Help Mir 3 Zircon Server Help

Ven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2013
Ireland
Hi All,

Recently I have made an attempt to get the Mir 3 Zircon Server open for local use to mess around a bit (I am new to this side of Mir, always been a player)

No plans to go public or anything, just wanted to play in free time.

I installed the files from Jamie, followed the short guide and I can get the server and the game working.

I sign in with username and master password so I am the GM and I can do commands like @Map or @make but I am unable to spawn monsters e.g. @Monster @mob. Tried in caps etc.

Done some research on forum, seen that the "MONSTER" case was missing in playerobject and had to add some code to Envir.cs but no matter what I do I still can't get this command to work.

I been to the github page, tried copying stuff, but spent hours and days with no results.

Rebuild the server files 3 times to make sure I didn't mess up any step from the guide.

Would anyone know how to get this @Monster or @mob command to work?

Thank you

Ven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2013
Ireland
Hi, make sure you are typing the monster name without spaces - for example: @Monster queenofdawn
Hi Lanaya, yes I did, no spaces, also tried with basic mobs like pig, chicken, oma, omawarrior.
Seen this in another thread and that's where I have come across the playerobject.cs and envir.cs where code was missing. Copied for github to the requested lines of code but still no luck.

Upvote 0

Lanaya

LOMCN Member
Feb 9, 2023
Do you have the latest source code on which is on github or the one from jamies thread? can you please provide the piece of code which executes the @Monster command

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003

Just follow the "How to log in as game master" tutorial. Shouldn't need anything else to get full commands. Manual code changes are not needed as long as you're using the latest github source.

Latest source can be found here. To be honest most of that thread rewriting as no one should be downloading Jamies original binaries anymore.

Make sure your "master password" isn't the same password you used to create the account you're logging in to.

Upvote 0

Ven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2013
Ireland

Just follow the "How to log in as game master" tutorial. Shouldn't need anything else to get full commands. Manual code changes are not needed as long as you're using the latest github source.

Latest source can be found here. To be honest most of that thread rewriting as no one should be downloading Jamies original binaries anymore.

Make sure your "master password" isn't the same password you used to create the account you're logging in to.
Hi Far,

Thank you for providing the link, I did come across this source from reviewing previous threads and did download the complete repository.

I don't have any experience with this, so my understanding is that I leave the debug stuff as they are and just change the source code with what was originally downloaded from Jamie's guide?

Do I have to connect them somehow as even when I remove the source code, when I open the server and client in debug everything still works so I must be doing something wrong :D

Attachments

• Zircon Server Image.jpg
    Zircon Server Image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Zircon server debug folder.jpg
    Zircon server debug folder.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 18
Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Just start fresh with the source code I linked above. When you compile it it'll make new files for the client/server etc.

I've deleted Jamies old links from that thread now to hopefully stop any further confusion.

Reactions: Tai
Upvote 0

Ven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2013
Ireland
Hi Far,

Thanks for your response. Downloaded the new source code as instructed above, appreciate that.

When you say compile and make new files for client/server. What do you mean exactly?

I've little experience of this and there don't seem to be a guide on that, or I just can't seem to find it..

Is this something you would be able to explain / guide, if time allows ?

Many Thanks.

Upvote 0

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
Hi Far,

Thanks for your response. Downloaded the new source code as instructed above, appreciate that.

When you say compile and make new files for client/server. What do you mean exactly?

I've little experience of this and there don't seem to be a guide on that, or I just can't seem to find it..

Is this something you would be able to explain / guide, if time allows ?

Many Thanks.
When you open the sln and build the server in there, it will make the folders for the client and server so u can work on it and play, except for me i cant get it to compile. There needs to be an updated guide to help alot get into this i think.

What i did was downloaded from github, loaded up the sln file tried to buidl but there are devexpress issues, downloaded the free trial, still doesnt work, had trouble with this for months tbh.

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
If you're not sure what compiling is, or how to do it you should probably just google some guides of compiling in visual studio.

And theres lots of help threads about dev express solutions, and even a stickied thread - if you're stuck at that point.

Upvote 0

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
If you're not sure what compiling is, or how to do it you should probably just google some guides of compiling in visual studio.

And theres lots of help threads about dev express solutions, and even a stickied thread - if you're stuck at that point.
None of it works, ive basically given up lol, i know its probably something my end cos other people seem to get it working... might try again another time.

Going to try it on a fresh wiped machine following all the fixes and see where it takes me incase its me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2013
Ireland
Hi Guys,

I downloaded the Visual Studio, opened the Zircon Server.sln which when I click run creates the Debug folder but its empty.

Should there be something else done?

Thank You.

Upvote 0

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Hi Guys,

I downloaded the Visual Studio, opened the Zircon Server.sln which when I click run creates the Debug folder but its empty.

Should there be something else done?

Thank You.
Can you post what it spits out in the process window.

Upvote 0

Ven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2013
Ireland
Hi Jev,

So I open the Zircon Server.sln using visual studio 2022

Then I right click on Solution Zircon Server and click build.

Errors come up and it creates an empty debug folder.

I'm probably doing it all wrong , trying to find a guide :D

Attachments

• 1689885696780.png
    1689885696780.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 1689885767419.png
    1689885767419.png
    22 KB · Views: 23
  • 1689885805487.png
    1689885805487.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 1689885852298.png
    1689885852298.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 23
Upvote 0

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
Hi Jev,

So I open the Zircon Server.sln using visual studio 2022

Then I right click on Solution Zircon Server and click build.

Errors come up and it creates an empty debug folder.

I'm probably doing it all wrong , trying to find a guide :D
I had the same problem dude, Shyfx helped me out, you need to download the trial Dev Express 23, and then go to tools in visual studios, nuget package manager, settings, then add the correct path like mine.

1689893330494.png
Post automatically merged:

I had the same problem dude, Shyfx helped me out, you need to download the trial Dev Express 23, and then go to tools in visual studios, nuget package manager, settings, then add the correct path like mine.

1689893330494.png

It does give Cautions but still works, i think to remove these you must remove all the references, and change them to 23...not sure.

Upvote 0

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
literally a stickied thread to tell you how to setup DevExpress paths

I think you should edit in the thread that you can use the latest trial version of DevExpress to do this as i tried finding 21.2 and ended up messing something up to where it wouldnt even work with the trial v23 lol. I used a fresh install of windows and tried again and it all worked flawlessly. I dunno maybe not but it doesnt help the references are out of date.

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I've added a couple of sentences to specify you can use the trial and your version may not be 21.2 - obviously only so much hand holding I can do though :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
I've added a couple of sentences to specify you can use the trial and your version may not be 21.2 - obviously only so much hand holding I can do though :ROFLMAO:
Fair enough mate, more of a confirmation that they can without posting or waiting for replies.

Upvote 0