My first attempt using photoshop =X

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
My first attempts using photoshop =X

hey peoples, i just whipped this up for my m8 for his new server, its the first time iv ever touched photoshop so i dont think i did a bad job, any comments are welcome, any tips on where i could improve etc

-Jay

Last edited:

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
thanks for comments, had another go and made my avatar lol, am jus tryin to get used to using PS before i start attemptin any masterpieces :D:D

dscottys

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2005
Liverpool
I like your avatar alot more than your banner :) its cool

Keep it up :)

The only way your gonna get better is to keep trying ;)

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
avatar looks so much better normal, for some reason its faded on the forums, the red lines effect on the black looks so much sharper on my pc, maybe its because its been stretched to fit i dont know :S

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
I like your avatar alot more than your banner :) its cool

Keep it up :)

The only way your gonna get better is to keep trying ;)

hehe, maybe this looks a bit sharper than it does on my avatar =X

heres another go, my mate wanted a new UT3 Siggy so i thought id av a crack lol

-Jay

P.s. i must admit im a bit of a fan for red on black

Last edited:

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
last 1 and im gna go bed lol, decided to do myself a sig :)

pls comment, tell me good / bad points n where i could improve!!
-Jay

Reactions: dscottys

dscottys

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2005
Liverpool
Really like the UT3 sig great use of pics :)

Not sure the font goes with it though sorry :( still like it though lol

Also your avatar looks a lot sharper and better when you posted it :)

Keep them coming and keep this section alive m8 :)

P.s my sig was only done last night...just a quick one for the time being till i can be bothered to take my time lol :)

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
i dont like any of them, look soo boring, then again my works boring too :P

But yee siggy looks crud in my opinion, edges are cut badly on images etc..

dscottys

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2005
Liverpool
Bare in mind its his first few tries not everyone can be as perfect as others...

Did you make your avatar? i like it :)

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
****ing **** mate, go kill yourself please and uninstall photoshop whilst you're at it

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
The images u used on the 3rd picture, look wrongly placed, there too small so they look randomly placed.

The background colour doesn't go with the red skull*. When have you ever seen a red like that and a blue image placed on it? you don't bud. Change it to something that looks nicer.

By the looks of things your placing your effort in the background then giving up by the time you've reached the renders and images.

The unreal tournament that went well. There is flaws but to be fair it's your best so far.

Keep at it though, I'm sure you'll improve.

Last edited:

dscottys

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2005
Liverpool
****ing **** mate, go kill yourself please and uninstall photoshop whilst you're at it

Bit ott wasnt it?

Hes learning im sure the majority of people who use photoshop the first time arent great...

Whats so special about your designs? and whats so special about you that gives you the right to tell someone to kill themselves you pathetic immature boy...

Tbh with ya i think you deserve a infraction or something for that due to things said like that to some people can actually effect them.

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
dont call me mate please, i do not know you and judging by the maturity in your post I dont think im missing out :punch:

as far asthe other comments go thanks czelda, i like constructive criticism however i still think the red and blue go together ok, i know there are beter colours but each to their own :dunce:

-Jay

Dark12345

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
Portsmouth

A little harsh , dont you think?....lol.

Err , try something a little smaller , calm down on the overdose of brushes , use blending options on your layers more , and try to use colours that dont contrast so much. Mess about with your layers , try changing the transparency and perhaps add a few outter glows here and there.Add a Border , use a nicer font , and get imaginative , merge your renders with other images ect. Go look at some experinced PS users graphics , TxGraphics for example , try develop ideas of his if it makes you any better :).

Heres a quick something i whipped up , its not very good but ive added various effects to this image and made it look abit better.

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
dont call me mate please, i do not know you and judging by the maturity in your post I dont think im missing out :punch:

as far asthe other comments go thanks czelda, i like constructive criticism however i still think the red and blue go together ok, i know there are beter colours but each to their own :dunce:

-Jay

Red and blue go together? This is why you didn't get a serious answer...Any colour can work with any colour within reason, but since you clearly don't know much about photoshop you will not make these colours work together well.

Now **** off and learn something as you will learn jack **** here.