[OldSkool_V2] - [2.3] - [HighRate] - [DediHost] - [Take a look]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
OldSkool mir.exe is not a virus, all mir exes are detected as virus's unfortunatly

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Server is currently offline while we transfer to 2.6 files,

all download links will be removed and replaced with new 2.6 client within the next few days

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
Thread closed and will be replaced with 2.6 once it's up.

Bon, please make a new thread in upcoming with the ETA. Also you will need to make a new Ad thread when the new server is live.

Edit: Thread opened as Bon decided to keep 2.3 running before 2.6 is up.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Basically when we transfered to 2.6 was a lot more bugs than expected, so we are runnin 2.6 on a seperate dedi and bug fixin some more then we'll attempt the transfer over again.

for more info please see our forums

noisound

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 23, 2004
ahhhh was trying to get the download links and ive just read about 2.6, good luck

norman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 10, 2004
Your forums wont let me make an account, keep saying i get random question wrong... lol

Evan tho i googled the answer after the first time. Still says it.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Your forums wont let me make an account, keep saying i get random question wrong... lol

Evan tho i googled the answer after the first time. Still says it.
i dont rly run forums, ven does, but ill ask him to look at it

Thats right, we're transferin over to 2.6 files in the nite to minimize the downtime durin peak hours
hopefully ill wake up about 10-12 to finish off the final touchs, and will put it online, we'll be in beta for 24hrs to test everything out, if everythings cool will be no rewinds and game will continue normally... im gonna give 3-5 days beta just incase there are any last minute major exploits, but doubtful

Heres the downloads ull need, try not to delete ur 2.3 oldskool folder just incase we have to go back to 2.3

What i sugest u do, is make a copy of ur 2.3 OldSkool folder, rename it to OldSkool26... then download the followin stuff, and replace each folder, the folders that need replacein will be
/Data
/Graphics/Human
/Graphics/Weapon
/Graphics/Monster

Data Folder download:
www.oldskoolftp.net/FourHeros/Data.rar

you'll also need to download this and extract the files into your data folder and overwrite:
www.oldskoolftp.net/FourHeros/AddtoData.rar

Graphic Folder downloads:

www.oldskoolftp.net/FourHeros/Weapon.zip
www.oldskoolftp.net/FourHeros/Human.zip
www.oldskoolftp.net/FourHeros/Monster.zip

ill upload the exe in the morning

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Its up and down over next 24-48hrs while we apply and fix the last of the bugs ppl are finding, then encrption will be changed, new exe released, and will hopefully go into a live state

noisound

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 23, 2004
so oldskool is in 2.6 now? (with assassin class?)

ill come play when i can download the 2.6 client :p

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
from what i read on forum there will be no assasin , i one think thats the stupides ideea ben ever had , but is just my opinion

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
we're back on 2.3 while we fix all the bugs found agian, then will attempt another testing phase soon... the bug list is goin down and down, wont be long before they are all gone

then alex u obviously cant read the forums, assassin will be part put in, the assassin spells will be tweaked and spread out amounged war/tao/wiz

the armours will be used as special armors for war/toa/wiz
the weapons will be used as special weapons for war/tao/wiz

u obviously know notihng about runnin a mir server, if u think its the stupidest idea ive ever had

why would i put a brand new class in where u hvae to start at lvl70? its pointless.

Assassin full class can w8 for the new FourHeros server, putin asssassin into OS just wont fit as a new class, but way im doin it, gets all new assassin features ingame

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
auto patcher and full client been deleted cause my FTP was moanin, and we'll be usin a 2.6 client within a week ne way so... just w8 or use different wils for now

theres plenty of ppl usin OS client ne way, dl off them lol

or just dl the serperate parts

Status
Not open for further replies.