new source project - recruiting.

smoochy boys on tour

SoulKeeper

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2006
sweet nice idea i would help out but cant no ide how to code but i do know were most things about server files so can help out on that side

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
Great thanks everyone, we are still looking for more peoples so if you wanna join the list is still open.

The work will start very soon, I am checking now the best way to do the first step - sniffing the packages, there is no point of starting in a wrong way. Also hallmat will provide the server for the project.

Last edited:

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
some details:

I have checked what we should do on the start, its either making our own client, or finding the decryption of the euro client/holley client.

advantages of our own client:
- we can build the client the way we want it.
- we will know exactly how its built
- we won't have to sniff for weeks after some files.

disadvantages
- Building our own client is something very complicated, we will have to either learn ourself how to build on or to get someone who can tell us exactly what to do
- We need to make a new 16bit wil reader that can display .wil files in some graphical interface (not a simple picturebox in a form)

advantages of encrypted euro/holley client
- it will take less time probably
- we won't need expert in building clients/finding the information ourself

disadvantages
- we need someone to encrypt the client (not easy task at all, I was informed that the only one who can do on lomcn is Damian)
- we will have to sniff for weeks after that

now vote what do you think we should do.

btw I wanna add here a guide to delphi, you can learn it quite fast from here:
http://www.cesis.lv/learn/delphi/

Last edited:

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
I have changed a few things in my last post, look there for more details.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
Count me in if your interested, I'm sure Coly already has a source of his own he was working on.

Give me a pm if interested.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
I got a nice offer from thedeath, if we can make client that will be decent enough for his taste (won't be easy), he will support us.

For anyone who don't know him, thedeath is pro when its comes to making source, he have done very nice jobs on mir2.

So take it into consideration when you choose if you want to make our own client or use Euro client as well.

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
id rather focus on making a working server source as the client we got from wemade is sufficient to play (why inventing the weel new?)..if u realy goin to make an own client (waste of time?) try add shorty to the team as well as shes experienced with this kind of work hehe

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
id rather focus on making a working server source as the client we got from wemade is sufficient to play (why inventing the weel new?)..if u realy goin to make an own client (waste of time?) try add shorty to the team as well as shes experienced with this kind of work hehe

The thing is, if we make new client, the source making might be easier as we know exactly what the client is sending and we can control it + we can add new outputs from the client.

The other thing that might happened and will force us to make new client, is if we cannot find anyone who can encrypt the exe of the client, as you probably know the client is encrypted like 5-10 times so without real pro that know about that (and according to thedeath only damian on lomcn can do it) we won't be able to use the client.

Chimera you deserve new color :)

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
No offense intended...

1) Hallmat
2) Mythonline - [email protected]
3) Coly (only giving instructions atm)
4) Chimera
5) SoulKeeper
6) Dumachi
7) Dr3AmScAp3
8) DeMoN
9) LightningStar
10) zedina
11) TritoN
12) Lyncus

The only people i know that might do some good is Lyncus, Coly and TritoN.
If thedeath joins it will turn out the same as mir2 with him doing everything, it's a good idea but it won't work.

Building our own client is something very complicated, we will have to either learn ourself how to build on or to get someone who can tell us exactly what to do

lol? Some one telling you exactly how todo everything might aswell code it themselves.

How many people can actually code delphi in your team apart from Coly and Lyncus?

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
No offense intended...

1) Hallmat
4) Chimera
5) SoulKeeper
6) Dumachi
7) Dr3AmScAp3
8) DeMoN
9) LightningStar
10) Zedina
11) TritoN
12) Lyncus

If thedeath joins it will turn out the same as mir2 with him doing everything, it's a good idea but it won't work.

lol? Some one telling you exactly how todo everything might aswell code it themselves.

How many people can actually code delphi in your team apart from Coly and Lyncus?
Look, Mir3 community is dying.

I am trying to give it a new life by making new source and adding new features using it. Even peoples who don't know Delphi very good or not at all can learn Delphi, I even put a guide for Delphi.

A lot of the work of making source/client is black work, simple Delphi functions that don't require a lot of experience in programming. Also when you are building server files you need to run after data like how much damage something is doing (its not as easy at it sound), thats not requiring any Delphi. (I am not pro on this, but this does sound logical to me)

Btw I have found this thread:
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=17695&highlight=mir3+clients
wondering if it can help us.

Dr3AmScAp3

Banned
Banned
Veteran
No offense intended...

1) Hallmat
4) Chimera
5) SoulKeeper
6) Dumachi
7) Dr3AmScAp3
8) DeMoN
9) LightningStar
10) zedina
11) TritoN
12) Lyncus

I know enough to the point ive all ready looked into the euro/holly clients and looked at making them more durable. But the biggest problem with re-coding them, is the fact that they are so buggy and so all over the place they are hard to work on.

Oh and by the way, ive re-written the server files several times. So you could say i know what im doing.