Release my DM2 (mir 2.3 emu) files

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
you'd need the source of my current dbserver to be able to edit it not to use ms sql, unlikely that you'll have any chance of making a dbserver that works with my files and doesnt use ms sql yourself without the sources of my new ones

Pyros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 16, 2003
Would be alot less hassle to just use sql I think lol, unless you really want to just get the lomcn svn server source and edit it up to the standard of thedeaths(might take a while unless you're some sort of delphi programming professional).

Took me a few hours to sort out all my sql problems, not used it before really, but now all is working well on sql server 2005 express.

Last edited:

Genin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 23, 2005
so TD , whats your motive for making files closed source? :P

( ie when are you gunna start charging people for use of the files )???

Or is it simply to control Mir private servers? o_O

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
genin no it's cause i noticed everyone else wasnt sharing either so why should i bother to share my code for some other ppl who only want to code things for their own servers and not help out others?

Genin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 23, 2005
So 2 wrongs make a right???

tbh TD you have done great things with the files ... and they are working very well for a lot of servers.

Youve done great work with the DM2 files , but , I'm not convinced by the things you say ...

A lot of hosts request small changes that would take only a few minutes to fix [tdb is just an example of this] , however you choose not to do this.

Your files mimic Euro Mir , yet you make changes where you see fit ...
Your not creating a program for everyone , your molding mir into the way you think it should be , regardless of what the majority think , even you must admit that this is the case , and based on this is why people say your no good for the community.

I think the question is : why do you work on the files???
Selfless acts come from selfish motives ... I think people are very naive if they think you are doing this for "the good of mir and the community" ...

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
i have no affiliation with TD or any of his friends even, but i still upload updated sql databases for people to use, so that other people dont struggle reading through the updates doc trying to find out all the changes thay need to make to get the server to run fine, and posting with the same qestions over and over. And yes it is for the good of the community i do it. these forums helped us out a lot when we were starting a server up, only right to put something back,, dont you think?

Rasheed

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 6, 2003
The New Monkey
you'd need the source of my current dbserver to be able to edit it not to use ms sql, unlikely that you'll have any chance of making a dbserver that works with my files and doesnt use ms sql yourself without the sources of my new ones

With these codes would that allow for 1.9 currents db's to be passed over onto 2.3 or is that something entirely different -.- lol?

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
rasheed: the main thing you'd need to convert 1.9 to 2.3 isnt info on 2.3 cause most of that is already in ms sql
the problem is you need info on 1.9 which you dont have (unless you get the chinese sourcecodes for the exact version of 1.9 exes you use)

as for genin: it's a bit complex, i kinda like coding even tho most of the time it bores me and pisses me off bigtime
also technicaly i'd much rather just have one big mir server but well i cant be bothered to cause there's way to much work for me to do in order to make the server i'd want

i decided i'd release files for whoever wants to use them
personaly if i really did just what i wanted it'd disable any server from having more then 5*exp and other silly things like that
servers like that ruin the whole point in even trying to make updates, there's no point in adding new spells and stuff if the server hosts just give them to everyone from the start, ppl will just get bored of the new spells within days, while if they have to 'work' to get a new spell and slowly get used to them there's more 'fun' in exploring the new features :p

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
heavensent depends on the changes i make, usualy i try to update at least once every week (ocasionaly 2weeks) that doesnt mean i'll update for every tiny change usualy i try to get a few changes together and release that rather then having a daily mini patch

BlueJeans

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2004
7. Once your SQL Server is running open Enterprise Manager and go into your SQL databases, there should already be ‘master’, ‘model’, ‘msdb’, ‘Northwind’, ‘pubs’, ‘tempdb’.

nobberbv4.jpg

where do i look to find the

"SQL databases, there should already be ‘master’, ‘model’, ‘msdb’, ‘Northwind’, ‘pubs’, ‘tempdb’." ?????????/

thx!

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
just keep clicking the + sign till you come to your server group, and in there will be a folder called databases

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
click start, all programs,microsoft sql server, then click service manager, a box will open up showing server and services, hopefully the top option will show your sql server name, click start, then try looking for the database in sql enterprise

BlueJeans

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2004
nobberqc8.jpg

nobbersi3.jpg

this dont seem to like me any clue on what i have to do now ?

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
if same happens when you got the sql server running its because your on a user name on your pc so when it has the domain log in bit and say your PC user is Joe Bloggs, you will need to enter your password when SQL is setting up for your windows user other wise it wont connect, this was my problem any way

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
ermmm look here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282254

and after doing this part, mine has "local system account" checked

3. Use one of the following steps based on your instance type:• For a default instance of SQL Server, double-click MSSQLServer, and then click the Log On tab.

BlueJeans

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2004
right got that bit working ...

next prob

nobberfk9.jpg

also i dont follow the instructions on how to make my self a GM !

any help wil be great !

Status
Not open for further replies.