LOMCN VIP's

Join Discord

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
To RipMan :- If i understand what you are talking about, you think that people shouldn't be rewarded for taking things from the Chinese and releasing? And you also think that these are the only people who release things?

For you're information there are various other ways that people contribute to the mir community and therefore deserve to be rewarded for.

Firstly. Many people develop their OWN applications (a good example is LeoCrasher, she doesn't go to Chinese forums and take their work, she makes applications which are used by hundreds of people, and she does it all by herself). Since you say that people on LOMCN only take things from the Chinese then you must have forgotten about this ^^.

Secondly. People design their OWN maps using the map maker which was released on LOMCN. This is also not using Chinese work and releasing it as their own.

Finally. People who take things from the Chinese, and spend time translating, and even fixing their releases. These people (Milo etc) do the jobs that nobody else wants to do. They spend hours searching for the latest things made by the Chinese and they spend a long time translating their releases. You might say that anyone can do this, but trust me it is much harder than you would think, especially the finding part of it. Anyone that spends that much time trying to improve mir (like milo) should certainly be rewarded.

Since the Europe LOM Community is much smaller than the chinese one, and since we don't have anywhere near as good coders, we have to rely on the Chinese to improve mir, but the important thing is that people are spending time finding and translating these finds so that the private mir community will benefit and these are the people who should be rewarded.

Thank You
/Miles

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
dont say EVERYONE -> i say ppl oke`? and i cant say Leo ur leeching because ur build ur own app. I talked about mir files, soz maybe u understand me wrong and i apologise for that becasue i did not mentioned.

oke` listen here what do i need 2 do beside what i did til now to help ppl with their problems bla bla bla to host files and help comunity as much i can to become vip?

Tell us somethign lke this so ppl can aim for VIP status:'

1. u need to do this
2. u need to do this
3. u need to do this

if u do this things every thay u help bl abla u become a VIP if not bla bal

but u know if is a "decoration" for who help LOMCN then they must know how much they need to work for it.

-edited- i know that this is a part of helping lomcn but this is not REAL RELEASING -> i just only wanted ot show difference between releasing ur work or others work soz

don`t judge me wrong i have no intention in arguing but i want all ppl to be egual.

-------- end of discussion i`ll not bother u all again with my ideas soz | i`ll continue to help how much i can this comunity without this VIP thingy is not important to have VIP or not - was not my intention to become VIP VIP VIP VIP VIP VIP but i saw others get and why i should not get this 2 -------

Pace

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Ripman said:
don`t judge me wrong i have no intention in arguing but i want all ppl to be egual.

There's an interesting part of a declaration of independance.

Instead of reading "All men are equal", it reads "All men are born equal".

This is the case of LomCN. Everyone starts at the same place, but what you do from there greatly affects where you go.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
@Rip: Your right you didn't say everyone... you made no distinction whatsoever! There is no set way to become a VIP Rip, and we wouldn't dare publish a way, because then we'd get more whiners saying they've done the list and still haven't been VIP'd. Obviously, you have not followed my advice on reading the 101 odd posts before your own, where it has already been stated that all that happens is, you are recognised by a moderator+ for your contribution, where upon you are submitted to admins for a vote.

I personally don't care what you consider as real releasing, as its not really relevant to anything within this thread! Everyone who is submitted to be a VIP is given the same amount of attention as all the others who have been submitted. Obviously, as again has already been said... we can't catch everyone on the first go!

Follow this advice while on LOMCN, so you don't look as ignorant in your next post;
READ ALL THE POSTS BEFORE YOUR OWN, YOU NEVER KNOW IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN ANSWERED ALREADY.

*annoyed*
/Leo

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
This is completely off topic, but id like to clarify for those of you who think im just here arguing point after point because im envious of anybody or would want to aquire a pixelated status, that is not how i act or how i think.

Leocrasher knows my views on the vip area and has been kind and decent enough to devulge in conversation with me and consuming my fears and worries of the whole thing.

To people like Ripman i feel sorry for as obviously you feel that you need a status to be in anyway valuable.

For people like this who do clamour attention i suggest a chat with leo as i used to perceive it your way aswell.

Speaking as a person who prefers equality if i ever becam a VIP you can bet your bottom dollar id delete my account and make a new one as i cannot stand being labelled or grouped.

I think queen put it best with the line 'I want to be free'

Ive made my point on this whole topic and i appreciate the fact that its not actually turned into a 'flame - off' or spoilt by GOaTs

Thanks for your time and if anybody still disputes the system then...

'David its over to you'...

Last edited:

<Bubble>

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2004
S.Wales
There seems to be alot of debate on this topic, I would just like to add, yes V.I.P status is something to aim for and best of all i think is a realistic goal. It is possible to be a V.I.P and i must agree the people who have that staus have quite prominantly helped the community.

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
for my opinion VIP is somethign to main like school when u aim for the 1st place. I don`t see something wrong in that.

[qote]MrRob - To people like Ripman i feel sorry for as obviously you feel that you need a status to be in anyway valuable.[/quote]

I don`t need 2 be valuable on a forum lol. I am here because "we help each other in mir world".

Leo - we can't catch everyone on the first go![/qoute]

oke` thanks this was the answer i needed.

Peace

Ripman

Solitude

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 22, 2003
South Wales
When I read this thread. I never expected that I'd actually become one. I haven't been active lately, you could compare me to a dinosaur of these forums - I've been here since the beginning and I was big into the development and improvement of the files. But since things became almost professional (with regards to standards of server) I haven't had the time to develop any server files. But I am still prepared to help out and offer assistence in any shape or form (wether it be on forum or over msn, to members or non-members).

--Solitude--

-=[Demonio]=-

Solitude said:
When I read this thread. I never expected that I'd actually become one. I haven't been active lately, you could compare me to a dinosaur of these forums - I've been here since the beginning and I was big into the development and improvement of the files. But since things became almost professional (with regards to standards of server) I haven't had the time to develop any server files. But I am still prepared to help out and offer assistence in any shape or form (wether it be on forum or over msn, to members or non-members).

--Solitude--

Make a thread let the ppl know could do with more ppl like you :)

Beachy

LOMCN Founder
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
United Kingdom
Solitude said:

--Solitude--

UHMB. The way VIP's were chosen are for previous contributions, current contributions and helping the LOMCN community in general, so you contributed alot in the past so you were made VIP.

YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
Tbh VIP's are a gay idea (Moaning cause im jealous i didnt get picked :rolleyes:).
All you get is a different forum. Must be very boring chatting in VIP sections tbh, sipping your tea. Funnier to post and read threads made in GOT.
You come on this forum to spam and talk some **** and flame people, not to sit down and chat with your sipping buddies for ages.

Tbh people shouldnt need a status, if they are "so good" they should know it in themselfs and let other people make their own mind up wether their "so good" or not.

LONDON GOT OLYMPICS!!! AMG!! 2012.

YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
GilgaMesh said:
Vips can still see the rest of the forum and join in the other sections so your point is irrelevent.

do you ever read posts properly? i never mentioned them being able/unable to read other sections. I was mainly just talking about VIP section.

Solitude

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 22, 2003
South Wales
YoYoYo , the VIP section is a haven for people like myself who can't post in GoT because of my Zero Tolerence for idiots. It's an interesting area of the forum.

However, I do agree with your comment about helpful members of the community knowing their own status. I've always been willing to help and to contribute. In over 2 years I've only made 200 odd posts, but I can guarantee that 99.9% of those posts were on topic and helpful (the other 0.1% were when I was under the influence of alcohol/drugs).

XeroX

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 8, 2005
MrRob said:
leo i understand the part of ' for people who can hold a decent conversation and dont wish to be interrupted' but how can anybody decide that about a person? i personally dont like being interrupted so does tht mean im a VIP? i very much doubt it

TBH thats a good point. I am not VIP worthy as well as most other LOMCN users, but I can definitely say I (and at least half of the other LOMCN users) get kinda p*ssed off when someone interrupts our posts, or spams them like hell.with stupid comments or even double posts, which to me looks as though this double posting is giving them rewards. (Such as VIP).

Not that I don't think its a good idea, but I think people who are given VIP status should be reviewed thouroghly first.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
They are Xero, they have to have approval from at least two admins. And as for your point about your posts being interrupted by spam, thats why we have a 'report bad post' function along with single forum moderators.

/Leo

Solitude

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 22, 2003
South Wales
XeroXDaBomb said:
TBH thats a good point. I am not VIP worthy as well as most other LOMCN users, but I can definitely say I (and at least half of the other LOMCN users) get kinda p*ssed off when someone interrupts our posts, or spams them like hell.with stupid comments or even double posts, which to me looks as though this double posting is giving them rewards. (Such as VIP).

Not that I don't think its a good idea, but I think people who are given VIP status should be reviewed thouroghly first.
I find your comment quite insulting. Never have I double posted or spammed, take one look at my post count in comparison to my time on this board and that's obvious. VIP's are reviewed thouroughly, that is why it takes around 4 or 5 days between being nominated and being accepted.

As Leo said earlier, if you feel someone is spamming/interrupting your thread you should use the "report bad post" link, which looks like a ! underneath the posters forum info.

--Solitude--