My First Map

JoeAshton

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 4, 2006
hey this is my first map i have made will be going in m8s server as a homezone what u all think

hz1un6.jpg

AtomSlap

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
I R POOR
Looking at it, I think its an "inside HomeZone" althugh i've never seen it done before...

1. Why are there buildings on the inside?

2. What is the point of the bridge?

3. It looks like half way thorugh you thought to yourself "Oh S***T, I have a
Few objects in and its looks a bit empty....Hmmm maybe If I add some
absolute pointless buildings etc for no damn reason XD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. 2/10 For Produce - The 2 is because its your first, if "Judge" Made
It, It would've been a -1.

5. 2/10 For Effort.

(No Offence)

JoeAshton

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 4, 2006
Looking at it, I think its an "inside HomeZone" althugh i've never seen it done before...

1. Why are there buildings on the inside? these will be buyable in game for ur own hosue which u may then sell on to others if wanted

2. What is the point of the bridge? i dont know what the point of u ??

3. It looks like half way thorugh you thought to yourself "Oh S***T, I have a
Few objects in and its looks a bit empty....Hmmm maybe If I add some
absolute pointless buildings etc for no damn reason XD nah i nevery tbh the bulidings at the top will be shops
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. 2/10 For Produce - The 2 is because its your first, if "Judge" Made
It, It would've been a -1. as i said its my first map and is only a home town so no need to make it huge with loads of deatils ect

5. 2/10 For Effort. lol shut up noob the wall thing is gay had to undo things like 9 times and had to re do like 4 times as would not let me delete sum things ><

(No Offence)

like to see ur first try at a map lol plz post

AtomSlap

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
I R POOR
I see you can't take criticism...Don't post unless you're ready to face the possible consequences =/

AtomSlap

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
I R POOR
atom no offense but that is a mint map for afirst attempt and he is right u cant even make a map.

8/10 for me

wow...all of a sudden people have just become pyscic and suddenly know my thoughts.....or is it that you're both stalking me

This forum is here to make comment/criticise other people's work if neccassary. It is what i am doing. If you don't like it there is a Logout button in the top right corner

Logout - HERE

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
imo Atom , u need to stop being so stuck up , its a gd map as it was someones 1st try - i am talking out of experiance as ive made a few maps imo

This is a very good map and i will give him a 9/10
as no it aint easy to make maps for the 1st time.

He has the walls all joind perfect etc etc and not manny people can do that on there 1st time - even i tryed to get walls done on my 1st time but had no idea lol , so yea over all its a good map and dont listen to sad people who say it is bad because its your 1st time and i bet u be good at makeing more maps.

Over and out.!

LinX

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2006
England
I would give:

5/10 Layout
5/10 Effort
8/10 Detail
3/10 Size
8/10 Creativity.
7/10 First Attempt

Overall Rating: 6/10
Percantage: 60%

Bit cramped, And i personally think Atom is kinda of right, on the basis, that you have overdone it, with planting in lot's of Object's in various placement's too fill in the gap's. That would be my professional Opinion.
My advice is too not cement the object's so close to each other, and generally give enough breathing space.

AtomSlap

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
I R POOR
oh ffs, i know about maps, i know what is needed in maps, i dont go on servers and just wander around random ****ing places...

and ffs playboy stfu about the "lost server files" *cough*

you suck.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
To be honest its a good first attempt. But its worth nowhere near 9/10.

Imo i would give it 3/10, purely as its his first map.

/Me

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
it is good as a first attempt, but if it is going to be a homezone, then perhaps i would of used lighter floor tiles,, might get depressing stood there with a dark floor, but thats just me, think i might suffer from SAD. :)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
a good first attempt? hes added some walls, then found the object window and added alot of objects. its really not that hard.

JackBauerCTU

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2006
i agree with Farphit hes just added a few walls and some objects nothing special....