Marble Server - [Marble Files] - Low / Custom Rate

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timelegend

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 9, 2015
Haven't been able to find an answer (granted, only looked for a few minutes) but are there plans to add quests? As much as I enjoyed wandering around to my hearts content killing whatever I pleased, I kinda missed quests giving me a purpose! - Found an answer to this, my search skills suck! - Are they likely to be in before launch?

Normal repairs - Repaired my weapons 5 or 6 times now and lost dura each time. Am I just unlucky or is it coded to drop each time you normal repair?

Plans to add Shop Teleports on the main teleport vendor?

Dungeon teleport seems a bit pricey in some instances, ZT for example.

ps. thanks for the quick resolution on my Cave Bat issues yesterday Jamie!

You probably should use special repair instead. Normal repair will drop your dura quite quickly.

I think to keep the original mir feel he will not add vendor teles in towns but I know it would be convenient and saves us running around every time we wanna buy or sell.

I don't think dungeon teles are that pricey considering how much gold mobs drop.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Haven't been able to find an answer (granted, only looked for a few minutes) but are there plans to add quests? As much as I enjoyed wandering around to my hearts content killing whatever I pleased, I kinda missed quests giving me a purpose! - Found an answer to this, my search skills suck! - Are they likely to be in before launch?

Normal repairs - Repaired my weapons 5 or 6 times now and lost dura each time. Am I just unlucky or is it coded to drop each time you normal repair?

Plans to add Shop Teleports on the main teleport vendor?

Dungeon teleport seems a bit pricey in some instances, ZT for example.

ps. thanks for the quick resolution on my Cave Bat issues yesterday Jamie!

Not sure about quests, i think I am going to expand the Hunting log system.

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
Interesting,
There seem to be a lot of great features in here and being run by a dude I absolutely hate as a player (because he's an exploiting, cheating, rule bending, bot using nob) but running a server? Probably no better skill set out there.

I think I will give this one a blast, from what little I have seen this looks like possible competition for chronicles for longer than a 2 month period.

Whats the micro transaction system like?
I know that all mir are pay to win through leveling services or rl trades but a gameshop with items of great benefit is a huge no-no for me personally.. what's for sale here?

The whole monster level/drop/exp things is probably my favorite sounding feature, undetectable sub bosses in a sense. or "supers" back from the ZT days. and level 7 shouts can only help for organised pvp.

Good luck guys.

Timelegend

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 9, 2015
Not sure about quests, i think I am going to expand the Hunting log system.

Jamie u could do a daily quest system. For example u log in and it says "kill 50 Blackmaggots for 100k gold today". Every player gets a different daily quest randomly.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Interesting,
There seem to be a lot of great features in here and being run by a dude I absolutely hate as a player (because he's an exploiting, cheating, rule bending, bot using nob) but running a server? Probably no better skill set out there.

4143206.jpg

-------

As Raz and many others have stated the levled monsters looks insane, and not being limited to Bosses is cooler, I did love hunting ZT and finding a SZG, or on Pi finding a mass dropping venon/gang spider!

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Quest will be implemented provided a decent quest line and reward can be achieved. The monster log will be expanded before quests are done

personally I don't ever do quests, always found them to be a complete waste of time.

It's because every server you've played has done quests poorly, merely as a means to "fill the gap" of doing... what you'd normally be doing anyway even without the quests.

Jamie u could do a daily quest system. For example u log in and it says "kill 50 Blackmaggots for 100k gold today". Every player gets a different daily quest randomly.

Quests like this... are just disappointing.

Nobody wants to just blindly kill X mob for a crap reward. A good example of a decent quest is RedMoonSword quest. It was fun to follow a story line and the reward was well worth the struggle.

Reciprocate those types of quests, and people will certainly enjoy them.

I am a little disappointed you're not going the custom map/item route, but I suppose there's always future servers for that. I've low interest in a low/euro clone albeit far more advanced mechanically and with better features, but I wish you the best of luck. If you need help testing anything - specifically PvP, let me know. I'd hate for you to make the same mistakes c# files did.

P.S Do you intend to play your own server along with Shane?

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I
If you need help testing anything - specifically PvP, let me know. I'd hate for you to make the same mistakes c# files did.

Yea you should come on and show these people how to play, I think you'll enjoy the feel of PvP on here.

I wish I could but I fear It'll hurt the server if I played (For example):

I absolutely hate as a player (because he's an exploiting, cheating, rule bending, bot using nob)

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I have more of an off topic question. Everyone regards you extremlly highly for coding skills and the things i see you post for features and speed of bug fixes are amazing.

So my Q. How did you get to the point you are at with your coding experience & skills if you don't mind me asking?

Did you study coding / work in the industry? or was it just a passion that you studied on your own and if so was it books or anything you could get your hands on that helped you learn and get better?

(Like i said off topic! ^_^ but would love to see a replay)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I have more of an off topic question. Everyone regards you extremlly highly for coding skills and the things i see you post for features and speed of bug fixes are amazing.

So my Q. How did you get to the point you are at with your coding experience & skills if you don't mind me asking?

Did you study coding / work in the industry? or was it just a passion that you studied on your own and if so was it books or anything you could get your hands on that helped you learn and get better?

(Like i said off topic! ^_^ but would love to see a replay)

Passion (No Life), Didn't do any course, Self taught.

How did I get here?, Lots of self improvement.

I would write code, I would then see where I could improve it, I focus around Code Performance (the Faster it runs the better). I use ReSharper (Was Using Code Rush) which Massively help productivity. Well Worth the money if you are serious about coding.

I first got into coding when the Delphi Files were released (Original open source)

If there is a bug / crash with my code its because I wrote the code wrong, no Buts about it, I don't try cover the error up, I look for the reason why its there.

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
So, is this server up?

live / BETA with wipe?

Sorry for my ignorance, I've been away from mir for a while :)

Anyway, tempted to give it a little try to pass some time.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
So, is this server up?

live / BETA with wipe?

Sorry for my ignorance, I've been away from mir for a while :)

Anyway, tempted to give it a little try to pass some time.

I expected better from a red name, You didn't even read the first Line!!!

Assuming i can get my list done by then It's launching at 17:00 (Friday 13th).

Yes, there will be a wipe on launch day.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
To be fair, the first line says Friday 13th, the status says Server Status: Online and Open Beta.

Really excited for this, looks nice. Really makes me want to get back in to doing some tasty UI stuff.

As a side note, genuinely surprised that you implemented a mob level, but kept the same horrible name colour tell method for their levels. Is that mob blue, or thicker, unreadable blue? :) Any chance of a new 'system' (display method I guess) for it?

Stavros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Are you keeping the very unprofessional safezone pointy cone things? personally hate them, and i like to pick people off when they think they are safe :v

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Are you keeping the very unprofessional safezone pointy cone things? personally hate them, and i like to pick people off when they think they are safe :v

Unprofessional? Pointy cone things? Sandwiches??

Just temporary!

I kept it there for familiarity, it'll be changed soon.

Awesome. Fancy giving me an idea of what you have planned? Go on, just a little bit. It's only wafer thin....etc

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Unprofessional? Pointy cone things? Sandwiches??

Awesome. Fancy giving me an idea of what you have planned? Go on, just a little bit. It's only wafer thin....etc

Name colour will be reserved for character modification/environment (GuildWar,PK Points, Fight, Shocked, Hallucination etc etc).

I'll be putting a small label either above or below the current Name Label, which will show levels if greater than 0. (Just as a first draft test), I might move onto something better later. But this should A: resolve issues with name Colour, B: Increase Pet levels for balancing.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I tried the server for a bit (till lvl17) and i have to say it feels really good.
Like i said on my previous post however i really cant see any informations about how it will play. I read the word Euro/official a bit regarding some spell values and the way gems work for example but on later posts i saw that spirit sword and healling (possibly skele as well since i saw a lot of taos ingame) are coded differently.

So my question is:
Will this server be a polished euro-clone trying to compete with Chronicles or will it have more custom things build in it from day 1 and for all levels even if its a low-rate?
Euro/Official was amazing because of the population and community but as a server it sucked dick. It had awful balance (ben soloing full guilds, sins being basicly weak warriors), huge gaps between items (3-4 braces from lvl22 till lvl44?), spent many days hunting without your main spells etc etc.
If its a euro-clone have these problems been addressed or people will be forced to hunt without spells till lvl32, have no hope for anything decent to drop till they are at late game because nothing exists and the only highlight of a hunt would be a leveled zombie that drops a pile of gold or a gem?

Im not trying to be offensive here at all. Just would like some information before next friday ;p

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
So my question is:

Will this server be a polished euro-clone Yes. trying to compete with Chronicles No or will it have more custom things build in it from day 1 and for all levels even if its a low-rate? There are some already implemented to fill the gap from levels 7~18. There's a lot of subtle changes to the game (Not sure if you'd call these custom), Yes there will certainly be more custom content (Items, Tamable pets etc) but they are not there just because its much easier to test a euro clone for bugs than new content.

If its a euro-clone have these problems been addressed or people will be forced to hunt without spells till lvl32 Not sure I understand, Level 7 is the first spell., have no hope for anything decent to drop till they are at late game because nothing exists and the only highlight of a hunt would be a leveled zombie that drops a pile of gold or a gem? The problem with having significant rares at low level is that the server would be flooded with them very fast, however with the implementation of crafting I'm sure there'll be something such as special / rare ingredients to make use of such feature.

As above in the quotes.

Timelegend

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 9, 2015
It's because every server you've played has done quests poorly, merely as a means to "fill the gap" of doing... what you'd normally be doing anyway even without the quests.

Quests like this... are just disappointing.

Nobody wants to just blindly kill X mob for a crap reward. A good example of a decent quest is RedMoonSword quest. It was fun to follow a story line and the reward was well worth the struggle.

Reciprocate those types of quests, and people will certainly enjoy them.

I am a little disappointed you're not going the custom map/item route, but I suppose there's always future servers for that. I've low interest in a low/euro clone albeit far more advanced mechanically and with better features, but I wish you the best of luck. If you need help testing anything - specifically PvP, let me know. I'd hate for you to make the same mistakes c# files did.

Of course we all like quests with amazing story lines that could go on for hours. But does Jamie have the time to make them now? Maybe once he finished his list of many things to do first but not now. I merely suggested a daily quest system that will give you an incentive to hunt in a certain dungeon for a reward. It's optional so you can choose to ignore it if you want. Also many other MMORPG's out there have the same daily quest system so they must be doing something right. With Jamie's skills he can code this very quickly I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.