mary jane

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Physical addiction: Physical addiction refers to the compulsive need for a drug or substance in order to prevent the withdrawal symptoms (physical and/or psychological) or due to increased tolerance to the effects of the substance.

Theres not much difference between a Mental and Physical addiction.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
i DO IT, iT'S ADDICTIVE.

My rule is... I won't learn how to roll it, so the only time i can do it is in the company of friends so i dont become a sad loner smoking pot.

Plus when ure mashed u dont have to skin up lol :D

Booze > weed tho.

p.s tried some coke in amsterdam, mouth went so numb and dry lol, think it had been cut with extra novacane lmao.

/gw

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Had a big sesh on Sunday. Won't go into details but my nose was like a tap the day after.
I very rarely drink these days, don't get the time too and I can become sober within a second ha.

But I do smoke bud every night, not much a 10 between 3 of us. It chills me out from a stressful day. At weekends we might treat ourselves to a 20.

Quite a good area to smoke weed too, good weed, good deals and plenty of it.
We get ours from a mate from mine, who gets it from Amsterdam coffee shops. Amnesia haze, White widow... Just smoke it whilst watching telly, have the odd random laugh when a mate does summet.

And if they legalized it then good stuff, think of the tax they could make.

Oh an I'd never smoke it during the day. After 10pm.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
It's really not that addictive compared to other things.

Smoked it solidly for 7 years (would have one every morning in bed) and wasn't an issue when I gave it up to start work.

It is definitely counter productive though :D, made uni a lot more difficult thats for sure.

Suggesting that your going to end up a schizophrenic is rubbish, I have a couple of friends who have definitely been affected by it mentally but then they were nutters in the first place.

mapadale

It's really not that addictive compared to other things.

Smoked it solidly for 7 years (would have one every morning in bed) and wasn't an issue when I gave it up to start work.

It is definitely counter productive though :D, made uni a lot more difficult thats for sure.

Suggesting that your going to end up a schizophrenic is rubbish, I have a couple of friends who have definitely been affected by it mentally but then they were nutters in the first place.
As clinical trials have proven with cannabis, you have to have an underlined mental health issue in order for it to have any effect in that manner. Anyone that doesn't wouldn't get effected by it and so when people actually Say's it causes mental illness, it doesn't at all.

I've smoked it since I was 15 and have stopped smoking it for periods of 6months + and never had any craving for it, or even felt the need to want to smoke more of it.

The only part of cannabis that is addictive, is the nicotine from the fags used. Try actually using an alternative for rolling, such as hemp leaf.

But anyone who Say's it cause mental illness or is addictive really needs a big finger pointing at them and laughed at very loudly for being so Naive.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
not sure about the clinic trials but i can say that it isn't addictive at all.. not like cigarettes.. i have smoked it for a while, even in the first years of uni, then realised it wasn't helping me with the studies and stopped with no issues.. didn't even feel the need to have some the day right after..

Primal

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jun 28, 2004
Tel u a fact about it. It doesnt make you cool if owt makes u look retarded (y)

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Who said weed solves problems, I don't use it for that.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
I smoked the odd bit here and there, but i moved onto smoking the legal high Spice Gold, daily for a fair few months, whilst also on other medication in the last couple of weeks of doing it.
Long story short, i ended up in hospital.
If you're going to smoke something, i would recommend the real thing, it's probably actually better for you.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Spice gold was the **** back in the day, was stronger than weed, I used to roll a joint called Defcon 3 , Ganja, Spice gold and salvia :P and then defcon 4 is with hash and defcon 5 is with some resin leftovers. :P

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
Spice gold was the **** back in the day, was stronger than weed, I used to roll a joint called Defcon 3 , Ganja, Spice gold and salvia :P and then defcon 4 is with hash and defcon 5 is with some resin leftovers. :P
It really was overpowering stuff, not same high as most weed i've smoked, a straight up, knock you on your ass, completely retard you kind of high. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone though, messing with stuff that has little to no long term effects researched or recorded, i'm a pretty good example why not to smoke it lol.
However, it did make you horny as ****

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Lol @ the people defending weed. You sound so desperate. Who here has said anything remotely along the lines of "weed is more addictive than cigarettes"? That's right...no one.

As clinical trials have proven with cannabis, you have to have an underlined mental health issue in order for it to have any effect in that manner. Anyone that doesn't wouldn't get effected by it and so when people actually Say's it causes mental illness, it doesn't at all.

I've smoked it since I was 15 and have stopped smoking it for periods of 6months + and never had any craving for it, or even felt the need to want to smoke more of it.

The only part of cannabis that is addictive, is the nicotine from the fags used. Try actually using an alternative for rolling, such as hemp leaf.

But anyone who Say's it cause mental illness or is addictive really needs a big finger pointing at them and laughed at very loudly for being so Naive.

Do you mean underlying? Moron. For someone who only a few posts beforehand belittled someone else for making a spelling error and a misinformed post, you're not exactly bright are you. I'm not a scientist nor have I looked at statistics, but I know that there is a fairly large percentage chance of somebody having some kind of "underlined" mental defect, and it actually having little to no impact on their life. Cannabis feeds this though, and it will grow..

Of course not everyone will be affected in the same way, and no it is not a fact that using it will give a psychiatric problem because it won't. It's the same principal as saying smoking cigs will give you lung cancer. It's a risk. Why should people not be educated of risks involved in something they're doing?

Reactions: ^G0trex

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
When people are reffering to a mental addiction I think they mean in a similar sense of what my lifestyle was like... You do something, that time comes , you spark up, under no circumstances does your body crave or desire it but because of your current life style, influences and people around you it becomes a part of your every day life.

So its more of a pattern than a mental addiction and the reason I quit was because of some mental issues I had with it, and yes I've had underlying mental issues from over the years but dont we all? aside from that I cannot recall ever craving a joint, but I did feel the urgency to include it if it was missing because if i sat down to play some games withy a mate and the joint was missing, it was like.. wtf.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
a mental addiction is when YOU think you NEED it.

also most addicts are in deniel :P

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
thats like saying if you drink beer, your a retard.

difference is when most people drink its out with there mates partying , alot of people will smoke weed alone lol , i dont mind ppl who have a social smoke but whats fun about being stoned and sat in your room lol.

i personaly cant drink more then 3 cans in the house , dont do it for me.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Id never smoke it alone either. Its a sociable drug for moi.

Vannaroth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2004
London/Aberystwyth
How is it that everyone seems to know a guy who smoked weed and let it ruin their life? Quite a few of my friends and I smoke weed nearly everyday yet we all manage to be perfectly functional adults doing our jobs, University degrees, and so on. It completely depends on the person. Not being stupid helps.

Reactions: ^G0trex and Prai