Performance Chip (Car Modification)

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
Dont agree there, not every part from different manufactorers (spelling?) work well together, so doing one part at a time is not a good idea.

Where did i say they did?

I wouldnt recommend anyone modding a car without researching first. If you know whats what, you can mod a car anyway you like.

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
anyway my view is if you got enough money to buy all the mods you might aswell just buy a car that was designed for it thats standard such as a supra or skyline. i think modifying the body and interior is fine but once you mess with the engine your just looking for trouble specially with insurance companies these days only takes 1 mod not to be down on the papers, their word against yours and if youve had a knock in the car your insurance is void.

disagree with u there on this 1,

its much easier for me to insure the polo @ 21, with an engine conversion, still a 1.3(Mpi Version thou) Cam it properly, port n polish, 4 branch etc etc, get it running a decent power to weight than it would be for me to afford to buy a skyline/supra etc let alone afford the insurance + petrol costs of running a turbo'd motor.

I borrowed my m8s Silvia running about 270 brake, cud easly go threw £10 in fuel in a few miles.

+ im sure loz will back me up on this, the modifying costs of a high spec engine will cost u far far more than if u were to mod say... Ancients Rover 25.

Any car(well most, unless u own like a Suzuki Wagon R or summit **** liek that) has tuning options available to it, even if its just a simple case of
Breathing(Inlet + Exhaust), Cams and Head Work. and all these will work spot on(due to the fact they have been tested and engineered to work well with the specific engine.)

Also insurers will if need be pick up on body mods and interior mods if they want to be picky about ur claim. just a simple thing like Harnesses instead of belts.

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
+ im sure loz will back me up on this, the modifying costs of a high spec engine will cost u far far more than if u were to mod say... Ancients Rover 25.

Hell yeah, my FRS costs far more than my old Saxo to mod, I'd hate to be the one paying to modify a Skyline. Though it would be worth it ;)

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Hell yeah, my FRS costs far more than my old Saxo to mod, I'd hate to be the one paying to modify a Skyline. Though it would be worth it ;)
Ive been really impressed how difting is mastered and id like to try it one day but cannot do it in my rover 25 because of it having FWD my only option would be going for a RX7 or SILVER 13-15 but if your willing to own a car like this you have tobe prepared to spend money on it. to keep it at a nice standard
like ive always said. buying a car is easy. running and payin for the insurance is the hard part.
there's so many thing's you can do to a car. but as this is my first car im just doing inside the car first brought myself Mutant.
MT1105USB Stereo
MT607 SPEAKERS
been lookin into a AMP and Sub Woofer togo with this system.
/ancient

Last edited:

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
You'll learn alot by modifying your first car, theres no rush.. do whatever pleases you. Join a rover 25 car club, they'll help you and give you all the info you'd need, Google it.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
yeh car clubs help alot, i joined a 106owners club and haven't looked back since.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
i know this is a old post. but i thought id post these.

the green MG is my dad's beast. and the bike is my beast. and i shall post a better piccy of the Rover 25

Attachments

• DSC00009.jpg
    DSC00009.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00035.jpg
    DSC00035.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00037.jpg
    DSC00037.jpg