New status pages - feedback needed

Join Discord

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
Hey all, I've been out of the scene for a while and have just started doing abit on the side.
There's something about this that you just can't escape.

Anyway, i've been creating some new status pages and i'm just wondering what you guys think; if you remember I did a post asking what resolution people are on, it was for this.

These pages are in the very early stages; the page you see below is the front page when you have just logged in; you will create and manage your in-game account from here. The 'Account status' you see at the top reffers a traffic light system; if the account holder is behaving themselves then it will remain green, if the account holder is suspected of cheating or bug exploting then the administrator will change this to orange, the final stage of course is red which is either restricted service or ban. The rest you see if a layout of the characters on your account, their level, class, name and gold they are carrying. Beside that there's a visual representation of what the characters are wearing in-game. This uses javascript to create roll-over stats like ingame; added stats are also displayed in a mir3-like way. This is the groundwork for another feature; you will be able to search for any character and view what they're wearing. Of course, you might say, there's an issue of security and privacy here. In your account management you will be able to disable this feature so that nobody else can view your statistics.
Also the layout will be changed; the layout of the items. Eventually they will be laid over the in-game character view window to look really nice.

www.legendofmir2.org/pages.gif

I'm not planning on doing a server; these pages will be used on a couple of servers in-the-making, and if I eventually do create a server then i'll use them to. These will not be released.

P.S. - The eagle eye'd amoungst you will notice that there's no necklace or candle slot there; that's because they're not done yet! :P

UPDATE - 29/05/05
Have changed a few things and have begun the task of displaying the items properly, any thoughts? EXP percentage is now displayed and online users list now works. Only started by doing one item; i'm going away for a few days so these won't get restarted until then.

www.legendofmir2.org/osc4.gif

Last edited:

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
Minion said:
P.S. - The eagle eye'd amoungst you will notice that there's no necklace there; that's because it isn't done yet! :P

lol looks cool :D

Minion said:
P.S. - The eagle eye'd amoungst you will notice that there's no necklace there; that's because it isn't done yet! :P

no candle either :P

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
ipixie™ said:
looks great!, you should try sexing the CSS up!

Hehe the design's only temporary, forgot to mention that;
The table borders were used to help me place everything.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Cant wait to see the end result with a good design :). The start looks wicked ^_^

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
Minion said:
I'm not planning on doing a server; these pages will be used on a couple of servers in-the-making, and if I eventually do create a server then i'll use them to. These will not be released.

Make a theard with this app when u lunch the servers or warever don`t post ur mir application just to make ppl want it. I am 100% shure that a lot of ppl will want this...and if u dont want to realse just dont post this program here. POst when the server is up ass a new thingy that other servers dont have.

Ur post sounds like "I am so k00l - watch me" -> this is a comunity if u really created something great and unique then realse it to ppl no1 will steal ur credits.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Ripman said:
Make a theard with this app when u lunch the servers or warever don`t post ur mir application just to make ppl want it. I am 100% shure that a lot of ppl will want this...and if u dont want to realse just dont post this program here. POst when the server is up ass a new thingy that other servers dont have.

Ur post sounds like "I am so k00l - watch me" -> this is a comunity if u really created something great and unique then realse it to ppl no1 will steal ur credits.
Well, the problem with releasing stuff on here, is that people will start having nooby problems. They will start flooding us with stupid questions, if there will be a slight bug, they will surely come and flame at the maker, they will want everything handed to them on a plate, a good example of this is the release of the 1.9 server files.

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
ingel said:
Well, the problem with releasing stuff on here, is that people will start having nooby problems. They will start flooding us with stupid questions, if there will be a slight bug, they will surely come and flame at the maker, they will want everything handed to them on a plate, a good example of this is the release of the 1.9 server files.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Ripman said:
no1 will steal ur credits.

Oh yes they will.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
when it comes to the likes of websites he have to release the entire set which means people could easily edit to his own standard

+ Sean didnt you tell me you need to buy kaoris convertor for it to work at all

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
MiloFoxburr said:
when it comes to the likes of websites he have to release the entire set which means people could easily edit to his own standard

+ Sean didnt you tell me you need to buy kaoris convertor for it to work at all

not unless u make ur own :P

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
i am a gree with u all but i am not agree that ur posting about this if no1 will ever recive this why we should see ? We probaly must hear when a server of urs comes online and say that u have special status pages that no server have.

The theard name is: "New status pages" -> when u say "New" here on LOMCN then this is a public thing -> "New" sounds like "New for all" because the last status files that were released around here were from RageZone.

is ok but as i told i dont agree about posting here something that will not help comunity, try to imagine something like ->

Theard: EuroMir2.0 server files

Today i managed to get the mir2.0 server files translated from euro mir but u know guys i`ll never realse :D

How u will feel?

My last word -> Good job with the idea - my opinion - it rulez

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
Ripman said:
i am a gree with u all but i am not agree that ur posting about this if no1 will ever recive this why we should see ? We probaly must hear when a server of urs comes online and say that u have special status pages that no server have.

The theard name is: "New status pages" -> when u say "New" here on LOMCN then this is a public thing -> "New" sounds like "New for all" because the last status files that were released around here were from RageZone.

is ok but as i told i dont agree about posting here something that will not help comunity, try to imagine something like ->

Today i managed to get the mir2.0 server files translated from euro mir but u know guys i`ll never realse :D

How u will feel?

You people are the ones who'll be using it at the end; if not actually running it yourselves.
I was asking people for their oppinions; what they think I should change/keep. It was never about 'look what I have' it's 'look what you may use in the future'.

Stop

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 8, 2005
Ahhh, back to that then are you sean ;)

:doggy!:

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
lol.. hes giving us a preview of what to expect when hes done. Why are you already complaining?

Showing off your work helps I think. Its How it is for me really. IF people like what i'm making.. it encourages me to work on it more.

Give him a break tbh.

Good job on the status pages.:bouncey:

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
please dont understand me wrong is ok the idea is great and he doing great job on this project bu i was pissed off about "These will not be released."

My good opinion is that this si a great project and keep it up. i am not complaining.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Ripman said:

How u will feel?

It is hes work, he can do WHATEVER HE WANTS with it. From what i get, he shouldnt have told us that he is workin on this project unless he was going to release the whole thing?

I disagree.

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
Ta for the support guys.

So, any thoughts on the layout and other features that you'd like to see done.
The main idea behind these pages is just to help the out-of-game experience with statistics, league tables etc.

I added in a feature earlier, if the server owner so wishes he can enable "true duras" allowing the stat pages to show dura of items worn to 3 decimal places, eg 3.567. Some may want this, others may not.

In terms of the features i'm thinking of:
Better display of stats; making the added stats stand out more, curse will be displayed red, when the item is dura 0 it will also be displayed red.

Last edited: