cooldown animation with the buttons).

I fully understand that, that was the main focus of the post to be honest (if there was to be one), and I did try to be clear that any work that required changing offsets would be dramatically more time consuming/difficult.

You can feel free to use the bar if you want, although I'm assuming you no longer use the bar on your item bag?

It was fun doing it to be honest, photoshop shizzle is what I spend half my time doing - so editing the .bmps was something I would love to do more of.

Think I'll change the bottom UI section tomorrow.

Also what buttons are you using?

(PM me if you wanna carry on, as I'm fairly concious of going well off topic here)

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I fully understand that, that was the main focus of the post to be honest (if there was to be one), and I did try to be clear that any work that required changing offsets would be dramatically more time consuming/difficult.

You can feel free to use the bar if you want, although I'm assuming you no longer use the bar on your item bag?

It was fun doing it to be honest, photoshop shizzle is what I spend half my time doing - so editing the .bmps was something I would love to do more of.

Think I'll change the bottom UI section tomorrow.

Also what buttons are you using?

(PM me if you wanna carry on, as I'm fairly concious of going well off topic here)

Correct, the weightbar is no longer valid for our bag (we now have the weight displayed on the bottom left of the interface),

I agree photoshop can be fun, I am very critical of my photoshop work and always think it sucks but recreating a whole interface from scratch would be so time consuming (don't get me wrong I would love to but the amount of work required would probably take weeks.

I'm unsure on what buttons we are going to be using (I assume the shanda one's as they have no text and I can put a simple text overlay on them) for adaptability and speed. Personally I do not like yellow colour of the shanda one's but we can recolour them if everyone is agreed upon changing the colour.

You can add me on skype to talk if you wish, I hate the lomcn messaging system to be honest and it's not the best way to have a conversation. My skype name should be just below my avatar on the left, if not then you are welcome to pm me for it.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Thank you for taking the time to share that. This is exactly what I meant in my previous post but I was made out to look stupid because I didn't know much about coding, which this in fact does not require any form of coding. It's like I said, recoloring in photoshop. I don't care how they did it, whether they coded it or not, I didn't know that, but this is what I meant.

You are too ignorant to understand anything, you think of something then are just convincing yourself it will work. As WarGod suggested, he changed the colour of the interface, and the buttons which is not a long job, if he had changed the size, even slightly everything becomes 10X harder. im gunna show you an older revision which was something we had to do for example, of how just changing the image means nothing. Do you think if you put a new image in that magically everything just works? If you use an image that has a different size, it requires a hell of a lot more work.

Here: Image 30.png

In this one example here are a list of problems.

ALL the item slots are in the wrong place
There are 8 extra item slots that do not exist
The gold pulls from the wrong place
The gold readings are in the wrong place
The weight bar is in the wrong place
The tabs at the top shouldn't exist
The bag can open two different locations which are both wrong
The exit button is wrong

This is not a HUGE job, but its quite a lot of time, and this is just the BAG. Have you considered that there is

bag/char/stats/status/horse/friends/mounts/guilds/npcs/trustmerchent/login/select/trade/everybutton(Yes/No/Cancel etc) and tons more.

Your ignorance is not the fact you do not know how to code. More to do with the fact you truly believe it just works when changed.

Go into your Prguse and Title to see just how many things need actually added.

As I say its your pure ignorance that makes you worth replying too, because its Very easy to say things are easy before trying. And saying we are hypocrites because we are CODING in the same Interface as SHANDA, is just stupid and once again ignorant.