Help Mir 3 Zircon Server Help

smoochy boys on tour

Ven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2013
Ireland
Hi All,

Recently I have made an attempt to get the Mir 3 Zircon Server open for local use to mess around a bit (I am new to this side of Mir, always been a player)

No plans to go public or anything, just wanted to play in free time.

I installed the files from Jamie, followed the short guide and I can get the server and the game working.

I sign in with username and master password so I am the GM and I can do commands like @Map or @make but I am unable to spawn monsters e.g. @Monster @mob. Tried in caps etc.

Done some research on forum, seen that the "MONSTER" case was missing in playerobject and had to add some code to Envir.cs but no matter what I do I still can't get this command to work.

I been to the github page, tried copying stuff, but spent hours and days with no results.

Rebuild the server files 3 times to make sure I didn't mess up any step from the guide.

Would anyone know how to get this @Monster or @mob command to work?

Thank you

Ven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2013
Ireland
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your help so far, the setup is getting somewhere now and appreciate everyone's input on this. Would not have gone this far without your input on this thread.

I have downloaded DevExpress, and once added the required package sources it has built the Debug folder without any errors.

I have then gone to Debug >> Server.exe and started it up, configured as per Jamie's guide, map Exe path, Data Path and Map path, selected Start Game (no option to deactivate registration requirement under web server) and no option to configure Ship & Lair.
Anyways..

I start the server and then going to the client and its stuck on Loading Client information.

There is no setting wheel on top where I can manually assign to point to 127.0.0.1 and use this config like in that old client.

I checked the server.ini file in the Client folder and it shows that its pointing to 127.0.0.1 on port 7000.

Also noticed that when I close the server.exe and open up again it resets my values set, even when clicking save etc.

Also tried copying the system.db file form server to client>data to see if it changes anything but no results.

Have a missed a step or something?

I only wish to use this for personal use so want to keep it on local.

Many Thanks.

Attachments

• 1689981190136.png
    1689981190136.png
    785.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 1689982503487.png
    1689982503487.png
    898.1 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your help so far, the setup is getting somewhere now and appreciate everyone's input on this. Would not have gone this far without your input on this thread.

I have downloaded DevExpress, and once added the required package sources it has built the Debug folder without any errors.

I have then gone to Debug >> Server.exe and started it up, configured as per Jamie's guide, map Exe path, Data Path and Map path, selected Start Game (no option to deactivate registration requirement under web server) and no option to configure Ship & Lair.
Anyways..

I start the server and then going to the client and its stuck on Loading Client information.

There is no setting wheel on top where I can manually assign to point to 127.0.0.1 and use this config like in that old client.

I checked the server.ini file in the Client folder and it shows that its pointing to 127.0.0.1 on port 7000.

Also noticed that when I close the server.exe and open up again it resets my values set, even when clicking save etc.

Also tried copying the system.db file form server to client>data to see if it changes anything but no results.

Have a missed a step or something?

I only wish to use this for personal use so want to keep it on local.

Many Thanks.
I used the system db that came in the file release download or one of them whichever has it, on jamies short guide, cos the one in the github was blank.

I used this restarted server and client and worked, make sure the system db is the same in both client data and server, then boot them back up.

I also had to activate the account in the server.

Upvote 0

Ven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2013
Ireland
I used the system db that came in the file release download or one of them whichever has it, on jamies short guide, cos the one in the github was blank.

I used this restarted server and client and worked, make sure the system db is the same in both client data and server, then boot them back up.

I also had to activate the account in the server.
Hi Demonlith,

Thanks for your reply mate. I tried that and still having same message Loading Client Information.

I copied the system.db file as you said to both debug server database folder and debug client data folder.

Upvote 0

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
Hi Demonlith,

Thanks for your reply mate. I tried that and still having same message Loading Client Information.

I copied the system.db file as you said to both debug server database folder and debug client data folder.
check config settings for client path? if it keeps changing when you load server make sure to set it in the ini file as it loads the info from there

Upvote 0

Ven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2013
Ireland
Hi Shyfx, Yes at first I noticed that each time I started the server it reloaded all back to blank default so then I opened the server.ini and added the path there and after that it stayed mapped to where I pointed the path.

I did notice however when I open the (New build) server.exe in the logs it stays as Loading Time: and nothing else.

Then I opened the one from Jamie's guide and it seems to have a little more output in the log.

Maybe I should configure something else?
Post automatically merged:

The only other difference I see is that on the Jamie's old client I had a setting I had to change when opening the client on top right corner where I had to change configuration in the client.exe which is not in the new one.
1690022536246.png

Attachments

• 1690022003653.png
    1690022003653.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 1690022043768.png
    1690022043768.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
Hi Shyfx, Yes at first I noticed that each time I started the server it reloaded all back to blank default so then I opened the server.ini and added the path there and after that it stayed mapped to where I pointed the path.

I did notice however when I open the (New build) server.exe in the logs it stays as Loading Time: and nothing else.

Then I opened the one from Jamie's guide and it seems to have a little more output in the log.

Maybe I should configure something else?

The only other difference I see is that on the Jamie's old client I had a setting I had to change when opening the client on top right corner where I had to change configuration in the client.exe which is not in the new one.
View attachment 32245
ports need to match, in the client config ini file

UseNetworkConfig=True
IPAddress=127.0.0.1
Port=7000

sdttings are still on new client? think 'O' opens it also but you can just change ini file

your probably using outdated databases aswell if using stuff from original posts just follow the guides and use databases for the new server and client

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2013
Ireland
ports need to match, in the client config ini file

UseNetworkConfig=True
IPAddress=127.0.0.1
Port=7000

sdttings are still on new client? think 'O' opens it also but you can just change ini file

your probably using outdated databases aswell if using stuff from original posts just follow the guides and use databases for the new server and client
I see what you mean, I found a file in client called zircon.ini and in there when I changed the port to 7000 and used the value of True the client has loaded.
Thank you Shyfx.

Now I am trying to create an account but then it says cannot reach server and kicks me out.

I guess that's the last one to fix and should be all sorted then.

appreciate your help.

Upvote 0

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
I see what you mean, I found a file in client called zircon.ini and in there when I changed the port to 7000 and used the value of True the client has loaded.
Thank you Shyfx.

Now I am trying to create an account but then it says cannot reach server and kicks me out.

I guess that's the last one to fix and should be all sorted then.

appreciate your help.
sounds like your probably using wrong client with server and getting errors in networking? check errors in server/client folders see what you get

Upvote 0

Ven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2013
Ireland
sounds like your probably using wrong client with server and getting errors in networking? check errors in server/client folders see what you get
Hi Shyfx,

I went through the logs, remapped everything and eventually it picked up.

Then I had some issue with activation codes as when creating an account it said its not activated but eventually it came up in the server.exe and I was able to select as activate and it picked up on one of the 3 accounts created.

I did add a line in server.ini RequireActivation=False but it didn't pick up :D

Created a character - I have a master password created. The character is unable to spawn.

The location shows as New Character instead Bichon etc. Looking at the maps now to see if the path is incorrect.
1690026038097.png

1690026105545.png

Noticed that the server.exe map, monster, item info etc they are all empty. I guess that's why the character can't spawn

1690026884977.png

****UPDATE****

I have went to the Jamies System.DB file as mentioned by Demonlith earlier, copied that to the debug server, fired up the server, closed, then copied the newly saved system.db file and placed in client data and client database folder and fired up again the server and the client and managed to login.

Also tested and the @Monster command works.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped me getting this setup. I honestly would not have done it without your input.
Much appreciated it.

1690027332953.png

Last edited:
Reactions: zircon2k23
Upvote 0

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
Hi Shyfx,

Then I had some issue with activation codes as when creating an account it said its not activated but eventually it came up in the server.exe and I was able to select as activate and it picked up on one of the 3 accounts created.

Created a character - I have a master password created. The character is unable to spawn.

The location shows as New Character instead Bichon etc. Looking at the maps now to see if the path is incorrect.
View attachment 32246

View attachment 32247

Noticed that the server.exe map, monster, item info etc they are all empty. I guess that's why the character can't spawn

View attachment 32248

****UPDATE****

I have went to the Jamies System.DB file as mentioned by Demonlith earlier, copied that to the debug server, fired up the server, closed, then copied the newly saved system.db file and placed in client data and client database folder and fired up again the server and the client and managed to login.

Also tested and the @Monster command works.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped me getting this setup. I honestly would not have done it without your input.
Much appreciated it.

View attachment 32249
got there in the end lol... no worries enjoy

Upvote 0

zircon2k23

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 29, 2017
Hi Shyfx,

View attachment 32246

View attachment 32247

View attachment 32248

****UPDATE****

Fui al archivo Jamies System.DB como lo mencionó Demonlith anteriormente, lo copié en el servidor de depuración, encendí el servidor, lo cerré, luego copié el archivo system.db recién guardado y lo coloqué en la carpeta de datos y base de datos del cliente y lo encendí. Reinicié nuevamente el servidor y el cliente y logré iniciar sesión.

También probado y el comando @Monster funciona.

Sólo quería agradecer enormemente a todos los que me ayudaron a configurar esta configuración. Sinceramente no lo habría hecho sin tu aportación.
Lo aprecio mucho.

View attachment 32249
Buenas noches, abrí otro post creo que con el mismo problema que te pasó a ti, pero viendo esto todavía no sé como solucionarlo. No sé cómo agregar el @Monster como mencionas. Gracias

Translation:

Good evening, I opened another post I think with the same problem that happened to you, but seeing this I still don't know how to solve it. I don't know how to add the @Monster as you mention. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0