New Server

smoochy boys on tour

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
Right basically ive just quit EvilMir server.

So as everyone is getting banned or leaving am going to get a decent server up for you all but im going to need quite abit of help and ideas.

When people post can they please put [IDEA] then what it is and al make a big list and try get it into server want stuuf like med stats low exp etc etc.. im also looking for some help as many as possible but..

There will be NO GMS only reward will be a title above ur name saying VIP i wont even be a gm im basically going to see if theres a way to remove gm commands so there will be no chance of corruption only way people will be banned is if alot of proof is given and its something bad eg bug exploiting or constant griefing over and over.

Ive got network to host on till it goes live ( out of beta ) then al buy a dedi what u all think?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
wots point, a good decent server takes months of hard work and good ideas, u cant just wipe up a server over nite

just w8 for hellzloose or soemthing else

Nightrider

~{GoD}~
VIP
Feb 21, 2004
Southampton,Uk
there is a way to make no gm's just dnt put anyones name in the Admin.txt file :P or soon as you log in type @permission "name" 1
-Dan

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Start with basic 2.3 server files, set exp to like 20x at least, add a Blank NPC to SZ, and build on the server from there whilst it's still live (starting by adding things like teleports to your starter npc). You can add functions to the npc without distrupting the server, maybe even reload items in DM2. within a few days you could have a half decent custom server on the way, and testing would be an ongoing process. :)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Start with basic 2.3 server files, set exp to like 20x at least, add a Blank NPC to SZ, and build on the server from there whilst it's still live (starting by adding things like teleports to your starter npc). You can add functions to the npc without distrupting the server, maybe even reload items in DM2. within a few days you could have a half decent custom server on the way, and testing would be an ongoing process. :)
ppl would lvl to fast for him 2 add stuff lol, ud have 2 at least get all tele's sorted, and a few caves/items up to about lvl40 ish, then build from there

DemDem

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 25, 2004
BOYTHORPE,england
Just wait a few days and my server will be up most probably. Atm we just sorting hosting etc, got it up for testing and adding updates. So atm just basic 2.3 files SQL, but all bosses working and all spells except Mirroring and ain't tryed Protection field yet.

So wait a little for hellzloose or Whatever we call this, not yet decided.

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
probs gonna do this then u fancy lending a hand?

Fallstaff

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 22, 2005
UK
[idea] 2.3 Version Of Torozor Not Lookin The Same But The Leveling And Stats Levels I Like Massively High Because Torozor Been Best Server Ive Played

Shado

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 1, 2004
toro was pooop i like high rate high stats but toro no where near one of my fav's

Mackem

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 18, 2004
Kent, S.E England
[Idea] dont use any euro maps, have customs. have 3-4 caves per leveling group ( level 5-10 10-15 etc. ) and not all packed so wzzies level faster than anyone else and so everyone not leveling in same cave.

Use same item skins or custom if ya can but change names and change stats on skins if its gonna be high rate. d ring dc 0-10 a.speed + 3 or something.

On boss hunting areas dont use tele straight into KR, run the floors or make some custom temples and even if ya have to run through 3 or 4 small rooms packed with mobs better than teleing straight there and people camping.

Guilds if ya can reckon should have 15-20 people max, otherwise you get two or three big main guilds where as if people make there own be more sw wars and spread out better.

Also definetly a custom HZ as BW, everyone uses.

Slaves aswell for all classes ;)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
[Idea]

On boss hunting areas dont use tele straight into KR, run the floors or make some custom temples and even if ya have to run through 3 or 4 small rooms packed with mobs better than teleing straight there and people camping.

Guilds if ya can reckon should have 15-20 people max, otherwise you get two or three big main guilds where as if people make there own be more sw wars and spread out better.

disagree with u there, yes tele shouldnt take u right inside KR true, but should take u say 10secs run from the KR door. i hate runnin/rtin 2 boss's takes the jimmy ~.~

and the guild thing is just silly lol

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
I'm working with John on this project, we're making a start on it today, and it will be going live asap (probably later this week), with updates planned to be almost daily.

Will be hosted on a home system for now, with aims to upgrade to a dedicated box in the UK :)

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Doesn't appeal to me, I've never been a fan of high stat servers. Gonna give this project ago, see where it takes us.

Got loads of ideas, just need to impliment them :)