Marble Server - [Marble Files] - Low / Custom Rate

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

SadClown

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 30, 2016
There really isn't a problem with ac/mc. The reason ac/mc are so high right now is because drops are WAY higher in testing than they will be during live. The same is true of gems.

Due to the 9x exp, people have way better kits at lower level than they will have on live. The higher AC with reasonable MC won't be achievable until much, much later in the game at which point those stats will matter less.

But the problem will still be there at late levels.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I guess then that a steel armor which basicly doubles the AC of a wiz will be some sort of super rare.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Honestly, as a sin I managed to drop a wizz in 2hits through shield, I think it's fine atm. A lot of things cut shield on here, where as before only TDB did. They really will be glass cannons.

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Doesnt change the fact that they will be able to solo tank huge PSC/PT way before they are supposed to do so.

90% of a warrior's AC comes from armor/helmet/boots/belt and not from neck/brace/ring. So you basicly give wiz war AC with barely any loss of MC.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Doesnt change the fact that they will be able to solo tank huge PSC/PT way before they are supposed to do so.

90% of a warrior's AC comes from armor/helmet/boots/belt and not from neck/brace/ring. So you basicly give wiz war AC with barely any loss of MC.

Except a lot of mobs and bosses here do AMC damage, rather than AC damage, and cut shield. They're not going to be solo tstorming anytime soon if ever.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
BC/BDD/PSC/ZT/ST are pure AC caves with the exception of the odd ghoul in PSC and moth in ZT/ST.

rickeh

LOMCN Member
Dec 16, 2003
uk

44682569.jpg

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Yeap the weight thing will be an issue regarding wizzies unless they get their shield nerfed.

I dont really agree with the whole concept of "losing 20%mc and gaining 20%ac is fair" because:
1) Spells have base damage which means that losing 20% mc doesnt mean losing 20% damage.
2) AC is also influenced a lot with shield. Who wouldnt use a BiH or a Great helm because he would lose mc1-2?

People used to wear on euro iron rings and not care about the damage loss because of the above reason. Euro didnt have that much item diversity to justify the change that was made in this server.

Honestly, as a sin I managed to drop a wizz in 2hits through shield, I think it's fine atm. A lot of things cut shield on here, where as before only TDB did. They really will be glass cannons.

Kori and myself (leechowda) have been on here and tested and skills are penetrating magic shield, with smooth gameplay melee's have no drama dishing out damage to mages even if they have sacrificed a little mc for some good ac as long as you have the mechanics ofc ^^

And last time I checked you can't magic gem armors, barely any loss of mc!? when a wizzie gets heaven armour I haven't heared the complaints have you seen the ac/amc on that mofo and you don't lose mc.

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Ok Server Crash fixed, I guess when I was playing around with teh SLIMDX client I rewound my @ROLL bug fixed.

Currently It's x9 of EURO experience (Both mob exp and Required EXP).

On launch Exp will be balanced to the following (Estimations)

Levels 0 -> 11, about 7x Euro
Levels 11 -> 22 about 6x Euro
Levels 22 -> 26 about 5x Euro
Levels 26 -> 35 About 4x Euro
Levels 35+ about 2~3x Euro

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Seriously now? Comparing a shop item (more or less) like steel armor with a super rare like heaven armor? Will you also add mir items in the equation?

Anyway i suppose its pointless wasting more time explaining why a warrior with Magic Shield and Tstorm is OP (hp is irrelevant in leveling).

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Simple fix is to just make the 40 armours require DC/MC/SC to wear, as that's clearly the biggest ac/amc gain to be had.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Simple fix is to just make the 40 armours require DC/MC/SC to wear, as that's clearly the biggest ac/amc gain to be had.

Wizard puts on DC gear and equips the armour, then takes the DC gear off? Pretty sure once it was on the character it stayed it till the item was taken off.

rickeh

LOMCN Member
Dec 16, 2003
uk
It's really not gonna be an issue. As has been stated, there are a lot more things which cut through MS and a lot more mobs which attack with AMC on here.

Cry all you want about it, but wizzies are still gonna be sacrificing MC to get defensive stats.

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
It's really not gonna be an issue. As has been stated, there are a lot more things which cut through MS and a lot more mobs which attack with AMC on here.

Cry all you want about it, but wizzies are still gonna be sacrificing MC to get defensive stats.

No one is crying dude people are just saying what they think its beta after all if people just sat back and said nothing what would be the point in all this?

Status
Not open for further replies.