Mir07

smoochy boys on tour

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
Not sure if i like the login screen as much, seems a lil plain for me, soz.

It's elegance. Something that you can't do in 256 colours. When you run the game you really appreciate the difference. :)

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
It's elegance. Something that you can't do in 256 colours. When you run the game you really appreciate the difference. :)
so m8.. you really aint answer'd my question are you planning to release when your finished or you just gonna make a server of your own???

/ancient

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
so m8.. you really aint answer'd my question are you planning to release when your finished or you just gonna make a server of your own???

/ancient

Release and let other servers use it. That fair enough?

XananV2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 16, 2006
In my opinon this looks really good. The wow interface works great with mir.

Its actually used quite a lot, a counter strike interface i stumbled across.

572.jpg

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
theres a chinese client thats allready done that plus theyve added a few other bits and pieces but its using the 1.4 gui.

Last edited:

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Thats shanda the bottom is the same as old mir (1.9) and that top bit is for your slavebut yea does look good.

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
It's not a server, just the client. Yes, the client will be released.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I know this is a really really really long shot
But will working source be included, so that it can be used along with the DM2 sources

BH

thats a really good point tbh. would help alot and would mean the DM2 team wouldnt have to make one :P

/ancient

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
okies :) I wasn't belittling adms work either btw :) Just saying one exists - I can see already this is totally different and I like it.

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
I don't plan on getting the client up to the full extent of DM2. I just wanted to make this client to give the community something to work on that wasn't Delphi.

I'm still missing some major things too, but I'm sure someone can easily put them in - after all I coded this in VB.NET (alot easier to work with then Delphi).

People can finally see how you make a Mir client without using old technology, I've used functions and paramaters that are way more simpler and quicker.

Only thing I ask is for people to give me credit for it if they use it for their own purpose/server.

So yes, I will release the source-code later this week. :)

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I don't plan on getting the client up to the full extent of DM2. I just wanted to make this client to give the community something to work on that wasn't Delphi.

I'm still missing some major things too, but I'm sure someone can easily put them in - after all I coded this in VB.NET (alot easier to work with then Delphi).

People can finally see how you make a Mir client without using old technology, I've used functions and paramaters that are way more simpler and quicker.

Only thing I ask is for people to give me credit for it if they use it for their own purpose/server.

So yes, I will release the source-code later this week. :)

thats good new's but i dont no how to add those things uve just said, but will there be a guide todo it? and leave your name all over it :) i wouldnt mind :P

PS wheres best place to start coding this kind of stuff?

/ancient

Last edited:

GuildWars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 28, 2004
A question, is it possibly to code in /who and it pops up a window like in WoW, showing friends, people in zone, and guild.. I mean i know some of this would have to be serverside, but is it possible using VB? If so i think this would show a really sweet function

VN VN work so far m8!

Last edited:

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
You can do what you want - this would be a feature you would have to program in yourself I would think :).