mechanical keyboard suggestions

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
hi folks im looking at a new keyboard as mine has finally bit the dust. got the chance to splash out on a posh one.

can anyone recomend a good mechanical board with plenty of macro keys, preferably red lighting but not too fussed.

thanks in advance,
primo

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I have a...Logitech G110 that has like 36 macro keys and changeable colour lighting...it wasn't expensive like £30 or so. I mainly just use it for typing words though :|

Last edited:

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
@tai my friend has this board i quite like it but i got a fair bit of spare cash so wanting to get a posh mechanical board.

@ervinzed i have a cyborg mmo 7 with plenty of buttons on , just my macro keyboard has failed so need a new board.

@jacko ill have a look at what they got to offer just looked at corsair so far but the only buttons that arent mechanical are the f keys and macros (which is a bugger for mir)

---------- Post Merged at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:41 PM ----------

http://www.dabs.com/products/corsai...yboard---cherry-mx-red-8NLH.html?q=k95&src=16
thoughts on this? cheaper than logitechs offering and has more g keys + i like how easy it is to clean.

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
its a nice looking board but for the extra few quid i can get alot more functionality for my money with different brands. ty for the suggestions tho :)

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
i got a pair of razer megalodan headphones, and while the sound is great the build quality is shocking, mic is garbage(which is a common problem) and a lot of people have issues with the lights not working.

I don't think id buy with razor again, so many better / cheaper alternatives out there.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Filco.

That's the company I use to send me my Mechanical keyboards. Got one for typing and one for gaming (blue and brown switch respectively)

They're pricey, but you get what you pay for.

ILovePie:D

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Filco.

That's the company I use to send me my Mechanical keyboards. Got one for typing and one for gaming (blue and brown switch respectively)

They're pricey, but you get what you pay for.

QFT, razer + logictech keyboards are just cheaply built rubber dome keyboards with macros + lights to make them look pretty and boost the price up. Although OP wanted macro keys so I just didn't bother replying earlier.

Hard to convince someone to buy such a keyboard until they try the switches out themselves. got a red switch Majestouch-2 and it's the best keyboard by far imo.

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
razer tackle doesnt do owt for me im afaraid.

@nightscare once u use a posh keyboard ull never go back.