Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
razer stuff is good but very flimsy im on my 3rd naga mouse lol

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
nar its pretty common with razer products, iv got the exact same problem with my razer megalodan headset, sucks balls just never could be arsed to return it as i only used it for sound anyway.

been looking into these filco keyboards, they look pretty awesome tbh.

I've had my Megalodon* for over 2 years now, it's absolutely fine.

Last edited:

Aldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
its a common problem and the fixes razor supplied don't work.
take a few minutes to read through some of the 100's of unhappy customers comments if you need more convincing. http://cult.razerzone.com/2009/08/0...t-do-you-hear-static-noise-or-audio-breakage/

Yea I came to the same conclusion with mine.

I also had another (apparently common) issue with my Megalodon in that it would not be detected in half of my USB sockets, but worked ok in others. It even prevented my keyboard, gamepad and mouse powering up on a couple of occasions, which lead me to buying an external powered USB hub.

My Sennheiser headset cost me £60 more than the Megalodon, was worth every penny.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
I guess I got lucky then but all of my other Razer gear has been fine. Wouldn't buy from them otherwise.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Razer is very hit or miss I find with each person. My first razer product (black widow keyboard) ended up failing me so I never really went back. I now only use a Razer mousemat, nothing else lol.

Whoever mentioned Roccat, their mechanical keyboards are also pretty damn good. Not quite as good quality as Filco, but provide better functionality with macros and what not. I've used and reviewed a few myself.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
The thing is though I've used Razer peripherals exclusively for over 10 years now. Not once have they failed on me. Guess I'm lucky! :D

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
The thing is though I've used Razer peripherals exclusively for over 10 years now. Not once have they failed on me. Guess I'm lucky! :D

or not the typical computer guy who has his desk filled with **** lol

dont get me wrong i couldn't go without the mouse now... a keypad on the side of it is awesome for mmorpgs like wow and swtor.