new source project - recruiting.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Did you, guys, think of the portability? What about linux users? :D
I've been playing a while with C/C++ and SDL and for 2D graphics, it works just fine...SDL can be ported to linux, too
Just my 2 cents

Go ahead and knock yourself out. I know i won't be coding a linux version for 2 people to use and the rest post endless threads asking how-to use linux.

kerano1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2003
I just wish the DMC mir2 client could real mir3 wils, ive tried over and over but im not knowledgeable to do it.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Add me to msn i'll walk you through it. [email protected]

replace the 3 with and e.

I didnt make the mir3 client work with the gates, i made a new client to work with my gates. Just made it look like mir3.

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
Rebuilding mir3 from scratch? why? lol.

Youv got the Mir2 Server Source code and youv got the Mir07 Client Source code... both already work with each other and the Mir07 Client allows 32bit colours. All you would need to do is rip all the mir3 images and build them in a .gil (Mir07's libary) then code in the extra functions that mir3 has...

would save a **** load of time and effort... or am i missing a bigger picture?

/MrEcho

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
lol yeah that it would be easyer some ppl like to do it the hard way and as many ppl have said its over this is not going to work as ne1 can follow through

where is the source for mir07?? and isnt mir2 server source really buggy?

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Rebuilding mir3 from scratch? why? lol.

Youv got the Mir2 Server Source code and youv got the Mir07 Client Source code... both already work with each other and the Mir07 Client allows 32bit colours. All you would need to do is rip all the mir3 images and build them in a .gil (Mir07's libary) then code in the extra functions that mir3 has...

would save a **** load of time and effort... or am i missing a bigger picture?

/MrEcho

o.O you have allready 32bit pixel support in the Wil file, you don't need other format.

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
o.O you have allready 32bit pixel support in the Wil file, you don't need other format.

Mir2.wils dont support 32bit colours they only support 256colours, if you created a .wil that supported 32bit colours then ok... but why do that when these files already support .gil?

/Echo

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
If a person wants to challenge themselves to see if something can be done then more power to them and no-one should discourage that. All I have to say.

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
hehe Holy I know Mir2 , I mean the Mir3 files. Sorry then I have don't understand right. I believe the Project is dead here...

thaface

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2006
Im no hater so GOOD LUCK

Only wouldnt it be a thought to just play a next-gen MMORPG? most are free now and really do put mir to R.I.P

You say the community is dying? i dont know about you but the mir community died years ago, Re-designing the game wouldnt make that much difference

Heres a thought, If you guys are code nutters etc, why not make an ORIGINAL MMORPG of you own? you all have great ideas and great skills,
There is more people listed on my MSN than there is on private servers these days

Anywayz everyones gotta get a buzz from summit and i understand, Truely Good Luck, Might also be a good idea to advertise this venture to more than just LOMCN. ( sum private mir players dont even use this site)

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
hehe Holy I know Mir2 , I mean the Mir3 files. Sorry then I have don't understand right. I believe the Project is dead here...
I cannot do anything for this project, I am soldier now ^^