Release Mir3 Map Collection

Join Discord

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
As seen on RaGEZONE & Empire 2.3 servers.

Maps included:

• Frozen Temple
  • Jinchon Temple
  • Numa Temple
  • Ant Colony
  • Lost Ship
  • Desert province
  • a connecting map between Castle GI and Numa.
Plus the tiles which are required in order for these maps to work with Mir2 (2.3)

There's also a db with all the mapinfo and movemapevents so all you need to do is copy them over to your existing db.

The only thing I don't have is the minimaps cos my hdd got wiped but you can just make new ones easily enough.

Download: Here

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Thanks always wanted the lostship maps just never bothered to find em, i know u gotta replace some tiles and theres a choice between these maps and others, but i dont think i actually use them other maps so could be all good for me!

Edit: Can you explain how the tiles work pls?
I can see the Ant and Numa temple maps fine, but they are normal objects/tiles ne way.

I cannot see LostShip, Frozen temp, Jichon temple, or destert province.

Im pretty sure you need to upload the objects... if i remember it was something to do with objects 12,13, 14 something around that number, as when i had to make the choice of these maps or some other maps i choose the other maps.

Saying that tho, there is something wrong with the tiles also as i cant really seem them either, u sure they are meant to be called tiles5?

Are u able to open and see these files in mapedit ok? if so could u maybe upload all the objects/tiles in the data folder that your using? and ill figure out which files are needed myself

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Right...obviously I've only tested with 2.3 and that was last year, so what are you trying them with? They've always been called Tiles5 afaik and worked like that. As I said though I have lost everything on my old pc this is all I've got left, so I don't have any objects, but saying that Hone sent these (just maps and tiles) to that Anon guy for his server not long ago and he seemed to get them working without anything else?

If you think you need objects then all I can suggest is trying to hunt down either the RZ client or Empire one...but I don't think theres any working links still about?

Apologies to anyone if these don't work without the objects...I thought they did

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
The walls and that are made up of objects, tiles are only the floors.

my client as i said has always used different objects to TDs cause i think back on oldskool i used some weird chinese maps.

Also, Im pretty sure the client/mapedit doesnt even read tiles5, as i looked at the source and it only loads tiles.wil, nothing to do with 5. And if TD did custom add it to his files, surely he woulda called it 2 or 3.
But not just that, im pretty sure mapedit only uses tiles.wil, not tiles2/3/4/5 etc... so if thats the case, no1 woulda been able to make these maps usin the tiles5. And how would they have made the mini maps aswell not bein able to read them in mapedit.

So i renamed tiles5 to tiles, and i do actually get some flooring showing, however its clearly not the correct tiles so im at a loss!

Would be a start if we could find the correct objects

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006

my client as i said has always used different objects to TDs cause i think back on oldskool i used some weird chinese maps.

Also, Im pretty sure the client/mapedit doesnt even read tiles5, as i looked at the source and it only loads tiles.wil, nothing to do with 5. And if TD did custom add it to his files, surely he woulda called it 2 or 3.
But not just that, im pretty sure mapedit only uses tiles.wil, not tiles2/3/4/5 etc... so if thats the case, no1 woulda been able to make these maps usin the tiles5. And how would they have made the mini maps aswell not bein able to read them in mapedit.

So i renamed tiles5 to tiles, and i do actually get some flooring showing, however its clearly not the correct tiles so im at a loss!

I remember a **** server adding these maps and only having to download tiles, maybe because objects were already in though.

Most servers ive seen use these maps are 1.9, although MR added lost ship, and there were massive lag problems.... I made a **** load of kit by camping the door and waiting for people to walk thru door, it either crashed their client or made em lag out. Same happened again if u opened your minimap.

I Can't remember if the minimap thing ever got fixed, this info prob doesnt help but it might do, and i would like to see these maps on 4h so thought i would post neway.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

I've definitely opened these maps in mapeditor because I had to make minimaps for some of them. TD coded his client to read the Tiles5 wil

Todd I don't know what that comment has to do with this

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
I've definitely opened these maps in mapeditor because I had to make minimaps for some of them. TD coded his client to read the Tiles5 wil

Todd I don't know what that comment has to do with this

That i know there has problems with lost ship before, especially opening up a minimap. SO didnt know if that helped build a theory on the problem... eg if armours dont work then u chek ure armour file... maybe theres a link between floor not showing an mmap not working.

I dno, i dont know alot about maps, i never worked with them other than maps already in clients...

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
do u know 100% that TD coded his client to read tiles5.wil? because i dont see where mapedit reads ne thing above normal tiles.wil.

maybe they couldnt be opened in mapedit and thats why there was never ne mini maps made.. would explain why they are called tiles5. Ill get matt to make me a client later that supports tiles5 and take a look if they work ingame.

Im pretty sure the walls wont work tho as like i said, i got the wrong objects... and the clients that i do have were all copys from my client (oasis etc) dont have ragezone or empire client =/

checked the links and they are all dead aswell... if ne1 can upload objects from ragezone/empire be gr8...

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
do u know 100% that TD coded his client to read tiles5.wil? because i dont see where mapedit reads ne thing above normal tiles.wil.

maybe they couldnt be opened in mapedit and thats why there was never ne mini maps made.. would explain why they are called tiles5. Ill get matt to make me a client later that supports tiles5 and take a look if they work ingame.

Im pretty sure the walls wont work tho as like i said, i got the wrong objects... and the clients that i do have were all copys from my client (oasis etc) dont have ragezone or empire client =/

checked the links and they are all dead aswell... if ne1 can upload objects from ragezone/empire be gr8...

I've never actually asked him but I put 2 and 2 together and got that. That's where the tiles are located, so that's where they must be read from...

I thought I made the minimaps but I just remember I didn't, I only edited them. They were already in the rz mmap.wil

I'm pretty sure your only problem is lack of the right objects.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
possibly... wont know unless we find the correct objects tho.

it is strange tho the tiles should still show find even w/o the correct objects, but then i am getting errors so who knows

oh wel just have to w8 and see if ne1 has the empire/ragezone tiles to post.. and possibly the ragezone mmap.wil

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I've just looked on my external hdd and found a copy of client so bear with me.

Uploading now

(haha found all sorts on this hdd...idk why i didnt look there sooner!)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Aren't the objects 29+30???

I'll download n have gander later ty =D <3

I couldn't see anything relevant in 29, so only uploaded 30 :/

Updated first post with second link for objects and minimaps. Just like the tiles, the minimaps have their own wil.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
can u upload the normal tiles pls?

this is with just objects + tiles5 , as u can see walls work fine... but theres no tiles.. eg mapedit either doesnt load tiles5 and these will work ingame with a client that supports tiles5 (but where the hell would the client even start to load tiles5?) or its got nothing to do with tiles5.. and its just tiles.wil we need

also i tried renamin tiles5 to tiles.. its just grassing tiles (wrong tiles)

EDIT: after doing testing ingame think we just need normal tiles.wil... this tiles5 thing is i dunno.. does nothing lol

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
can u upload the normal tiles pls?

this is with just objects + tiles5 , as u can see walls work fine... but theres no tiles.. eg mapedit either doesnt load tiles5 and these will work ingame with a client that supports tiles5 (but where the hell would the client even start to load tiles5?) or its got nothing to do with tiles5.. and its just tiles.wil we need

also i tried renamin tiles5 to tiles.. its just grassing tiles (wrong tiles)

EDIT: after doing testing ingame think we just need normal tiles.wil... this tiles5 thing is i dunno.. does nothing lol

Similar to any .wil the tile5.wil needs to be added? if problem persists, then aye its the tiles.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
What u on about smavid? what needs to be added?

The mapedit is in a folder with tiles, tiles5 and objects30 that iceman sent me which he says are from the empire/ragezone client

and thats wot mapedit shows the walls fine, and we all know they are objects, but no flooring.. which is tiles.

if i rename tiles5 to tiles then i get these grassy tiles.
if i remove tiles and leave just tiles5 = nothing

the mapedit is readin only tiles.wil, im fairly certain it doesnt read tiles5.. why would it..

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
We used all those maps on Hellserver, and i am sure the only map that had to rebuilt due to using the rz tiles and objects was the guildzones,, if elvin was around he might answer as he did it....