Mir07

smoochy boys on tour

Tashin

LOMCN Leecher
Feb 12, 2007
Yes i agree, you would be able to code any other idea's into the client but like Shorty has said you will have todo it your self

GuildWars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 28, 2004
I don't plan on getting the client up to the full extent of DM2. I just wanted to make this client to give the community something to work on that wasn't Delphi.

I'm still missing some major things too, but I'm sure someone can easily put them in - after all I coded this in VB.NET (alot easier to work with then Delphi).

People can finally see how you make a Mir client without using old technology, I've used functions and paramaters that are way more simpler and quicker.

Only thing I ask is for people to give me credit for it if they use it for their own purpose/server.

So yes, I will release the source-code later this week. :)

I hope this helps mate. :ppunk:

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
If you want to code you need VB.NET express...

If you just want to run it, copy the debug contents to the Legend of Mir directory and run mir07.exe.

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
Another screenshot showing my progress:

13.JPG

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
TrueADM, you uses on all things D3DXSprite the easy and more slowly way
to render the Image. Ok now my Question : how make the Light and Dark
things? I Know D3DXSprite has the way to change the Color Brightness ok
with this you don't have the Corona... ;-) . I belive the better way is Primitive VertexBuffer / Index Draw...

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
I have done the lighting already, just you don't have the latest version. The text rendering is always the slow thing in DirectX.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
ADM ive made a sticky at the top of this section for any updates you make. It relays the information in a clear concise manner and stops it getting full of spam.

If you need the thread updating, pm me the content and ill edit it in.

Regards
Beard.

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
I have done the lighting already, just you don't have the latest version. The text rendering is always the slow thing in DirectX.

^^ I know with Text Render. I mean directly the D3DXSprite, it is a littel
easy way for render things in DX and is slowly if you use it on many Objects. That should not be an objection :) . I am strained on your solution with the light and D3DXSprite and the restriction on max Lights.

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
I don't use D3DXSprite, I use D3D9 Managed Sprites which are the same performance as flat polygons (google it for performance, it's actually better). I use lightmaps.

Don't get DX8 technology mixed with DX9, D3DXSprite was removed in DX9. :P

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
o.O
D3DXSprite was removed in DX9.
last DX9 SDK I can see D3DXSprite not removed ;-) or it is only removed in VB.net I don't Know with VB things...

the way with Managed is a bit better yep hehe. And I googel not lol I look at MS Information Direct. I work with DX9 on C++ and Delphi :P