[OldSkool_V2] - [2.3] - [HighRate] - [DediHost] - [Take a look]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
*** [OldSkool_V2] - [2.3] - [HighRate] - [DediHost] ***

Server Info

OldSkool 2.3
Website -http://www.oldskoolmir.net/
Forums: http://oldskoolmir.net/forum/index.php
Can a mod update the 1st post with these links please?

Full Client Download:

www.oldskoolftp.net/OldSkool26.rar

Please download the latest mir.exe Here:

www.oldskoolftp.net/mir2.rar

SERVER IP: 84.244.143.246

EXP x30-50.. changes a lot, cant put an exact ammount on it

Host

Dedicated server

Stats

Medium-High...

Unique Class System:

Each class has a sub-class they can choose at level40, they then gain a unique title above their name, aswell as a colour which both change every 5 levels, eg. level40= level1Knight, level45= Level2Knight. Each class recieves his own class ring with special stats which cant be traded/droped etc. also certain class's have there own summons.

but thats not all, also pressin keys 7/8/9 allows use to use ur unique class skill. eg, assasin 'Quick and deadly killer', key7= -100mp but adds 20% dc. etc

Sub Class's are:

Knight
Bersker
Assasin
Paladin
Druid

Mage
PaperMage
IronMage
NegaMage

Priest
Afflicated

For a Full List of sub class spells, aswell as a summery, please look here:
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=609368&postcount=4

HomeZone:
Like OldSkool 1.4, ive gone for the classic BichonWall, altho TeleLand is also considered a SZ, and a place you'd most likely AFK. PI is also a main town used for teleports.

Boss's:

Server is full of different types of boss's. There are boss's that can be solo'd with decent kit, boss's that take small groups, boss's that take a big group/guild. Harder they are, better they drop.
There are all your old favourite euro boss's, aswell as lots more....
All with there own different style of magic attacks

Maps:

Server has a wide varity of maps, aswell as a lot of custom made never seen before maps.

Items + Item Qaulity:

Item Qaulity.. whats it all about?

Simple, most items ingame are either Normal - Rare - SuperRare.
-Normal items will just have the standard name,
-Rare will have -R at the end of the name, and
-SuperRare will have -SR at the end of the name
Better the qaulity, better the stats, but also rarer the item.

Item Sets are every 5 levels, Each item scattered across 5 levels, eg ring=41, brace=42, helm=44 etc
Aswell as special sets that change class / change level, and can only be found it certain caves. eg. Mir set from evilmir, Spiked set from spikedboss, ZumaItems from ZumaLand etc etc.
Also a lot of random items doted about with unique stats, eg acc+10 agil+5 brace etc
All new item skins from level 40 onwards

Pets:..
You may obtain pets through completin a class sytem, harder the quest, better the pet.

Quests:

QuestLady is the main quest npc ingame, with 6 different stages each 1 gettin harder than the last, but with better prizes.

-Stage1: 8 Quests for 8 caves, must kill a random mob in each cave that the NPC asks u to.
-Stage2: 8 Quests for 8 caves, must kill a random boss that the NPC asks u to
-Stage3: Booty collection, must collect a diff amount of booty that the npc asks u to (eg. antgem etc)
-Stage4: Similar to stage1, but a lot harder mobs
-Stage5: Similar to stage2, but a lot harder boss's
-Stage6: 6 Floor dungeon, must make ur way to KR and defeat the Boss to complete quest.

Other Quests

There are many other side quests ingame that you must complete to unlock features

-Bull quest, speak to rt man 'bull' to complete his quest for a tao/war/wiz amulet (added stats)
-Pet NPC quest, must complete a small quest to unlock standard pets, then a harder quest to unlock higher lvl and better pets.
-Healer Quest, quick noob quest to unlock healer pets
-Booty Quest, collect booty for the NPC to exchange for prizes
-OldSkoolSword quest, massive quest consising of a lot of diff things, end prize = OldSkoolSword, breaks on death.

Latest Updates :

-Secret BugKing cave added to BC, accessable via LDC
-NumaCave + AntCave added to LithiumProvince (use town teleport NPC at teleland to access these areas)
-ShinigamiProvince added to townteleport NPC, new temple added to province, u must explore to find.
-GT garden and GTmines added
-Fox cave adjusted (mob stats+EXP), and fox items made lvl 50 52 54 - 56 58 60...
-DarkDragnDungeon(DDD) added, has a bdd style effect to it (lvlin mobs+a mini boss on each floor) with the final boss bein AllCreation (a boss that spawns a lot off diff mobs, prob be 1 of hardest boss's in game)
-Ice Cave added, 5 floor dungeon that links to Artic Cave. There are to KRs, 1 with IceQueen... other with ArticPrince.
-GroupChallengeRoom added, group of 10 may attempt the 6 stage mob ladder in order to obtain gamepoints which can be traded for prizes via the GamePoint NPC
-QuestLady added with 6 stages of quests
-Pet NPC added with side quest
-Brand new province made by kizza (all map credit goes 2 him, thx!)
For level 60+

Whats in this province?

-Massive and very hard quest to obtain OldSkoolMace (all class weap, very nice stats, breaks on death, cant take off)
-5 Floor dungeon where most of the quest work takes place, each stage of the quest u complete allowes you to go to higher floors.
Also the only normal mobs that drop lvl 60+ kit. (wont drop -R or -SR tho)
-All the town npcs in this province incase u decide your bored of BW and want a change.

Will be addin to this province:

-Quest for Tao only cave
-Quest for War only cave
-Quest for Wiz only cave
-The 3 caves that are war/tao/wiz only.

-Rebirth town (its near bottom)
-Rebirth Quest
-Level 70 Quest

Forums: http://oldskoolmir.net/forum/index.php

Video = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAlHTBOGjG0

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Re: *** [OldSkool_V2] - [2.3] - [HighRate] - [DediHost] ***

Warrior Sub Class's
Knight - Berserker - Assassin - Paladin - Druid
Knight
Spells Learnt when class is choosen
FENCING - SPIRITSWORD - SLAYING - THRUSTING - HALFMOON - SHOULDERDASH - TWINDRAKEBLADE - FLAMINGSWORD
Spells Available to learn via books
FlameSword - TDB - Entrapment - LionRoar - CrossHalfMoon - Blade Avalanche - Pro Field - Rage - WarriorStorm
Quick sum up of the class-
Knight has the highest HP of all the warrior class's, including the best ac/amc, however for what it gains it defense, it lacks in dc, however has slightly more acc. This is the ideal 'Tank' class.
Key7: HP+25%
Key8: Summons a weak healer pet

Berserker
FENCING - SLAYING - THRUSTING - HALFMOON - SHOULDERDASH - TWINDRAKEBLADE - FLAMINGSWORD
FlameSword - TDB - Entrapment - LionRoar - Crosshalfmoon - Blade Avalanche - Pro Field - Rage - WarriorStorm
This is an average warrior class, bein able to learn all of the books. It has the 2nd highest HP of the sub class's, its dc is better than a knight, but not as good as an assasine. Berserker is the balance between Knight + Assassine.
Key7: A Speed+2 Dc+10% for 90secs

Assassin
SPIRITSWORD - FENCING - SLAYING - THRUSTING - SHOULDERDASH - TWINDRAKEBLADE - FLAMINGSWORD - PURIFICATION lvl1 - LIRONROAR - CROSSHALFMOON autolearnt at lvl55
FlameSword - TDB - Entrapment - Blade Avalanche - Rage - WarriorStorm
Assasine has the highest dc of all the class's, makin it a deadly opponent, however for what it gains in strength, it lacks in defense. Without skills such as protection field, or extra ac/amc on their class ring, aswell as havin the lowest HP of all the warrior class's(also havin to use key8 to buff their HP up) they are very weak in defense. However they gain purification lvl1, which can be very handy at times. Overall a good damage dealin class but lacks defense.
Key7: Dc+20% for 30-50 secs
Key8: HP+10%

Paladin
FENCING - SLAYING - THRUSTING - HALFMOON - SHOULDERDASH - HEALING - MASSHEALING - BLESSEDARMOUR - HIDING - MASSHIDING - SOULFIREBALL - SOULSHIELD
FlameSword - Entrapment - LionRoar - CrossHalfmoon - Pro Field - Rage - UltimateEnhancer - Reincarnation - WarriorStorm
Paladin is a a cross between a taoist and a warrior, with its various defense buff skills (such as BlessedArmour/SoulShield, protectionshield) but lacks a vital warrior skill; Twindragonblade. However paladin have the ability to summon 3 angels that help with its attack.
Key7: Summon x2 Offensive Angels
Key8: Summon Defensive Angel

Taoist Sub Class's
Priest - Necromancer - Afflicter - Paladin - NegaMage
Priest
HEALING - SPIRITSWORD - POISONING - SOULFIREBALL - HIDING - MASSHIDING - SOULSHIELD - REVELATION - BLESSEDARMOUR - ENERGYREPULSOR - TRAPHEXAGON - MASSHEALING - SUMMONSHINSU - PURIFICATION
Hallucination - UltimateEnhancer - Reincarnation - SummonHolyDeva - Curse lvl1 - PoisonCloud - TaoFullMoon - AdvSoulFireBall - SummonDeathMan
Your standard taoist, able to learn all skill books and both summons (shinsu/deathman), and curse caped at level1.
Key7: sc+10%

Necromancer
SPIRITSWORD - POISONING - SOULFIREBALL - MASSHIDING - REVELATION TRAPHEXAGON - MASSHEALING - TURNUNDEAD - PURIFICATION
Hallucination - Reincarnation - PoisonCloud - UndeadFlame - Curse lvl1 - TaoFullMoon - AdvSoulFireBall - SummonDeathMan
Similar to the Priest class however lacks any summoning skills, instead the necromancer must obtain bones from boss's around mir to resummon these boss's as his pets, ofc they are weaker than the orginal, but still stronger than any pet the priest is able to summon. Also has the ability to summon his/her own healin pet, to aid him.. this leaves the user free to use other spells instead.
Key7: Reanimate Bosses from Bones as pets
Key8:Summon Undead Blessing (heal type pet)

Afflicter
POISONING - SOULFIREBALL - HIDING - REVELATION - ENERGYREPULSOR - TRAPHEXAGON - PURIFICATION
Hallucination - UltimateEnhancer - Curse lvl3 - PoisonCloud - ColdFlame - TaoFullMoon - AdvSoulFireBall - SummonDeathMan
This class is a great support class, it has curse level3 which no other sub class can get, this works a lot better than level1, aswell as lasting longer and decreasing more %. Their pets have the ability to mass attack aidin in faster levelin than priest, aswell as the key8 afflicter mass red poisonin all mobs. these pets combined with the users ability to mass curse make them a great class, however they are unable to deal mass amounts of damage quickly, so are better suited for group huntin.
Key7: Summons 2x Afflictions
Key8: Summons Mass red poison Affliction

Wizard Sub Class's
Mage - PaperMage - IronMage - NegaMage - Druid

Mage
REPULSION - ELECTRICSHOCK - THUNDERBOLT - TELEPORT - LIGHTNING - ICESTORM - FIREWALL - THUNDERSTORM - MAGICSHIELD - TURNUNDEAD
FrostCrunch - Vampirism - FlameDisruptor - Mirroring - FlameField - Blizzard - MeteorStrike - MassThunder
Quite basically a normal wizard, ability to learn all normal wizard spells.
Key7: Mc+10%

IronMage
BOUNCE - ELECTRICSHOCK - TELEPORT - LIGHTNING - THUNDERSTORM - MAGICSHIELD - THUNDERSTORM - IRONBLIZZARD
FlameField - IronStorm - HellsFire - ProField - MassThunder
With high AC and AMC on their class ring, but low mc, aswell as a HP+25% key7 buff, Ironmages have amazing defense, and are great levelers, bein able to tank mass mobs and destroy with flamefield. however, they have lost some a wizard most destructive spell; meteor strike. Their HellsFire skill makes up for this a little, but hard to aim. Ironblizzard is a very weak version of blizard, merely used to slow their enemys in defense.
Key7: Hp+25%
Key8: Mc+10%

PaperMage
REPULSION - ELECTRICSHOCK - THUNDERBOLT - TELEPORT - LIGHTNING - ICESTORM - FIREWALL - THUNDERSTORM - TURNUNDEAD - PAPERSHIELD
FrostCrunch - Vampirism - FlameDisruptor - Mirroring - FlameField - Blizzard - MeteorStrike - MassThunder
Basically a mage with a little less defense, but more MC. Class ring has less ac/amc, but abit more mc. The Paper shield is slightly weaker than a normal mages shield
Key7: Mc+10%
Key8: Mc+20%

NegaMages:
REPULSION - THUNDERBOLT - TELEPORT - LIGHTNING - ICESTORM - FIREWALL -THUNDERSTORM - MAGICSHIELD - HEALING - HIDING - MASSHIDING - REVELATION - TRAPHEXAGON - MASSHEALING - POISONING

NEGAMAGE - FrostCrunch - Vampirism - FlameDisruptor - FlameField - Hallucination
The ideal boss hunting class, they have spells such a FF/FW to mass clear areas, shield and the HP of a taoist for defense, and poison skill to help in the aid of killin boss's. Also bein able to summon 2 pets, 1 that psns, 1 that has a range bolt. They are not so great at fightin as they dont have any real damange spells appart from FF.
Key7: Summons a Magi pet that has a range bolt
Key8: Summons a Tao pet that can green psn clos range

Druid:
FENCING - SLAYING - HALFMOON - SHOULDERDASH - FLAMINGSWORD - REPULSION - ELECTRICSHOCK - ICESTORM - GREATFIREBALL
FlameSword - Entrapment - LionRoar - BladeAvalanche - Pro Field - Rage - FrostCrunch - FlameDisruptor - FlameField
Quick sum of of the class-
Over all an all round class, its a mix and match. it has the HP of a warrior, with a few spells such a Dash, Flame sword, halfmoon. Ceratin spells from a wizard such as FF / Ice storm. Also as an aid has 3 close range pets. Its basically a warrior that miss's out on dc Buffs/TDB/xhm etc, but gains 3 pets+FF. also can turn its MP into HP usin key7, eg -500 mp, +500 instant hp.
Key7: Turns 500MP into 500 instant HP
Key8: Summons 3 wild pets

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
This thread is for a server advert and nothing else.

The next off topic post with ANY derogatory remarks will earn the user a banning for a couple of days.

You have been warned.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
It has never closed, it was wiped once, but decision was made that it was a bad move and old DB was put back in but every1s characters were transfered so no1 lost out, and the new owners helped out while i was busy irl, go cry

and im sure the post above says ur now gonna get banned for a few days? and ive not paid any admins here, i dunno why every1 seems to keep thinkin that

any ways, there is a new Client available, heres the links, id update main post, but i cant edit posts?

Full Client:

www.oldskoolftp.net/OldSkoolClient.zip

New Auto Patcher:

www.oldskoolftp.net/oldskoolautopatcher.zip

Exe + IPs:

www.oldskoolftp.net/oldskoolexe.zip

Seperate Downloads

Data Folder:

www.oldskoolftp.net/Data.zip

Map Folder

www.oldskoolftp.net/Map.zip

Graphics Folder Parts:

Human Folder:

www.oldskoolftp.net/Human.zip

Monster Folder

www.oldskoolftp.net/Monster.zip

Weapon Folder

www.oldskoolftp.net/Weapon.zip

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
I will watch this thread.

Anyone breaking the rules will follow jewjewbee and have a 3 day ban.

Nikx

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 1, 2008
Why does my Mir2exe keep going away i cannot log onto mir ? because the mir 2 icon is disapeared. its happened to me once and you had to do autopatcher 2 times and now ive done it like millions of times and its still not cuming back so pls can sum1 help how to get it back ty

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
ah right okay fella, koari gave me a infraction because i asked a question lal.
I know... did same to me, no offense koari but u are kinda power mad.... most likely get infracted for this but oh well, shouldnt be scared to speak ur mind, i know loads will agree with me

On topic any way:

contacted host so just gotta w8 for email... goin bed now but hopefully get a reply in the morning, and our new dedi should be ready sometime 2moro aswell any way

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I would edit my post but i cant :/ so sorry for double postin....

Server is back online, the datacenter had a power cut caused by another server in the rack, so all is fine again.

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
ah right okay fella, koari gave me a infraction because i asked a question lal.

then you did not read the rules.

RS4. REPLIES
===============
1. Please read info carefully to avoid pointless questions
2. PM server owner if you can, again avoiding any replies.
3. NO FLAMING, prejudices, and persecutions towards anyone!
4. No posts which only exist to ask the status of the server. Check the SigStat image on the original post. Such requests will be deemed as spam.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
then you did not read the rules.

RS4. REPLIES
===============
1. Please read info carefully to avoid pointless questions
2. PM server owner if you can, again avoiding any replies.
3. NO FLAMING, prejudices, and persecutions towards anyone!
4. No posts which only exist to ask the status of the server. Check the SigStat image on the original post. Such requests will be deemed as spam.

Kaori, if you're following rules so tightly, then this thread should be deleted altogether.

• Other: ADVERTISING
  • No advertising other game or MIR forums without express permission from staff
  • Server forums for [SINGLE] MIR servers are fine and do not require permission
  • Servers where donations are accepted are allowed to advertise on LOMCN. But where servers accept donations and players can choose items are not allowed to advertise on LOMCN.

My point is that the rules are apparantly out-dated and are possibly subject to change in the near future. If you are going to enforce the tiny little petty rules like what daneo breached, and not the other, imo, more important ones, then you're being a little bit of a hypocrite.

ON TOPIC: hai meightz i carnt get mai exe 2 open liek ne halpz?

edit: 0h turnz out uit woz avg blokkin it lalz0r fixed it now

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
I cant get the exe due to Kaspersky detecting a trojan (Packed.Win32.Black.a). I expect its just a case of a twitchy AV system but meh. Can anyone confirm?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I cant get the exe due to Kaspersky detecting a trojan (Packed.Win32.Black.a). I expect its just a case of a twitchy AV system but meh. Can anyone confirm?

I can't confirm anything from Oldskool but mir2.exe's are always detected as trojans, cos it's Korean or whatever reason... but they're clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.